Poll: Based on this pic, are you Gen X, Millennial, or Zoomer?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I'm a based Zoomer (born 1998).

Mostly Core Millennial but with a dash of both Early and Late

Right on the border between core and late millennial. Also, Zoomer will never not be an idiotic term and I wish people would stop forcing it.

Late zoomer

Probably late millennial, with a splash of core. I wasn't exposed to much international media in my formative years.

Zoomer? Who the hell makes up these terms and why are they even important?

Late Gen X/Early Gen Y, though with some Early Gen X (Scooby Doo was shown for many many years in the UK)

TrulyBritish:

I'm guessing it's the Gen-Z version of Boomer.

86 baby, Milenial

Core Millennial, but I was the youngest in my family so my siblings were early/GenY, so pop-culturally I'm a mutt

Late Gen X here; get off my lawn.

Between Late Gen X and Gen Y here. (Man this pic makes me feel nostalgic...)

Also what do you think will happen when we run out of Gen names?

CrazyGirl17:
Between Late Gen X and Gen Y here. (Man this pic makes me feel nostalgic...)

Also what do you think will happen when we run out of Gen names?

Baffle2:
Late Gen X/Early Gen Y, though with some Early Gen X (Scooby Doo was shown for many many years in the UK)

So, uh, are you guys scared to say the more popular M-word? Lol

What happens after gen Z? Is the world going to end like it did when the Mayan calendar ran out?

TrulyBritish:

It's a forced meme from a few 4chan boards originally meant to be an ironic pisstake to annoy people who really invest in generational naming and deny being a millenial. I didn't know it had escaped 4chan. I'm guessing reddit propagated it but without the irony.

Also I'm late Gen X apparently.

Here Comes Tomorrow:

TrulyBritish:

It's a forced meme from a few 4chan boards originally meant to be an ironic pisstake to annoy people who really invest in generational naming and deny being a millenial. I didn't know it had escaped 4chan. I'm guessing reddit propagated it but without the irony.

Also I'm late Gen X apparently.

So you're like 40?

Early Gen Y.

Pic kind of assumes you're American tho. A lot of that stuff is in the wrong place if you aren't. For example, we got a lot of Gen X pop culture stuff much later, like late 80's to mid 90's. On the upside, we did get DBZ, Sailor Moon, Saint Seiya and a bunch of other anime/tokusatsu shows years earlier. Also, they were uncut and uncensored. Including friggin' Guyver. In the saturday morning programming. That scared the crap out of me as a kid.

I'm right on that second line. Played Pac-Man when it was new; had the Atari 2600 (and its atrocious Pac-Man port). And as a survivor of Pac-Man Fever, I will be immune if there is ever a second outbreak.

Early millennial.

Herking:

No, I used the word on the image you posted. Lol?

Can we get a link to an enlarged version? Half of that stuff I can't even see.

I'm early to mid Gen Y. Screw that millenial crap- that term popped up way later retroactively

Squilookle:

I'm early to mid Gen Y. Screw that millenial crap- that term popped up way later retroactively

Millennial was coined in a 1991 book and gen y was coined in a 1993 magazine

Baffle2:

Herking:

No, I used the word on the image you posted. Lol?

...what they said.

Herking:

Squilookle:

Millennial was coined in a 1991 book and gen y was coined in a 1993 magazine

1987, as it turns out. But it wasn't codified until around 2000, and not derogatorily until 2006.

Didn't we already have this thread? I swear we had this exact thread a year ago.

Yeah. Made by you... Even have the same people complaining the picture is for ants again. You could have made it bigger this time.

TrulyBritish:

I'd like to know this as well. Not sure what the point is really.

Drathnoxis:
Didn't we already have this thread? I swear we had this exact thread a year ago.

Yeah. Made by you...

Come to think of it- every post the guy has ever done is about comparing eras through single smorgasbord images.

Late Gen X; 1983.

Doesn't mean I wasn't on board with all the things that came afterward.

Brother and I are late GenX. I was born in 89 and he was in 84. In your face former Marine who was a classmate of mine!

Maybe I'm just a cynical ass, but does this whole post come across as some type of marketing info gathering ploy to anyone else?

1976, so early X.

CoCage:
Brother and I are late GenX. I was born in 89 and he was in 84. In your face former Marine who was a classmate of mine!

Smithnikov:
1976, so early X.

Both of you guys are completely misreading the pic lol. The culture popularity eras are different from the birth years; look closer.

Early Gen Z, and frankly 'Zoomer' makes no sense. 'Boomer' means born in the baby boom. It's uniquely used for one generation because of this. The fuck does 'Zoomer' even mean? Does my generation use zooming functions on cameras more often than others or something?

Zoomer just sounds like a generation of kids with ADHD.

Born 1976, so late Gen X.

On the border between core and late millennial (born in 92). I was very much into 1st Gen Pokemon which sits neatly on that line. The Finnish version of this would form around the 90s Moomin anime -- everyone has seen it, but it's a matter of when.

I was born early in 1992, but have the life experience of a core and late millinial.

And I feel that portion of the millinial generation is forgotten.

The Gen Z/Zoomer generation is the moment when I feel cartoons were dead to me.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here