Artist Illustrates Dota 2 Heroes in Classic Disney Style

Artist Illustrates Dota 2 Heroes in Classic Disney Style

Dota 2 Disney Lina 310x

Windranger looks like she's on loan from the Pixar Brave team.

Igor Artyomenko, known as Haryarti on Deviant Art, has several Disney-inspired illustrations up on his artist page. The subjects? Some of your favorite Dota 2 heroes, transformed into characters worthy of any Walt Disney animated epic.

Crystal Maiden, Lina the Slayer, Traxex the Drow Ranger, and Windranger all got the digital paintbrush treatment. Crystal Maiden is, by DOTA Buff's estimate, a Tier 2 hero, while the Drow Ranger is Tier 3 (Lina and the Windranger are Tier 5).

My Disney comparisons for Crystal, Lina, Drow, and Windranger? Crystal is straight out of Frozen, I think, while Windranger would be right at home in Brave. Lina and the Drow Ranger are a bit tougher to place, but I could see the latter playing a role in Snow White. (Maybe as The Huntswoman?) Lina almost has a desert quality to her, but you can place her in your Disney flick pick down in the comments.

And to round out the Dota 2 mini-gallery? Igor also has a "speed paint" of Pudge -- not quite a princess, but rad nonetheless. And be sure to check out the rest of Igor's portfolio over on DA.

Source: Igor Artyomenko (DeviantArt)

Its neat but I think I was more impressed with my little dota 2.

It's the weekly Disney Princess news article, eh? Can't we just Let it Go?

I actually quite like these. Not the most original designs or ideas, but the little details do it for me. Like the little Clarity and Dust of Appearance vials on CMs belt and the Salves on Lina and Drow.

But a Manta AND a Blink Dagger on WR? Shenanigans...

Vigormortis:

Yes, I can't remember any Disney princess having them, either.

Clarity on CM? What is this? Someone didn't level up her passive...

Absolutionis:
It's the weekly Disney Princess news article, eh? Can't we just Let it Go?

At least this one was "X dressed up as Disney Princesses" and not "Disney Princesses dressed up as X"

Daystar Clarion:

Probably lvl 1 still. Must be jungling with Frostbite.

Vigormortis:

Oi! Blink is completely legit on Windrunner!

Allright, I'm going to be that guy.

Why the fuck would you whitewash Drow Ranger. Not enough white women for you to draw or something? For fucks sake she's purple!! She's the closest and ONLY thing that game has to a woman of color and that barely AND YOU STILL WHITEWASH HER????

Stupid racism. I'm sure the artist doesn't see a problem with that shit at all. *depressed sighs*

dragonswarrior:

Why the fuck would you whitewash Drow Ranger. Not enough white women for you to draw or something? For fucks sake she's purple!! She's the closest and ONLY thing that game has to a woman of color and that barely AND YOU STILL WHITEWASH HER????

Stupid racism. I'm sure the artist doesn't see a problem with that shit at all. *depressed sighs*

She's albino in this, not "White". This has nothing to do with racism, just an artistic decision. (Oh, and you're forgetting DP and LC)

The art is good but I think the disney comparison is reaching a bit too far.

DoPo:

Yes, I can't remember any Disney princess having them, either.

I 'unno. Wasn't there one who could teleport? I could've sworn there was one...

SomeLameStuff:

Oi! Blink is completely legit on Windrunner!

Only if you suck with Force Staff!

*smug face*

I kid, I kid...

dragonswarrior:

Commander Tresdin would like a word with you.

looks like someone at Escapist has their disney style artwork boner again lol.. watch their be several dozen new posts about how they scored deviant art to find more pictures done in disney style that they can get off on and post about

While I'm not personally so keen on the departure from the characters' actual looks (some of them quite extreme. Drow Ranger in particular is just not right), I must admit that that man is immensely talented. The time and skill to create something like that is amazing to a non-artistic type like me :-)

I would love to see him do Phantom Assassin tho. She's by far my fav Dota2 hero (even with the small (and IMO, unnecessary) nerf she got in 6.83) and I bought the Block of Frost just so I could have an effigy of her. "Have some blade." :-)

Daystar Clarion:

I've actually started getting Clarity on her. If you level up Chilling Touch first (I think that's it... the w semistun) it makes for way better harass. I've gotten a lot of first blood assists that way. Then you either pop the clarity or level the passive and use the clarity on the core you're laning with. Of course, this also from the guy that doesn't touch the ult until level 10...

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here