So, the New Fifty Shades trailer...

Apparently it dropped a few days ago, and I'm a bit confused as to what's going on, and thought I'd ask the forum in case anyone here knows the franchise better and could fill me in.

Link.

I mean I have to hand it to them, they really nailed the "Fifty Shades" feel of the trailer. You really know you're watching one, right down to the lighting and coloring, flash cuts, and I think they even used the same music.

Is Ruby Rose supposed to be playing Christian's sister, or is she a new woman, or is this like an "anthology" movie where she's playing the "new" Christian? I get she broke into Christian's sex dungeon, and apparently he's a cosplay fetishist or whatever now, but I'm not getting the connection. Are they going after the kidnapping ring that tried to ransom Christian's sister in the last movie, or is this about Ana's creepy stalker ex-boss?

The only words that come to mind in response are blue, mashed potatoes, rhino, corkscrew, Zimbabwe and sycamore. I hope that helps!

I gonna continue pretending these Twilight fan fics don't exist.

Silentpony:
The only words that come to mind in response are blue, mashed potatoes, rhino, corkscrew, Zimbabwe and sycamore. I hope that helps!

Sorry, none of them are the agreed safe word.

...why did we need another one of these? I blame Twilight.

Edit: Hey wait a minute...

Lmao I was wondering why the dislikes were so bad until the last line in the trailer. And I have to admit, its hilarious HAHAHAHAHAHA

Why don't you just say "I hate the Batwoman trailer". I was genuinely interested in a new Shades of Grey movie to laugh at, you clickbaiting troll.

This abuse-pretending-to-be-consensual-kink series of movies is still going? Didn't the fad of these things die out, like, years ago? 0_o

Edit: OH GODDAMN I got taken for a ride. XD That'll show me not clicking on the link and just assuming the poster's not making a gag. It's batwoman, not 50 shades part whatever.

Shoulda known something was up.

Huh, ok, you're doing well at the "I bet nobody clicks the links" thing.

And...yeah, that looked bad. Were they worried that a lesbian superhero would annoy people, so they made everything else as painfully boring as possible to reassure raging fanboys or something?

I was never expecting to watch this, but I liked the Batwoman comics, hoping for something less cliched and dull.

That was epic. I'll watch anything with a superhero in it.

I think the thing people don't like is the 'the batsuit is perfect' 'it will be, when it fits a woman'
That's just a bad line. And the usual suspects are saying its sexist(which...kinda) and all SJW(which I don't see it)
Its just a dumb line.
It should have been 'The batman is the hero of the people.' 'Yes he was. Now its time a woman to take up the mantle.'

That way it gets across she respects the batman, appreciates what he's done, but now its time for ladytype to get the job.

I'm not too worried. Batwoman was in the last cw elseworlds crossover and was pretty excellent. Especially with her nolan-verse seriousness contrasting with the more optimistic Reeves flavored supergirl nicely.

I will say though, cw's female-focused "it's time to give a girl a chance" advertising is starting to feel a little irrelevant when 90% of the cast across it's shows being women already. What with the last season of supergirl introducing dreamer, legends of tomorrow turning Nora, and ava into main characters and introducing a girl named Mona, while already having zari and Charlie on the team. And the flash giving killer frost and iris larger roles, and introducing Nora Allen, flashes daughter from the future.

THEN you get into the female versions of male villains and characters (like for instance, apparent in the cw-verse, Victor freeze's wife is now the cold villain)

Like I love it, don't get me wrong. And the cw is sorta blazing this trail on its own sorta. But I'm just getting desensitized at this point.

Thaluikhain:
And...yeah, that looked bad. Were they worried that a lesbian superhero would annoy people, so they made everything else as painfully boring as possible to reassure raging fanboys or something?

All I'm interested in, is pointing and giggling at how identical it is to a Fifty Shades trailer. At first I thought it was a little hinky, then as soon as that chamber pop/R&B/whatever vocal kicked in I just could not stop laughing.

Silentpony:

It should have been 'The batman is the hero of the people.' 'Yes he was. Now its time a woman to take up the mantle.'

'Wear the pants' would be better than 'take up the mantle', though only if you mean pants in the British sense. I didn't have sound on when I watched the trailer, and I was looking at a different screen, so not really sure what happens in it.

Baffle2:

Silentpony:

'Wear the pants' would be better than 'take up the mantle', though only if you mean pants in the British sense. I didn't have sound on when I watched the trailer, and I was looking at a different screen, so not really sure what happens in it.

Wear the Trousers.

I'm sure we can all agree that would be the perfect final line in the Catwoman trailer.

CaitSeith:
Why don't you just say "I hate the Batwoman trailer". I was genuinely interested in a new Shades of Grey movie to laugh at, you clickbaiting troll.

Totally. There's a particular entertainment in watching the right kind of bad movie - things like Gigli or 50 Shades of Grey. Mind you, I don't need to laugh at how bad 50 Shades of Grey is multiple times by watching sequels.

Eacaraxe:

Thaluikhain:

All I'm interested in, is pointing and giggling at how identical it is to a Fifty Shades trailer. At first I thought it was a little hinky, then as soon as that chamber pop/R&B/whatever vocal kicked in I just could not stop laughing.

Fair enough

Honestly, if the Fifty Shades movies were about femdom and starring Ruby Rose I'd be all over them.

Thaluikhain:

I was never expecting to watch this, but I liked the Batwoman comics, hoping for something less cliched and dull.

This doesn't look like a trailer that was made with the goal of not pissing off fanboys in mind.

[youtube=

Agent_Z:

Thaluikhain:

This doesn't look like a trailer that was made with the goal of not pissing off fanboys in mind.

its not their fault fanboys are so easily triggered

Agema:
Totally. There's a particular entertainment in watching the right kind of bad movie - things like Gigli or 50 Shades of Grey. Mind you, I don't need to laugh at how bad 50 Shades of Grey is multiple times by watching sequels.

The funny thing is, the only humor to be found here (IMO) is in how bland, predictable, and stereotypical the trailers were. I actually have nothing but revulsion for Fifty Shades and its incredibly problematic depiction of...well, everything. As one of my friends said, Fifty Shades is a Lifetime original movie with affluenza.

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.