[Politics] "FBI Admits Black Lives Matter Are Not Terrorists"

Pages PREV 1 2

Batou667:
The answer is surely to call for reform and greater oversight and accountability, not blood in the streets?

And - look, I have the ability to empathise, and I feel the frustration that exists - it's almost always a mistake to extrapolate the failings of a minority (even a large minority) onto the whole when the practices exist as an illicit undercurrent as opposed to an openly declared stance. And that's where I feel BLM differs notably from the various police departments across the USA. If institutional racism exists, that's a failing of the department to screen individual officers for their biases; by comparison, cop hate seems to be an openly espoused stance across BLM, indeed it seems to be a crucial part of their divisive rabble-rousing. Yes, American police seem alarmingly trigger-happy - but as Justine Damond would tell you (if she could), that's not unique to black victims of white cops.

BLM shoudln't ignore the issues you mentioned. But their leaders have been frankly reckless and inflammatory in their rhetoric. I mean, you tell me - have BLM's actions actually improved relations between black people and the police?

Here's the thing.

We've been trying that.

Since the beginning. When Blacks say they are arresting us for nothing, other cultures got together and laughed at the blacks. Police wouldn't just arrest and/or harass people for no reason was the prevailing thought. They said blacks were just lying to get out of trouble.

From Rodney King, Amadou Diallo, Oscar Grant, Orlando Barlow, Aaron Campbell, Freddie Grey, Walter Scott, John Crawford III, Philando Castile, Eric Garner, Tamir Rice, Alton Sterling, Charles Kinsey, Terence Crutcher, Jemel Roberson, Emantic Fitzgerald Bradford Jr., Stephon Clark, Jamar Clark, Sandra Bland, Steven Eugene Washington, The Danziger Bridge shootings, Jonathan Ferrell, Jordan Baker, Victor White III, Dontre Hamilton, Akai Gurley, Rumain Brisbon, Samuel DuBose, Gregory Gunn, Patrick Harmon, Gary Smith... You know what? The list is long. The sadder part still is that these are just the names that made the news. There is a long list of police over reaction to even murder, with the most they get is a slap on the wrist. The common answer is it was a tragedy or a mistake to learn from.

A life lost because of improper training is not a mistake people would accept for a child or any other person that was not black. And that's something that every Black Male has to wake up with in this country while being told to stop talking about it so much.

I can't even get into the number of people who are harassed for no reason, but situations like this are normal parts of people's lives.

Two people who work for Law Enforcement like Annie Dookhan and Sarah Farak can have the ability to harm the direct lives of 47,000-50,000 people, and indirectly hundreds of thousands more due to falsified evidence.

And these are just the people we know of.

When this is brought up, the public responds with "Well, what about Chicago?", "Do you realize how tough of a job it is to be a Police Officer", or "This? Don't you ever talk about anything else?"

The Police Responds with "Lulz, no one is going to convict us".

When we have any platforms of power or focus, we try to get people to listen. That was the whole thing about kneeling. It was just to make awareness of police brutality.

It's not palatable to Black People to feel so worthless that a football is more important than thinking about fellow citizens. But while we're being gunned down in the street, falsely arrested, or not being worth the effort it takes to arrest (and I've seen how cops act with combative white people)... Well, I'll just ask you. How many generations would you be able to deal with this before you lose faith in the system that everyone knows is unfair to you, but still asks you to adhere to it as it constantly fails you?

You asked me a question about if BLM's actions actually improved the relations between Black People and the Police. My answer to you is this. It's not BLM's duty to improve the relations with Black People and Police. That's solely on the police. You can't systematically abuse a group of people, call them liars, pick anyone to send in the prison industrial complex which is now the modern form of slavery and say to that Group... Hey, can't you be civil and make nice?

It's tantamount to asking a child who's been abused by their father to mend the bridges and understand their point of view... while the abuse still goes on.

I'm going to leave this off with a quote from a Mural that was put into the article about the Castile Case. If anything, I want everyone who has an issue with BLM to look over the list of injustice I forced myself to get through, understand how black men are treated like more than less target practices and justifications for more policing, and then answer this quote.

What do we tell our children when education didn?t matter? When compliance, age, or evidence didn?t matter? When guilt or innocence didn?t matter? When our outrage didn?t matter?

Batou667:

Lil devils x:

TBH there is nothing that BLM has been saying that the police have not said/done worse to people already.

Two wrongs don't make a right. We teach that to children, right? When did it stop applying?

The police, as a government body of law enforcement are the ones who have to make the change here for things to change overall. What do you expect people to do, just shut up and allow themselves and their loved ones to be abused and killed and be polite about it? The changes have to come from police first. They have not, so people are protesting until they do. The protesting and resistance should not stop until the changes are made or the police institutionalized abuse and murder will never stop. BLM is the reaction to the problem caused by the police's action and inaction to change it. The ball is in the police court right now, not the people. The people are being forced to do whatever it takes to make it stop at this point because all previous efforts were exhausted and ignored. It isn't like this is the first time they tried to stop it here, this has been going on for a very long time now and the people finally said they had enough and are not taking it anymore.

We are not talking about small changes needed here. We need major changes to be able to address the problem. We need entire departments fired, prosecuted and replaced. We need new training and stricter background checks so KKK members cannot hop from one department to the next. Police officers need to be held accountable to the same laws as everyone else and not just be given a free ticket to abuse and murder whoever they want to solve this long term. Police officers have to be held accountable for protecting bad police officers. There is so much work that needs to be done to correct this and the "blue wall of silence" is preventing it from happening. The protests will stop when they actually solve the problems.

Saelune:

Hell, I always forget, cause they never respond with proof, but MULTIPLE TIMES I demanded proof of BLM and Antifa violence and they NEVER (They being people like The Lunatic and Zontar) provided any, they just quietly let the topic drop.

I don't know if you remember, but there was a thread back on R&P about how Nazis in California attacked totally innocent peaceful counter protesters and then the police arrested a few of the counter protesters for being assaulted by the Nazis? It was several pages in with no one challenging the narrative of the evil Nazi-allied police arresting innocent peaceful protesters before I ended up linking video of the event the ones arrested were arrested for - Yvette Felarca (of By Any Means Necessary) assaulted a member of the Traditionalist Workers Party on camera, directly in front of police.

Or the news story about the off duty Marine who was asked if he was proud, then beaten by a group for not knowing WTF they were going on about (also lefty protesters, this time hunting for members of the Proud Boys), or any of a number of people assaulted for wearing a MAGA hat and otherwise just going about their business (that hit double digit number of incidents for the year back in April) - though the MAGA hat assaults tend not to be coordinated things.

Ah, hell let's try this again:

Marine asked if proud, then beaten: https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2018/12/18/im-mexican-marines-bewildered-after-being-called-nazis-beat-up-by-alleged-antifa-mob/

TWP member attacked at protest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqAv-kYTIsY

Silentpony:
And I'm not saying Antifa is a larger menace than the Klan or Neo Nazis. But I'm not going to give them a pass on their actions just 'cause we align on some issues. the Klan are terrorists, as are Neo Nais. As are Antifa. BLM is not from what I can tell. actually haven't heard much of them these last few years.

This, exactly this.

ObsidianJones:
It's not palatable to Black People to feel so worthless that a football is more important than thinking about fellow citizens. But while we're being gunned down in the street, falsely arrested, or not being worth the effort it takes to arrest (and I've seen how cops act with combative white people)... Well, I'll just ask you. How many generations would you be able to deal with this before you lose faith in the system that everyone knows is unfair to you, but still asks you to adhere to it as it constantly fails you?

Don't forget that if a black person manages to make it to the courthouse, they're way the fuck less likely to get favorable plea bargains, more likely to be convicted based on the same or similar evidence, are sentenced for longer for the same crimes (and same or similar mitigating/aggravating factors), and once in prison are more likely to be subject to disciplinary processes and less likely to be paroled based upon same or similar behavior.

Oh, and this little gem that was published last year. The TLDR being black men, despite having the highest recidivism rate of all demographics broken down by gender and ethnicity, are less at-risk by identified factors typically associated with recidivism, strongly implying racial bias in the criminal justice system opposed to individual risk factors are the driver for re-incarceration.

If one looks solely at identified individual risk factors, the highest-risk population is...white women.

But let's just take a step back and realize that to make these points, I have to un-ironically disclaim it by saying "if a black person manages to make it to the courthouse".

Eacaraxe:

ObsidianJones:

Don't forget that if a black person manages to make it to the courthouse, they're way the fuck less likely to get favorable plea bargains, more likely to be convicted based on the same or similar evidence, are sentenced for longer for the same crimes (and same or similar mitigating/aggravating factors), and once in prison are more likely to be subject to disciplinary processes and less likely to be paroled based upon same or similar behavior.

Oh, and this little gem that was published last year. The TLDR being black men, despite having the highest recidivism rate of all demographics broken down by gender and ethnicity, are less at-risk by identified factors typically associated with recidivism, strongly implying racial bias in the criminal justice system opposed to individual risk factors are the driver for re-incarceration.

If one looks solely at identified individual risk factors, the highest-risk population is...white women.

But let's just take a step back and realize that to make these points, I have to un-ironically disclaim it by saying "if a black person manages to make it to the courthouse".

To piggy back on that, here's the latest over reaction here

So, a man laid on the ground, handcuffed, jerked up and slammed to a police car. Had his leg swept and yelled into his ear "When I tell you to do something, you fucking do it"".

His partner went to the car of the man, had his gun drawn and told the occupants to leave. The man's pregnant wife and two daughters came out. The youngest still clinging to her mother, obviously blissfully unaware of what's happening. But the oldest looking around in terror.

What caused this?

Apparently the oldest daughter grabbed a 4 dollar doll and someone called 911.

For a 4 Dollar Doll, a man was roughed up and cuffed in front of his family, cops tried to take their children away from the wife, and I counted no less than 5 cars.

For a 4 dollar doll that is currently unclear that the adults even knew about.

Again, Batou, this is a question I'm asking strictly you. When faced with this kind of treatment, why is it on BLM to make tensions between the Black Population and the Police better? Why is it on the Black Population and these this complete farce in stride and in a manner that you deem acceptable? Why isn't the entirety of the US not shocked and outrage and joining together in how the police went full Gestapo on two people?

Schadrach:

Saelune:

Hell, I always forget, cause they never respond with proof, but MULTIPLE TIMES I demanded proof of BLM and Antifa violence and they NEVER (They being people like The Lunatic and Zontar) provided any, they just quietly let the topic drop.

I don't know if you remember, but there was a thread back on R&P about how Nazis in California attacked totally innocent peaceful counter protesters and then the police arrested a few of the counter protesters for being assaulted by the Nazis? It was several pages in with no one challenging the narrative of the evil Nazi-allied police arresting innocent peaceful protesters before I ended up linking video of the event the ones arrested were arrested for - Yvette Felarca (of By Any Means Necessary) assaulted a member of the Traditionalist Workers Party on camera, directly in front of police.

Or the news story about the off duty Marine who was asked if he was proud, then beaten by a group for not knowing WTF they were going on about (also lefty protesters, this time hunting for members of the Proud Boys), or any of a number of people assaulted for wearing a MAGA hat and otherwise just going about their business (that hit double digit number of incidents for the year back in April) - though the MAGA hat assaults tend not to be coordinated things.

Ah, hell let's try this again:

Marine asked if proud, then beaten: https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2018/12/18/im-mexican-marines-bewildered-after-being-called-nazis-beat-up-by-alleged-antifa-mob/

TWP member attacked at protest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqAv-kYTIsY

Silentpony:
And I'm not saying Antifa is a larger menace than the Klan or Neo Nazis. But I'm not going to give them a pass on their actions just 'cause we align on some issues. the Klan are terrorists, as are Neo Nais. As are Antifa. BLM is not from what I can tell. actually haven't heard much of them these last few years.

This, exactly this.

Check the first page.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook