Hey guys, I'm a furry

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Check out my fursona.

I also love femboys and trans people. I think they're awesome.

Discuss how awesome I am.

Okay, good to know

Arnoxthe1:
Check out my fursona.

This isn't WW. Add something to talk about...a topic, y'know. A specific something for discussion. Otherwise it'll get locked.

Basement Cat:
This isn't WW. Add something to talk about...a topic, y'know. A specific something for discussion. Otherwise it'll get locked.

I added a topic.

Basement Cat:

Arnoxthe1:
Check out my fursona.

See, this is why I want the wild west back.

:(

Arnoxthe1:
Discuss how awesome I am.

What, like a hotdog?

Does your fursona include or disinclude the

Also I was under the belief one was suppose to create their own fursona
This looks like a contrast job with a black eye and a nubbed point
Or is that a chill thing to do in the fandom?

Arnoxthe1:

Silentpony:
What, like a hotdog?

Both.

Well then cards on the table, I prefer beef franks to the pork ones. Pork sits heavy with me, and the beef I find cook better. As for buns, I prefer toasted but a normal cool bun is perfectly acceptable. Pickle relish is a must, as is ketchup and mustard. I've heard it said the mustard should be spicy, and while I agree in spirit, in practice you can squeak by with plain mustard.
Now the real question is fire grilled vs gas grilled, and both have their own merits.
Now I don't need to tell you that a fire grill adds such a unique flavor, but the gas grill is at least in my experience easier to transport and start cooking, and better for large parties.

Man, you never know what you have in common with someone until you stop and talk to them, eh? But what were you saying earlier about being a recolor of Zoe the furry?

Silentpony:
Well then cards on the table, I prefer beef franks to the pork ones. Pork sits heavy with me, and the beef I find cook better. As for buns, I prefer toasted but a normal cool bun is perfectly acceptable. Pickle relish is a must, as is ketchup and mustard. I've heard it said the mustard should be spicy, and while I agree in spirit, in practice you can squeak by with plain mustard.
Now the real question is fire grilled vs gas grilled, and both have their own merits.
Now I don't need to tell you that a fire grill adds such a unique flavor, but the gas grill is at least in my experience easier to transport and start cooking, and better for large parties.

It's irrelevant anyway because bratwursts are superior to hotdogs.

Gauche:
Does your fursona include or disinclude the

Also I was under the belief one was suppose to create their own fursona
This looks like a contrast job with a black eye and a nubbed point
Or is that a chill thing to do in the fandom?

Silentpony:
Man, you never know what you have in common with someone until you stop and talk to them, eh? But what were you saying earlier about being a recolor of Zoe the furry?

The owner of this edited image is ZoeTheWolf. You can find them here. Or at least as far as I can tell. It looks like the original creator of her is actually unknown. One thing's for sure though. That userpage is cringy.

Normally, people commission a favorite artist to draw their fursona but it's not really an expense I can justify at the moment as a quality commission can easily cost upwards of $100, so I gotta be lame and use someone else's image as a reference for my own until I can finally commission one.

My fursona is indeed a blue and black wolfess, but the image and original fursona (supposedly) belong to ZoeTheWolf who is black and red.

Arnoxthe1:
SNIP

Real talk before I get to that bratwursts comment, how are fursonas 'claimed'?
For example, the fursona you have is a altered version of Zoe, a wolf/husky w/ some fox furry. Did you decide those were the animals you identified with, and then found the art, or did you find the art, read the character bio then decide that's the animal you feel like?
Like is it 'I like this art, this art is a poodle, ergo I'm a poodle' or 'I am a meerkat, here is meerkat art I like, therefore I am this meerkat art'

Now to that bratwursts stuff...grilled bun, fired grilled brat, sauerkraut, and spicy mustard and you have yourself a deal.

Neat. Bit dark, but I'm glad you didn't go with neon. Makes the eyes bleed.

Silentpony:
how are fursonas 'claimed'?
For example, the fursona you have is a altered version of Zoe, a wolf/husky w/ some fox furry. Did you decide those were the animals you identified with, and then found the art, or did you find the art, read the character bio then decide that's the animal you feel like?
Like is it 'I like this art, this art is a poodle, ergo I'm a poodle' or 'I am a meerkat, here is meerkat art I like, therefore I am this meerkat art'

Making a fursona is a pretty loose affair. For some, it's who they are at their core. For others, it's just a body they find sexy. In my case, I actually originally had a purple/indigo wolfess chosen as my fursona before I looked at any actual art of another wolfess. I chose that fursona because who I am and what appeals to me. I saw ZoeTheWolf a little later on and coloring struck a chord in me. I liked it so much, I changed my fursona to that but made her black and blue to make it fully personal to me.

Ultimately, my fursona hasn't really changed that much in hindsight though. She's still a wolfess as she was when I first chose her. Her form is still exactly the same. Her personality is the same. Only the markings and the color scheme changed. Although, I know I'm gonna have to find another name for her sometime even though Zoe does fit her perfectly.

BTW, WHERE'S ALL THIS "HARASSMENT" I KEEP HEARING ABOUT? IS MY TOPIC NOT AUTISTIC ENOUGH FOR YOU HARASSERS?

Arnoxthe1:

BTW, WHERE'S ALL THIS "HARASSMENT" I KEEP HEARING ABOUT? IS MY TOPIC NOT AUTISTIC ENOUGH FOR YOU HARASSERS?

You do, and always have, come across as trying pretty hard to be edgy, a bit crass and seemingly baiting arguments. I imagine that doesnt appeal to the audience you're hunting. I mean, it's not bullying when the target is receptive, it's banter.

Elijin:
You do, and always have, come across as trying pretty hard to be edgy, a bit crass and seemingly baiting arguments. I imagine that doesnt appeal to the audience you're hunting. I mean, it's not bullying when the target is receptive, it's banter.

Maybe so, but I still stand by my point that people are being way too sensitive. Trolls feed off of attention, and it seems no matter where I go, nobody even tries to learn this basic rule of the internet. And because nobody wants to learn that on the internet, attention is power, we have to enact grade-school rules for name-calling and that the mods have to babysit everybody.

Carrying the school analogy a little farther, imagine you're new in class and a kid gently pushes you during a lecture. Do you,

A. Explode and tell the teacher that the kid is pushing you.
B. Ignore it.

You'd think option B would be the answer everyone would pick, but on the internet, everyone wants to go for option A. And so the teacher has to get involved, and pretty soon, that same kid that at first just received a gentle push is now subject to class ridicule. And then the kid that exploded wonders why everyone is picking on him. Well gee wizzers. It's almost like you made everyone think you're a giant pussy who can't even handle a little push.

Now here's another scenario. Suppose you do ignore it but the other kid keeps jostling you constantly. Maybe even pushes you into a locker. So finally, one day, you've rightfully had enough and decide to push back hard. Oh whoops, a teacher saw that. You get suspended now for fighting. That's what a lot of others are talking about when they're mad they get suspended from the site, but the other person who provoked it didn't get any moderation because they technically didn't say a bad word to the other person.

And you know what, I'm not even mad at all at the mods for that. It's actually not their fault at all. They can't be around to study every single little fight that goes on in the forums. No, the problem is with the rules themselves. And that's the issue here. WW gave us some respite from them, but now that's gone.

Arnoxthe1:

Elijin:

Maybe so, but I still stand by my point that people are being way too sensitive. Trolls feed off of attention, and it seems no matter where I go, nobody even tries to learn this basic rule of the internet. And because nobody wants to learn that on the internet, attention is power, we have to enact grade-school rules for name-calling and that the mods have to babysit everybody.

Carrying the school analogy a little farther, imagine you're new in class and a kid gently pushes you during a lecture. Do you,

A. Explode and tell the teacher that the kid is pushing you.
B. Ignore it.

You'd think option B would be the answer everyone would pick, but on the internet, everyone wants to go for option A. And so the teacher has to get involved, and pretty soon, that same kid that at first just received a gentle push is now subject to class ridicule. And then the kid that exploded wonders why everyone is picking on him. Well gee wizzers. It's almost like you made everyone think you're a giant pussy who can't even handle a little push.

Now here's another scenario. Suppose you do ignore it but the other kid keeps jostling you constantly. Maybe even pushes you into a locker. So finally, one day, you've rightfully had enough and decide to push back hard. Oh whoops, a teacher saw that. You get suspended now for fighting. That's what a lot of others are talking about when they're mad they get suspended from the site, but the other person who provoked it didn't get any moderation because they technically didn't say a bad word to the other person.

And you know what, I'm not even mad at all at the mods for that. It's actually not their fault at all. They can't be around to study every single little fight that goes on in the forums. No, the problem is with the rules themselves. And that's the issue here. WW gave us some respite from them, but now that's gone.

I cut off his head and drink mead from his skull, as I do with all my enemies.

Also, since you missed it in the other one 'dogging' is an English slang for having sex in a public place. So the joke about just one dogging without consent being harassment was a rape joke.

Elijin:
Also, since you missed it in the other one 'dogging' is an English slang for having sex in a public place. So the joke about just one dogging without consent being harassment was a rape joke.

havin' a giggle thar m8?

I didnt make the joke, someone else did. And it wasnt the bad sort of rape joke. If anything, thats a misrepresentation. It was closer to a pun. A joke made out of differences in speech.

Elijin:

That's pretty much it, but dogging has connotations of being a bit ... low class, I guess. Like, two people wearing anoraks trying to have sex in the back of a Ford Fiesta (Mark 3) in a car park while two or three other people in anoraks look in from the outside, panting at the windows (which are steaming up) and masturbating.

One wonders how much the furry community (as a whole) does actual research on animals/animal behaviours.

In any case, eh, people (other than furries) mostly lost interest in furries years ago.

Returning to the dogging thing briefly: you know how that episode of CSI portrayed furries, and all the furries got their noses out of joint? That's pretty much how British media (media generally, not specifically the news media) portray doggers. To their credit, doggers don't moan about it on the internet (AFAIK).

Cool :)

The mods removed the Wild West, so the Wild West just infiltrated other parts of the forums? I'm highly doubtful this was the right decision.

chocolate pickles:
The mods removed the Wild West, so the Wild West just infiltrated other parts of the forums? I'm highly doubtful this was the right decision.

Infiltrate isn't really the right word - this isn't the leaching of WW content to another forum, its a child that's been sent to bed stamping on every single step of the stairs on the way there, just to make sure you know how really really ineffectually angry they are.

Hi OP, i'm not a furry, and i wanted to ask a question:

What's with the the color schemes of so many fursonas? Why instead going for more natural colors, so many of them use hot pink, lime green etc. and combinations of thereof. (Not thinking about yours in particular, mind you, just of those many more eye-gouging out there.)

Furry but not fursona. Are furries all young people? We never see an old furry. Can a Manatee be a furry when it has no fur or is called something else like a blubby or skinny?

Arnoxthe1:

You arent thinking it through that much. How many people have successfully been ignoring these "trolls" that you would never know about because, holy scragglebags Sally, they don't say anything?

I blame the internet and anime for this degeneracy.

Seriously though, I think furries look creepy with those costumes. It's like nightmare fuel. Kinda makes me wanna watch a horror movie with furries though.

Uh..... that's nice.

so....what is the appeal for you of the furry sub-culture? Not trying to be disrespectful or anything, just curious.

Wintermute:
I think furries look creepy with those costumes. It's like nightmare fuel. Kinda makes me wanna watch a horror movie with furries though.

Like a couple of nights at Freddy's?

Marik2:

Basement Cat:

Arnoxthe1:
Check out my fursona.

This is why it's good it's gone.

Souplex:

Marik2:

Basement Cat:

It's not really gone if they just push all the WW garbage into off topic though

Just curious, do you own a fursuit?

The only other furry I know does, so I'm curious about how common it is for people to own them in the furry community.

Squilookle:

Souplex:

Marik2:

It's not really gone if they just push all the WW garbage into off topic though

Did you miss the part where the mods smacked Arny on the nose with a rolled up newspaper and told him to have discussion value, and he edited his post to have more?
That's already better than the Wild West

Majestic Manatee:
Furry but not fursona. Are furries all young people? We never see an old furry. Can a Manatee be a furry when it has no fur or is called something else like a blubby or skinny?

Asking the real questions there. What if you identify with an animal that has no fur, or parhaps hair of any kind, like most non-mammals? Are you still a furry if your anthropomorphised persona is a fish or bird?

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.