Happy Father's Day, Everyone!

Hey, I get it.

We're annoying, we're loud, and we take up mindspace. You could have been do anything else in the world... but you chose to have us. To all the Escapist Dads and all those out there, Happy Father's Day.

Now go pretend you love the exact same tie we got you four years in a row.

Happy Fathers Day, everyone. My dad is partying to Prince right now.

Happy father's day everyone?

Everyone?

Squilookle:
Happy father's day everyone?

Everyone?

Yea. I'm offended.

Father's Day is in September, dude.

And now for the best part of Father's Day...

Agreed, it was a great day!

Our family has no truck with Father's Day - as far as they're concerned it's a superfluous, recently made-up tradition not worth the bother. And so as they raised me, so I am.

My mother's extremely particular about Mothering Sunday - I have strict instructions to never get a "Mother's Day" card. She believes you should under no circumstances celebrate your mother if she was shite, and you should be gifting your father or which other relative / guardian did the job of mothering you instead. Although thankfully she's not ultra-traditionalist, otherwise she'd be expecting me to visit the church I was baptised in (lol no chance). And I'm not really sure where "mothering" qualifies in a world of increasingly unspecific gender roles, but let's leave that one alone for now.

don't mind celebrating anyone's father if desired. but sure as shit ain't gonna celebrate my own

ObsidianJones:

Now go pretend you love the exact same tie we got you four years in a row.

LOL. Wife suggested I get a new BBQ grill. Then insisted upon which one I got. Then reminded me how I should appreciate the "gift"!

I cannot really complain. It's a good one that I likely did not need for another 3 years during which time I'll need a PS5 but, OK. And I'm spoiled. I'll get the PS5 anyway!

tippy2k2:
And now for the best part of Father's Day...

Oh dear. This may be the new theme song for my life.

happy daddy issues day

IceForce:

Not for some parts of the world its not. It was Sunday just gone for us Brits. Mother's Day tends to jump around a bit across the world as well

Dear Father - thank you for shooting straight all those years ago.

...which is what I'll say in September. :P

Marik2:
happy daddy issues day

What? I don't have issues, you have issues!

No, I'm not crying, why do you ask?

IceForce:

I'm taking my country Fathers Day (also in September) and this one. With all the literal shit I put up with, I deserve it

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here