Ok so what is the actual plot and the stakes in One Piece? SPOILERS ABOUND

Pages PREV 1 2

Samtemdo8:
So I am watching One Piece again. I am actually watching from Episode 1 now, while at the same time watching the current anime arc.

So Luffy in the Anime is now in the land of Wano.

So at this point where are we right now in the story?

Luffy apparently is now the 5th Yonko. And he kinda/sorta beat Big Mom?

Probably nearing the 70-80% mark. I recall Oda saying that he was at the half-way point a few years back. Granted... that might also mean we've just breached 60% going by his speed.

Elfgore:

Samtemdo8:
So I am watching One Piece again. I am actually watching from Episode 1 now, while at the same time watching the current anime arc.

Probably nearing the 70-80% mark. I recall Oda saying that he was at the half-way point a few years back. Granted... that might also mean we've just breached 60% going by his speed.

I think by the end of Wano and Luffy beats Kaido, we might be close to whatever endgame this is heading to.

Luffy would have bested both Kaido and Big Mom by now. So all that is left of the Yonkos is Blackbeard and....Shanks.

Samtemdo8:

Elfgore:

Samtemdo8:

I think by the end of Wano and Luffy beats Kaido, we might be close to whatever endgame this is heading to.

Luffy would have bested both Kaido and Big Mom by now. So all that is left of the Yonkos is Blackbeard and....Shanks.

Personal guess, Luffy will never fight Shanks. Kidd is going to kill him. It'll be all dramatic, with Luffy running up to hug Shanks, then Kidd will ambush him from behind and kill him with a gun or something. I think the drama and Luffy's response beat out how observation haki works. Just my guess though.

madwarper:
If I wanted to watch a show with pirates, navy, weird powers and some mysterious treasure, I'd watch Outlaw Star again.

Best answer in this thread!

CoCage:

madwarper:
If I wanted to watch a show with pirates, navy, weird powers and some mysterious treasure, I'd watch Outlaw Star again.

Was Outlaw Star a ripoff of Firefly, or the opposite?

Samtemdo8:

To say that Luffy bested Big Mom is like saying that he toppled the Marines at Enies Lobby. While the Straw Hats performed far better than anyone ever expected of them, they only 'beat' their opponents in the sense that they accomplished their objective (getting Robin and Sanji back, respectively) and escaped with their lives in the face of a foe that everyone expected to utterly crush them. Indeed, the final act of both arcs involves them running away from the overwhelming might of the respective antagonistic forces. It's less that they beat these opponents than it is that "they stood up to them and lived to tell the tale".

Asita:

Samtemdo8:

To say that Luffy bested Big Mom is like saying that he toppled the Marines at Enies Lobby. While the Straw Hats performed far better than anyone ever expected of them, they only 'beat' their opponents in the sense that they accomplished their objective (getting Robin and Sanji back, respectively) and escaped with their lives in the face of a foe that everyone expected to utterly crush them. Indeed, the final act of both arcs involves them running away from the overwhelming might of the respective antagonistic forces. It's less that they beat these opponents than it is that "they stood up to them and lived to tell the tale".

I still wonder if Luffy will only get stronger as the series progress.

Like is he gonna be the Pirate God Emperor of the Seas by the end of this?

Samtemdo8:

CoCage:

madwarper:

Outlaw Star came out in 1998. Firefly came out in 2002. Do the math.

CoCage:

Samtemdo8:

CoCage:

Outlaw Star + 1998 = Firefly totally fucking ripped off Outlaw Star.

Samtemdo8:

CoCage:

Samtemdo8:

Outlaw Star + 1998 = Firefly totally fucking ripped off Outlaw Star.

When you compare the plot, characters, and settings (though Firefly's is a bit more "gritty") there are too many similarities for them to be coincidences.

The video will start at the 6:07 mark to get to my point.

Just who the hell is this guy?

One Piece is like a warehouse of mystery boxes.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here