[Politics] Theresa May resigns as British PM.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

trunkage:

Windknight:

trunkage:
Farage keeps going on about immediately cutting ties and the EU will come begging to the UK for business. All this trying to do a deal before leaving is hurting the UK...

Which leads me to believe Farage has not much understanding of politics despite being an MP for two decades.

You know how the Big Short is about a bunch of guys who saw the 2008 financial crisis coming, and positioned themselves to make a load of money when it happened? Farage is those guys, only he's actively trying to make the crash happen..

He doesn't care if he's talking out of his own arse, so long as he can convince enough of the british people to slit their own throats to line his pockets.

One thing I'm not seeing talked about is that the EU is moving to ban offshore tax evasion, something Farage, Certain Tories and a lot of Tory donors would like to avoid... and will only be avoided with a No Deal Brexit.

So he's actually George Soros... only deliberately making it happen

Being a globalist is perfectly fine with the alt-right. You just can't be a (((globalist))).

Thaluikhain:

Abomination:
If corruption and essentially crippling the economy are NOT punished then people will continue to be corrupt and cripple the economy.

These were not cases of "Whoopsie Dasie", these were cases of "Hey, I know a real easy way to get elected on a shoddy platform and reap the benefits of that position temporarily".

Not saying I disagree with the sentiment (it's impractical, though), but that's the sort of attitude you keep condemning from Saelune.

I condemn people for their actions, not for their political associations. In this case elected officials lied to the public for their own gain. I would certainly want to see them go to trial and be convicted, but unfortunately that's not something the UK is willing to have on their books.

Abomination:

Thaluikhain:

Abomination:
If corruption and essentially crippling the economy are NOT punished then people will continue to be corrupt and cripple the economy.

These were not cases of "Whoopsie Dasie", these were cases of "Hey, I know a real easy way to get elected on a shoddy platform and reap the benefits of that position temporarily".

Not saying I disagree with the sentiment (it's impractical, though), but that's the sort of attitude you keep condemning from Saelune.

I condemn people for their actions, not for their political associations. In this case elected officials lied to the public for their own gain. I would certainly want to see them go to trial and be convicted, but unfortunately that's not something the UK is willing to have on their books.

That begs the question: have you looked into the actions of those whom Saelune keeps condemning?

CaitSeith:
That begs the question: have you looked into the actions of those whom Saelune keeps condemning?

Yes, actions that both parties are guilty of. The issue is that in the United States corruption is not only legal, but expected/required in order for any policy to be implemented. My mindset would see Republicans and Democrats both lined up and shot for gerrymandering and accepting of bribes--sorry, lobbying. There would probably be more Republicans with blindfolds than Democrats, but it'd be a purge all the same.

Saelune and I have differing opinions on what acts an official can take being more damaging to a nation and its people. I'm more of a barricade at the edge of the cliff, than an ambulance at the bottom like Saelune. I target all parties, Saelune is obsessed with only targeting Republicans.

This whole event is almost as bad as donalds presidency. Two dominant western countries are on life support.

Windknight:
You know how the Big Short is about a bunch of guys who saw the 2008 financial crisis coming, and positioned themselves to make a load of money when it happened? Farage is those guys, only he's actively trying to make the crash happen..

He doesn't care if he's talking out of his own arse, so long as he can convince enough of the british people to slit their own throats to line his pockets.

One thing I'm not seeing talked about is that the EU is moving to ban offshore tax evasion, something Farage, Certain Tories and a lot of Tory donors would like to avoid... and will only be avoided with a No Deal Brexit.

Yeah, that one never seemed to be a big talking point. I suppose if anyone political wants to make those sort of accusation they'd better have some pretty good proof with all our libel laws etc.

But really that's just the kind of shit I expect from our politicians, business types, etc Britain feels like it's built on dodgy accountancy these days.

she wasn't the worst tory. and that's as damning with faint praise as any praise can get, really. but she's still a lizard person. looking at the growing line of hungry replacements is like browsing a menu of "how would you like your healthcare, education and other public services hollowed out and sold to the highest bidder this time?" all come with the traditional starter "ignore corporate tax avoidance" and free refills on "sell arms to whoever's bombing civilians in the middle East the most brazenly" for good measure. oh and every option is essentially the same, which doesn't even matter cause they'll be choosing for you. democracy!

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here