So Aquaman....its everything I expected it would be.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

undeadsuitor:

Something Amyss:
Oh, praise Beebo it's not up its own ass.

Okay but can we talk about legends of meow meow and how perfect it was

Sorry to uote a month old post, been away with health problems. But more importantly, that was an utterly epic episode. So much so that I watched it three times before it dawned on me that it was essentially "here I Go Again" redone.

With heart and fabric.

Samtemdo8:
Seriously though, if we all want the true DC universe in film.

True Scotsman fallacy: now in comics!

Part of the problem is that DC is a large jumble of concepts and properties and versions. Sometimes Batman is a campy crusader. Sometmes he kidnaps orphans and abuses them. Sometimes Aquaman is silly and fun. other times, he's a badass sub-maniner with a hook hand. The real DC is kind of a jumbled mess.

A real good DC? That's also debatable.

I wish Alex Ross was working on the movies.

I really don't. I wish we had some new ideas that aren't "what if Batman and Superman were unlikable assholes and we smashed them together like action figures" or "what if we took the guy who did the Avengers and give everyone MCU Dad joke lines?"

I've read most of those comics. I'd rather see something new. And I think the general audience would probably not have the level of affection you do.

I think the general public wold sooner get behind Miller's All-Star Batman.

Something Amyss:

undeadsuitor:

Something Amyss:
Oh, praise Beebo it's not up its own ass.

Okay but can we talk about legends of meow meow and how perfect it was

Sorry to uote a month old post, been away with health problems. But more importantly, that was an utterly epic episode. So much so that I watched it three times before it dawned on me that it was essentially "here I Go Again" redone.

With heart and fabric.

Samtemdo8:
Seriously though, if we all want the true DC universe in film.

True Scotsman fallacy: now in comics!

Part of the problem is that DC is a large jumble of concepts and properties and versions. Sometimes Batman is a campy crusader. Sometmes he kidnaps orphans and abuses them. Sometimes Aquaman is silly and fun. other times, he's a badass sub-maniner with a hook hand. The real DC is kind of a jumbled mess.

A real good DC? That's also debatable.

I wish Alex Ross was working on the movies.

I really don't. I wish we had some new ideas that aren't "what if Batman and Superman were unlikable assholes and we smashed them together like action figures" or "what if we took the guy who did the Avengers and give everyone MCU Dad joke lines?"

I've read most of those comics. I'd rather see something new. And I think the general audience would probably not have the level of affection you do.

I think the general public wold sooner get behind Miller's All-Star Batman.

What's wrong with Alex Ross?

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or