2010 Summer E Games Cell Phone Picture Contest
Welcome to the first ever Summer E Games "Cell Phone Picture" contest. While not everyone has a digital SLR at their disposal, most people have a cell phone that can take pictures. We believe that the pictures on your cell phone can be just as artistic as the ones professional photographers can take. We are hoping you prove us right, so get to clicking!
- You must be a registered member of The Escapist. You can sign up for your free account by clicking here, or
Login with Facebook.
- We are looking for artistic photos. We understand the quality may be a bit lower because it is a cell phone camera but do the best you can. Everyone is on a level playing field.
- Your final picture must be no bigger than 640x640.
- All entries must be submitted in jpg, jpeg, gif formats
- You may not alter the picture at all once you've loaded it onto your computer.
- Once your phone pic is saved on your computer, submit your entry by clicking the "browse" button below and finding your art from your files
- Fill in the TITLE of your art in the text box
- Click the "submit" button
- You are only allowed 1 entry
We're looking for clever and innovative entries of all types, so don't be hesitant about trying something creative. However, we will not accept nudity or sexual displays. Those will get deleted immediately and your participation in the Summer E Games will be over.
The deadline for this contest is Tuesday, August 24th at 11:59PM EDT. The top photos will be chosen and posted for voting.
- Anything submitted with vulgarity or lewdness will automatically be deleted and your account will be banned
- This art must be original and not found anywhere else
- Failure to insert your TITLE will negate your entry completely
The winners will be decided based on the number of votes received. Voting will begin on Wednesday, August 25th and will end on Friday, August 27th at approximately 5PM EST.
Gold, Silver and Bronze medals/badges will be given to the top 3 Photos with the most votes.
If you are found cheating in any way, shape or form, you will be permanently banned from all Themis Media properties and have all previous medals, badges and titles stripped.
The contest has ended!
Thanks for your interest, but this contest is now over. Keep checking The Escapist for more contests and giveaways in the future.
By participating in this contest, contestants grant Themis Group, Inc. the right to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including, without limitation, the World Wide Web, at any time or times, the contestant's name, as news or for public information and education without additional consideration or compensation. Any entry becomes the property of Themis Group, Inc. and will not be returned. Entrants surrender copyright and all interests therein of their submissions to Themis Group, Inc. with the understanding that the materials may be used for promotional purposes.
Employees of Themis Group, Inc., and its subsidiaries or affiliates, and any family members and/or household members of these employees, are excluded from the contest.
Entrants release Themis Group, Inc. and its respective parent divisions, affiliates, officers, subsidiaries, agents, employees and all others associated with the development and execution of this giveaway from and against any liability with respect to or in any way arising from this contest and the awarding and use of the prizes.
Tampering with the giveaway in any manner is prohibited. Themis Group, Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine whether the contest has been tampered with. Themis Group, Inc. reserves the right to disqualify any entrant it suspects or has determined, in its sole discretion, has tampered with the promotion or submitted multiple entries. If Themis Group, Inc. determines that the contest has been tampered with, it reserves the right to terminate the contest without awarding any prizes. Themis Group, Inc. shall not be responsible for any entry not received due to network outages; failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions; online failures; hardware, software or other technical malfunctions or disturbances; or any other communications or transmission failure.
Participation in any part of the Themis Group, Inc.'s "2010 Summer E Games" implies an understanding and acceptance of these rules and regulations.
Void where prohibited.