Why can't I comment using my Forums login?

Am I missing something? I was going to comment on an article but I can't use this site's login to do so and am being obliged to let Disqus access access to my Twitter to do so.

I think this is a bit much tbh.

Yuk

The forums are not converted over to V2. So for now, they're using Discord so you would have to either get a Discord name or wait and hope they get the user stuff up and running eventually.

Escapist Magazine Volume Two uses Disqus for article comments. The custom CMS used in v1 (website and forums) is no longer used for v2.

We will be upgrading to v2 forums in the future and these forums will no longer be usable.

Kyle Gaddo:

We will be upgrading to v2 forums in the future and these forums will no longer be usable.

So, all of the posts are going to be deleted?

Marik2:

Kyle Gaddo:

So, all of the posts are going to be deleted?

I think from what Russ stated prior was that they were trying maintain the content, and that was why this would take some time to do. Other sites that have kept their content while upgrading did so by either 1) archiving it 2) converted it to the new platform, which is more time consuming and difficult. Usually that is only done back to a certain date and archive the rest, which I think would be a great solution if they are able to do so. They don't have to delete the content if they move it over or archive it, you just would be able to link it but not add to it if archived, it would not necessarily cease to exist.

yukshee:
Am I missing something? I was going to comment on an article but I can't use this site's login to do so and am being obliged to let Disqus access access to my Twitter to do so.

Yuk

Yea, I* have been frustrated with that as well, and that they are not updating the news and features sub forums here, but I guess that is just growing pains from the site upgrading and things will hopefully smooth out once they get the new forums in place.

yukshee:

Yuk

You are aware that you can also just create a Disqus account without logging in with Facebook, Twitter or Gmail?

https://disqus.com/profile/signup/

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here