There's something that's been bothering me about Jon's plan. Well, a lot of things, really. Now that I think of it, I guess it's everything about his plan seems a little off. But the detail bugging me right now is the bit about the east road. Isn't this the road with...
The east road is the one infested with spiders the size of donkeys.
The last spider falls and I arrive at the gates of the city.
This is it. The big showdown. I go over Jon's battle plans one last time to make sure I'm not missing anything:
1) Stay at the lodge - far outside of the fortifications, where we will not be able to influence the battle in any way.
2) Wait until nightfall.
3) Wait some more, until long after the battle has begun.
4) Split into two groups. Of one person each.
5) Assault the town separately. I will fight directly through the spider nest (again) while Jon will hike all the way around the mountain and arrive sometime after bandits have destroyed the town, rebuilt it, moved in, and raised a new generation of bandit children.
6) That's pretty much it. No plans for what we're supposed to do once we get to town. Although I'm sure I can stab bandits without worrying that I might be going off-mission.
In town, it seems Calder Cob has escaped from jail and is now beating on the jailer.
You remember Ned the jailer. Earlier he had me picking berries, because he wanted to "interrogate" Cob by feeding him. Nobody bothered to execute Cob after he finished (not) talking on account of the cake they fed him, and now his brigand buddies have set him loose.
I guess he didn't like the cake. Well, I've been waiting all day for the chance to do this...
Taste justice you greasy pantaloon-wearing clodpole!