WalkthroughsUpgrade Your Armor With All the Fairy Fountains Found in Breath of the WIldWalkthroughs - RSS 2.0
If Link wants to improve his outfits, he'll need to find the Great Fairy Fountains in Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. There are four in total, and we've got all the hidden locations.
Almost every set of armor can be upgraded in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and enhancing outfits is the only way you'll be able to sustain more damage from rampaging (and rapidly improving) enemies. There are four levels of enhancement, and you'll often find special bonus effects applied to any full set you've enhanced at least twice.
Find all the Great Fairies, located around the four corners of Hyrule, with the map gallery below.
Great Fairy Locations | Armor Upgrade Guide
Each Great Fairy costs rupees to "unlock", and then you'll need to trade materials to enhance armor. For each Great Fairy you find, you'll be able to enhance gear one level high -- up to 4 Stars.
The Great Fairies can be found and unlocked in any order. The locations are always the same, but the price to unlock increases for each Great Fairy Link finds.
Cotera's Great Fairy Fountain
- Location: Search the woods northwest of Kakariko Village. There's a giant flower bud -- take the upper path to Ta'log Naeg Shrine and go right to find it.
Tera's Great Fairy Fountain
- Location: Found in the far southwest corner of the Gerudo Desert. The fountain is hidden beneath the Gerudo Great Skeleton.
Mija's Great Fairy Fountain
- Location: Above the deep waters of Lake Akkala, there's a small forest south of Tarrey Town and east of the Dah Hesho Shrine.
Kaysa's Great Fairy Fountain
- Location: The last fountain is south of the Tabantha Tower, in a pond on Piper Ridge.
The cost to unlock each fairy increases as they're unlocked. You'll need to pay: 1) 100 Rupees, 2) 500 Rupees, 3) 1,000 Rupees, 4) 10,000 Rupees.
More Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild guides on The Escapist:
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Best Armor Sets | Locations Guide
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - How to Get Monster Mask Disguises
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - How To Build A DIY Flying Machine
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - How to Revive Dead Horses | Horse God Guide
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - How to Get Royal Weapons Early | Best Weapons Guide
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Diamond Side Quest Locations | Rupee Farming Tips
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Captured Memories Quest Guide | All 13 Locations
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Hylian Shield Guide | Best Shield Location