Valentine's Lament

Pages PREV 1 2

saint of m:
It begs to be asked why the holiday that revolves around amorous love and affection is associated with a guy that was beaten, stoned, than beheaded?

It's a metaphor for marriage.

Valentine's Day is the anniversary of Australia going to decimal currency in 1966.

I'm glad I don't have to muck about with pounds, shilling and pence, so there's that.

ObsidianJones:

RaikuFA:
I have no qualms with being lonely on this day, it?s all the bad shit that happens to me on this day. V-Day is my Friday the 13th. One year I got food poisoning, another I got beaten so badly I had to see a doctor about my injuries and got detention(and coming back I got nothing in my box like Ralph Wiggum since this was 5th grade). My dog from my childhood died another vday. A girl I was dating cheated on me on that day, and last year my dad tried to kill himself(mind you this was the first vday with my current girlfriend so I spent it crying in her arms).

Fuck this day but for different reasons.

I'll join on this bandwagon. My dad's stroke was on Valentine's Day, 2006. Has never been the same since.

Same one where my dog died. At least she was 12 when it happened. Docs said she she shouldn't have lived past 10.

RaikuFA:
Same one where my dog died. At least she was 12 when it happened. Docs said she she shouldn?t have lived past 10.

That hits me. I'm looking forward to my first Dog when I move to Canada. I know it's in the past, but my sincere condolences.

ObsidianJones:

RaikuFA:
Same one where my dog died. At least she was 12 when it happened. Docs said she she shouldn?t have lived past 10.

That hits me. I'm looking forward to my first Dog when I move to Canada. I know it's in the past, but my sincere condolences.

You're gonna love it. They're the best. All they ask for is your love(and whatever food you're eating).

RaikuFA:

ObsidianJones:

RaikuFA:

You?re gonna love it. They?re the best. All they ask for is your love(and whatever food you?re eating).

I can second this whole-heartedly. I had to put my dog down after 12 years a couple years ago, and not a day has gone by since that I don't think of her and my heart gets heavy. She was the absolute BEST friend I've ever had; she carried me through the darkest times of my life, and all she had to do was jump in my lap, wag her tail or beg me to play. No matter how heavily the struggles of adult life weighed on me, she was always just happy to see me. When the world tries to kick your ass and make you question your worth, nothing feels better than a dog's unconditional love. I don't get how anyone DOESN'T love dogs (fuck, I'm tearing up thinking about her now.) Bill Burr said it best:

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here