A movie about the life of J.R.R.Tolkien!?

Its real, Trailer and all:

And by the trailer this looks pretty good. I am aware that Tolkien's own life and biography is quite the story in of itself. Has a Romeo and Juliet esque romance with his future wife, had a transformative experiance in World War 1, and how all of these would effect his writing and world building of Middle Earth.

It seems to be more and more of a trend to make biopics about famous authors. Just glad it isn't another one about Christopher Robin

Palindromemordnilap:
It seems to be more and more of a trend to make biopics about famous authors. Just glad it isn't another one about Christopher Robin

Yeah, Shakespeare got a movie recently and its about the end of his writing career and his twilight years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt4K5-5_N1s&t

Samtemdo8:

Palindromemordnilap:

Yeah, Shakespeare got a movie recently and its about the end of his writing career and his twilight years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt4K5-5_N1s&t

Of course it's Kenneth Branagh. Think I might stick with Upstart Crow for my Shakespeare fix

Hope C.S. Lewis shows up as the jealous wannabe that he was.

I'd kind of rather W.E.Johns to be honest. Then we'd get WW1 combat, capture AND a POW escape in the one movie

Squilookle:
I'd kind of rather W.E.Johns to be honest. Then we'd get WW1 combat, capture AND a POW escape in the one movie

I could have sworn I remember reading that Tolkien was never at No Man's Land. I know a lot of his friends died there. And that Tolkien never once seen combat.

Legends of Tomorrow already told us the real story.

Shame Christopher Lee died. He could have played Tolkein then there could be a scene where he meets young Christopher Lee at the pub.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here