My Google Chrome on my Desktop PC is slow and its not the internet being slow.

I am posting this thread from a laptop PC and the Google Chrome on this laptop is working fine, so here's the rub:

The Google Chrome program on my Desktop PC is acting slow, and its not because the internet is being slow with it because connected my internet on this laptop and its working fine as is.

I also noticed that its google chrome and google chrome alone on my Desktop PC because I have Mozilla Firefox installed on my PC (an older version) and its working relatively fine and fast, so its only Google Chrome that's slow.

I tried simply restarting my whole computer and its still slow. I tried clear browser cache and cookies from the last 24 hours and its still slow.

So I am at a crossroads where I have to either simply just wait it out to see if this whole thing resolves by itself, and things like that happened before, a program in the background most likely that is making Google Chrome slow. Or uninstall the whole thing and download a clean, new version of Google Chrome. But I lose all my bookmarks and cache data in the process.

So I am just here hoping anyone can give me any advice. Me I am gonna wait for my brother to contact me since he's more into to this kind of software stuff better then me.

For any further info I am using a Windows 7 Desktop.

run a virus scan.

residentout1:
run a virus scan.

I use Avira.

Ran it on the Google Chrome folder itself, no detections.

Ran a scan on everything on this computer, no detections.

But I just uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome and its still slow. Then again I only did a soft uninstall. I didn't clear every single google data ever from this.

If you're worried about losing your bookmarks, just export them, then re-download a fresh install. you could try defraging your hdd too, not sure if that would help or not, but it could be worth a shot

Samos205:
If you're worried about losing your bookmarks, just export them, then re-download a fresh install. you could try defraging your hdd too, not sure if that would help or not, but it could be worth a shot

Welp, I done it, I dedcided to just uninstall and reinstall by deleting EVERYTHING related to google from my PC like even getting rid of it from the AppData and then restarting the computer.

So far its working fine right now.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here