HBO Trailer shows teaser scenes for Game of Thrones Season 8, Watchmen, and more. (Some spoilers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L40CBXVqphk&t

My thoughts on Watchmen: Yep, I hate it. Damon Lindelof is gonna do his own thing. This does not look like Watchmen, this is Lindelof's fanfiction of Watchmen. Why is Ozymandias old. Who are those Yellow masked Body Guards, the guy in the Cowboy hat, and the guy in the Silvermask.

The Mystery Box is now in full swing here. Goddamn it HBO you had one job to do and fucked it up already. I don't care if its only a Teaser, at this point even teasers can show enough already of what they are going for.

My thoughts on Game of Thrones: Hmmmm Sansa seems VERY okay with Dany being around and if she knows, being Jon's lover and all. Especially after the first reaction is that a Targaryan cannot be trusted because they burned their grandfather to ash. If Arya doesn't immedietly stares daggers at Dany and walks up to her and says "I don't trust you" then something fishy is going on here with the Stark children.

As to what else they showed in the trailer, the other things of interest to me is the fact they are making a series or movie about the Chernobyl Disaster and Catherine the Great. So HBO hasn't given up on historical movies/series. Now if only they bring back Rome or make that WW2 movie about fighter planes that Tom Hanks proposed.

No response? I am dissapointed. I was hoping to have a discussion.

Samtemdo8:

My thoughts on Game of Thrones: Hmmmm Sansa seems VERY okay with Dany being around and if she knows, being Jon's lover and all. Especially after the first reaction is that a Targaryan cannot be trusted because they burned their grandfather to ash. If Arya doesn't immedietly stares daggers at Dany and walks up to her and says "I don't trust you" then something fishy is going on here with the Stark children.

As I believe I've made clear in previous threads on GoT, I've got no hope of D&D bringing GoT to a satisfying conclusion. The last three seasons of the show have dropped so rapidly and precipitously in writing quality that it is almost a joke at this point. I'll watch it, if only because I've watched the entire show up until this point and mostly want to see how badly D&D screw up the ending.

I'll publicly recant my words on this very forum if the final season of GoT isn't a shit show of poorly developed plot lines, inconsistent characterization for the sake of drama (remember that silly Arya/Sansa feud in the last season?), plodding front half and utterly rushed back half of the season, utter disregard for consistency, logistics or travel times and a relation to the source material that can best be described as conflicted and spiteful.

Samtemdo8:

A clip of a few seconds doesn't leave much to discuss I'm afraid.

Um...something about winter having come, and Sansa giving Dany the cold shoulder, but she and Jon finding time to get warm?

Gethsemani:

Samtemdo8:

As I believe I've made clear in previous threads on GoT, I've got no hope of D&D bringing GoT to a satisfying conclusion. The last three seasons of the show have dropped so rapidly and precipitously in writing quality that it is almost a joke at this point. I'll watch it, if only because I've watched the entire show up until this point and mostly want to see how badly D&D screw up the ending.

I'll publicly recant my words on this very forum if the final season of GoT isn't a shit show of poorly developed plot lines, inconsistent characterization for the sake of drama (remember that silly Arya/Sansa feud in the last season?), plodding front half and utterly rushed back half of the season, utter disregard for consistency, logistics or travel times and a relation to the source material that can best be described as conflicted and spiteful.

I have been calling it that this series will have a controversial ending on the level of Mass Effect 3.

As in it was not the satisfying ending people wanted, instead we got a completely dissapointing and asinine ending.

Not that we had 3 ending choices even though marketing said otherwise.

Hawki:

Samtemdo8:

A clip of a few seconds doesn't leave much to discuss I'm afraid.

Um...something about winter having come, and Sansa giving Dany the cold shoulder, but she and Jon finding time to get warm?

But of what you did see? Any comment?

That Watchmen show could be good. It probably won't be. But I'm willing to give it a chance. The original Watchmen, as a story, is a bit dated. I really loved the movie, but that's mostly because I like Zack Snyder, the story itself... well, it holds up but mostly as a piece of Cold War paranoia that seems a bit hokey today. Let's see if that show can adapt it to modern times.

I'm looking forward to GoT season 8, in a masochistic sort of way. Mostly just to see if and how anything can still be salvaged, or if it ends up the opposite, how much further down the drain it can go.

As for Watchmen, that might work out, or it might not. I have no stong feelings one way or the other

I don't find myself caring for any of these shows. Plus, I don't have HBO. I watched the Watchmen movie. I thought it was alright, but not for me. I gave my copy to two strangers who were huge comic book movie fans. The store I went to weren't accepting copies (apparently they had "too many"), so I gave it to the strangers just outside the door.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here