Who's watching Doom Patrol

I'm on episode 2 and I am loving it, it feels like a love letter to old school pulp superhero stories who aren't afraid to be more out there when it comes to creativity with a TV-MA rating.

The trailer looked hella dope but I just can't argue with myself to subscribe to another streaming service. Maybe if they put it on something else, or ya know...like maybe someone dark and dingy I can find it.

I'd want to watch it if it was on something other than DC's streaming service, which I refuse to pay for.

Hopefully that service dies so everything on it gets dumped on Hulu, Netflix, or Amazon at some point.

I didn't like the Doom Patrol when they were on the Brave and the Bold cartoon since they came across as selfish, nhilistic and unpleasant. I can't see myself enjoying them at a level where they can really go to town with those same notions.

If you're liking it though, I hope it remains consistently so for you.

Yeah, this is the second comment in a row about the streaming service thing. DC doesn't have enough on there to make me want to subscribe. I mean, it's got some stuff, but I have Batman TAS DVDs already, and they've only made a couple movies I care about.

The promo looked decent, though.

I'm 2 episodes in and loving it so far.

Being someone familiar with Doom Patrol I'm wondering if they're going to go for that one famous plot point that happened near the end of the first series.

I'm really digging Doom Patrol so far. Brendan Fraser and Alan Tudyk, you can't go wrong.

tf2godz:
Being someone familiar with Doom Patrol I'm wondering if they're going to go for that one famous plot point that happened near the end of the first series.

I honestly don't doubt they would go that direction.

Wait, is this really a thing? I need to check it out! I'm pretty hype. Now if only Young Justice could officially spin off into "Doom Patrol Go!"

Took advantage of the 7 day trial thing and lets say

Doom Patrol is pretty fucking great. I feel like Cyborg's inclusion is unneeded but he's not completely awful.

Young Justice is pretty great.

The DC site is probably one of the worst streaming sites out there. No quality settings. Only buffers maybe 30 seconds in advance on a low stream rate that means I have to wait about a minute for it to buffer for every 45 seconds watched. its balls.

Doom Patrol has been so enjoyable so far. Hopefully Titans can improve.

So the current episode has a Nazi making a puppet show of his life story, this is better than Daredevil.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here