Game of Thrones Final Season Discussion Thread. (SPOILERS ABOUND, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 NEXT

Saelune:

If your problem is just that people use violence and killing, even when against people who deserve it, maybe Game of Thrones is not for you?

I think you didn't get my point.

Gethsemani:

Saelune:

If your problem is just that people use violence and killing, even when against people who deserve it, maybe Game of Thrones is not for you?

I think you didn't get my point.

You suggested that killing the Khals, slavers and Walder Frey were wrong. They aren't.

Saelune:

You suggested that killing the Khals, slavers and Walder Frey were wrong. They aren't.

No, I suggested that the show had portrayed these things in a positive and empowering way, which means that the viewer is told through the cinematography that these are good things. To then turn around and go "But they were actually bad and look how evil Dany really is!" is shitty storytelling. I reserve the right to withhold any moral judgement on the fictional acts themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxrugucURAQ

Turns out the Simpsons predicted it years ago. 0_0

Abomination:

Johnny Novgorod:
I don't watch GoT but here's a selfie with Jamie Lannister that I'm using now because it's the last time anybody will care.

He managed to keep his gold hand hidden in that one at least.

Yeah I read about that, and the Starbucks cup. What the hell?

Gethsemani:
No, I suggested that the show had portrayed these things in a positive and empowering way, which means that the viewer is told through the cinematography that these are good things. To then turn around and go "But they were actually bad and look how evil Dany really is!" is shitty storytelling. I reserve the right to withhold any moral judgement on the fictional acts themselves.

To be fair, Arya missed one, but on the other hand Jaime called dibs on him. Sadly with Jaime dead, we'll never get to see the babypult. At this point, fuck it, just have the show's ending scene being Tyrion finishing his brothers business and launching the little bastard.

Does anyone else think its amusing we are supposed to see the people of Kings Landing as poor victims after they've been depicted as complete scum for 8 seasons?

Don't forget they threw poo on Joffrey, that's worth something. But, they threw poo on him because they were supposedly starving due to the war...but if they were starving, how did they make poo?

Hawki:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxrugucURAQ

Turns out the Simpsons predicted it years ago. 0_0

I'm still waiting for their prediction that donald trump will die in office.

Tyrion and Jon, left in total shock.

Loved watching Drogon obliterate things. I mean, it was horrific, but about how I always liked to think the dragons I had created behaved in my campaigns (tabletop), with that same level of ruthlessness and almost limitless power. Drogon breathed fire for hours... I would not be surprised if he is dead when we see him next, wore out like a hard-ridden horse. It would save me from seeing some stupid way in which he gets killed, but on the other hand, would save on CG costs.

Dany losing her mind was... well, it felt a bit... abrupt? The realization that she will never be loved by the people here, as it had been across the sea, and the loss of her closest confidant and friend to someone who killed her, and then that same party simply surrendered (in essence)... I would have needed to rage and vent, were I in her position, but I would have thought the battle up to that point would have been that release? I also still believe the bells tolling may have directly contributed to her losing her mind, but I can't recall- was the Mad King driven crazy? Oh well, maybe it was just synchronicity.

Euron, not to mention the entire armada of the Iron Fleet, suddenly being less than useless, when before he took out a dragon all on his own, was... disappointing.

I was expecting Jaime to get another shot at killing a Targaryen for some reason, but so be it.

Arya has bothered me since she became a super-ninja teen, but whatever. It felt like in the books she was becoming adept at killing but also irrevocably damaged, an aspect not really tackled in the show in favour of making her 'kick ass'. Her deciding to no longer want to kill Cersei was a bit of a surprise. A pale horse... not too subtle.

The fall of the Mountain and the Hound was pretty awesome.

Is it wrong to say that Episode 3 of this season is the best one so far?

Eacaraxe:

Don't forget they threw poo on Joffrey, that's worth something. But, they threw poo on him because they were supposedly starving due to the war...but if they were starving, how did they make poo?

Most people who starve will be eating something: it's just it's less than they need to sustain themselves rather than nothing at all.

Eacaraxe:

We should all write to GRRM and ask him where the poo came from.

The people demand to know!

evilthecat:

Eacaraxe:

We should all write to GRRM and ask him where the poo came from.

The people demand to know!

But where does it GO?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSYcmeoJiGQ

Hades:
Does anyone else think its amusing we are supposed to see the people of Kings Landing as poor victims after they've been depicted as complete scum for 8 seasons? They cheered at Ned's execution, they spat out Tyrion for saving them, knowingly enabled the Sparrows reign of terror, cheered on Cersei's victory even after she bombed them, and overall being a corrupt, dirty and riot prone sewage of a city. Even the children are rotten considering how easily they started aiding Cersei's wildfire plot.

No, not really. Uneducated peasants aren't really privy to the schemes going on within the nobility. The books did a really good job at depicting just how far and wide untrue rumors can spread in a middle age society when there's no real way to counter it. Generally speaking, the little guys are more concerned where their next meal is going to come from.

Adam Jensen:
[quote="Saelune" post="18.1056908.24301709"] And Cersei is a tougher cookie than the Night King.

NOPE!!!

bartholen:

Fuck Benioff and Weiss. I hope they never get to write anything ever again.

They are now gonna be writing for a new Star Wars Trilogy....with Rian Johnson.

Eacaraxe:

Shit isn't made directly from food, it's waste products from the body (gut bacteria, water, I think decayed red blood cells, and other stuff).

Baffle2:

Eacaraxe:

Shit isn't made directly from food, it's waste products from the body (gut bacteria, water, I think decayed red blood cells, and other stuff).

This is what Game of Thrones is reduced to now. To the point that we are now talking about the biological science behind Shit.

Samtemdo8:

This is what Game of Thrones is reduced to now. To the point that we are now talking about the biological science behind Shit.

It's a very science-heavy show isn't it? Didn't they show the chemical formula for wildfire in the credits for one of the episodes?

Certainly it's a civilization that must have discovered antidepressants, otherwise everyone on the planet would have given up years ago.

2 hours left till no more Game of Thrones after this.

I just want to say that despite its problems....I think Episode 3 was the best episode.

Hawki:

Samtemdo8:
2 hours left till no more Game of Thrones after this.

https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Game_of_Thrones_prequel_projects

https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Game_of_Thrones:_The_Long_Night

https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Empire_of_Ash

The Long Night is a dumb prequel.

Just make a movie or Mini Series about Robert's Rebellion.

While the Grand TurboflopFinale haven't aired yet, i'm gonna take this moment to crap on last episode one more time:

That's all, will be back once the initial reactions blow over.

MrCalavera:
While the Grand TurboflopFinale haven't aired yet, i'm gonna take this moment to crap on last episode one more time:

I like to believe that the Ghost of Aerys Targaryan told Dany to Burn the City to the Ground.

Showtime...

RIP Jaime and Cersei for real this time.

Samtemdo8:

MrCalavera:

I like to believe that the Ghost of Aerys Targaryan told Dany to Burn the City to the Ground.

I've heard when you listen closely you can hear the ghost of Robert Baratheon in that episode, saying "I KNEW I WAS RIGHT ABOUT THAT TARGARYEN CUNT! I TOLD YOU NED, I TOLD EVERYONE, BUT YOU DIDN'T LISTEN! ...GODS WAS I STRONG THEN".

Booooooo, the social democrat of Game of Thrones ends up being a murderer.

Well Jon fufilled one prophecy. He killed his Nissa-Nissa.

Now there is no Throne...

You had no chance to be King Edmure/Brutus.

I don't even like Dany that much, Jaime was my favorite. :(

So in the end....House Stark won the Game of Thrones.

In your face Lannister fanboys.

I was actually starting out a Tyrell Fanboy.

A great economy, good military, it was the America of Westeros.

Jon spoke everyone's minds.

There is still a Night's Watch?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook