YO, EMBEDDED VIDEOS ARE WORKING AGAIN!!!

Did this just got fixed today?!

O:

Anyone know what changed?

Chimpzy:

Russ isn't the editor anymore?

Chimpzy:

Someone finally looked into the forum's source code and changed "http://www.youtube.com/embed/" to "https://www.youtube.com/embed/" in the BB code section.

The embeds were initially broken because the site is served over the more secure HTTPS protocol, but YouTube videos were still being embedded over HTTP, making browsers block this embedded content because it's deemed unsafe.

Man "Hamster" Steve is amazing!

Samtemdo8:

Did this just got fixed today?!

It was never a problem for me, but it's good that other people can now see it.

Johnny Novgorod:

Chimpzy:

Russ isn't the editor anymore?

lol

It was working back on the 15th when I embedded a video for the hell of it (then added the url underneath because I wasn't expecting it to work), so at the very least it was operational then. Not sure how much earlier than that it was working though.

Now they just have to disallow auto-roll and it will be back to a fully working state.

Kyrian007:
Now they just have to disallow auto-roll and it will be back to a fully working state.

You mean autoplay? Isn't there already a rule against that?

Or is that just an unspoken agreement between us since the Wild West autoplay spam debacle?

Chimpzy:

Kyrian007:

You mean autoplay? Isn't there already a rule against that?

Or is that just an unspoken agreement between us since the Wild West autoplay spam debacle?

It's a bit of an unspoken rule or I think someone said that only the OP can do that.

And just like that, the autoplay scourge is upon us again.

Well it was nice while it lasted, at least.

Welp! Gotta edit all my posts with Youtube links and embed them properly.

No Embedded Videos have returned thread could be complete without Leonard Nimoy singing the Ballad of Bilbo Baggins:

Lil devils x:
No Embedded Videos have returned thread could be complete without Leonard Nimoy singing the Ballad of Bilbo Baggins:

The fact that this whole happened in the first place was rather, highly illogical:

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here