Disney's Live Action Lion King Teaser Trailer...

Pages PREV 1 2

Dirty Hipsters:

Kenbo Slice:
They cut out Be Prepared which is the best Disney Villain song. Hard pass.

THEY WHAT? Blasphemy!

I'm with you, that shit be whack yo.

Kenbo Slice:

What?

What?!

WHAT?!

I get you might not want the Nazi imagery, but the solution to that would be cutting out the Nazi imagery not the whole song!

Kenbo Slice:

Probably because of the goose stepping Hyena army that look like Nazis....

But they better cut out Mighty King and Hakuna Matata.

Samtemdo8:

Kenbo Slice:

I would rather them keep all the songs because The Lion King has the best Disney soundtrack.

Kenbo Slice:

Samtemdo8:

Kenbo Slice:

I would rather them keep all the songs because The Lion King has the best Disney soundtrack.

Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast are better.

Kenbo Slice:

Samtemdo8:

Kenbo Slice:

Hiiissssssssssssssss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4COfl8DMB8&list=PLBE3046B6330DCAD4

Be Prepared - a.k.a. MAGA - a.k.a. "Make Africa Great Again." (or the Pridelands I guess).

I mean, say what you will about Scar, but at least he rescinded Mufasa's policies of apartheid, keeping the hyenas out of the Pridelands and all that. Course he sucked at the land management, but still, win some, you lose some. Obviously Simba took note of his open borders policies when he let Scar's pride back in.

Also, if Can You Feel the Love Tonight is used with photo-realistic lions...um, good luck with that.

Hawki:

Also, if Can You Feel the Love Tonight is used with photo-realistic lions...um, good luck with that.

Yeah that's gonna look awkward as fuck :D

Please understand. Disney is a family oriented company.
They can't have a song that even vaguely evokes nazi imagery in one of their movies.

Squilookle:
I know I only just mentioned TaleSpin but...

Can't they give these Disney CGI remakes a rest, take the characters from Jungle Book, and give us a TaleSpin movie? At least that'd be something they haven't already done before.

No one under 25 remembers tailspin

Lufia Erim:

Squilookle:
I know I only just mentioned TaleSpin but...

Can't they give these Disney CGI remakes a rest, take the characters from Jungle Book, and give us a TaleSpin movie? At least that'd be something they haven't already done before.

No one under 25 remembers tailspin

And you're telling me they remembered The Jungle Book from 1967? Or knew who Malificent was from that movie way back in... 1959? Or were there when Dumbo debuted in 1941?

Who cares who remembers what? If it's a good show it's worth putting on the big screen. You think anyone who walked into theaters in 1981 to see Raiders of the Lost Ark knew what the hell a pulp film serial was, much less had actually seen one from the 30's?

Even more importantly- do you think the box office gave a damn if they had or not?

Johnny Novgorod:
To recap: it's not live-action if everything's CG, shot-by-shot remakes are pointless, and the whole thing has such an identity void it can't reimagine anything or develop its own personality. Darth Vader as Mufasa and shot-by-shot rehash it is.

It's not going to be a shot for shot remake, the teaser probably did it to play on people's nostalgia and also give an easy avenue for comparison.

And if you go by the Beauty and the Beast live-action adaptation, they're also going to address "plot holes" and "fan theories" that have grown in popularity on the internet with over the years such as the age of the Beast when he's cursed, whether or not Belle has Stockholm syndrome, or why the servants got cursed along with the Beast if only the Beast was a dick to the witch. They added a whole song for the Beast where he sings about how he KNOWS Belle loves him when he lets her go, when in the original movie she doesn't really have to come back and is only returns due to the angry mob.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here