Can we have a Mod roll call or something?

Pages PREV 1 2

Saelune:

Squilookle:

Saelune:
Cause ya know, if its never been done before, it should never be done ever, right?

This site is weird, that it survives still at all is not a usual thing either.

Its not wrong to want the site to be better.

I didn't say it's never been tried. I said it's not how a forum works. Emphasis on the word works.

I think you have a poor definition of the word 'works' if you think a site that is split in half and in shambles is what you consider one that 'works'.

Once again, I didn't say this forum. I said a forum. As in -any- forum.

Saelune:
I think an on-site method would be better. Might I suggest maybe a monthly check in or something? Something to update us on the forums of whats going on, how progress is going on whatever, and that you're still here. Too many people have ghosted us.

That's at least something I can get behind. We've had so many different groups of people go entirely silent on us, so a little bit of an update at least every now and then that's front and center to keep us posted wouldn't be half bad

Saelune:
I think an on-site method would be better. Might I suggest maybe a monthly check in or something? Something to update us on the forums of whats going on, how progress is going on whatever, and that you're still here. Too many people have ghosted us.

Sure, I can do that. I'll give you updates on the first of the month in the Announcements about what's up and you'll get other announcements about major events and such.

Kyle Gaddo:

Saelune:

Sure, I can do that. I'll give you updates on the first of the month in the Announcements about what's up and you'll get other announcements about major events and such.

Well, that will be appreciated, thank you.

Saelune:
It used to feel like mods were part of the community. The mods got involved with discussions often, and I liked that. Used to also be announcements and stuff when mods came and went, but not anymore. Plus who knows what mods are active/inactive but not formally removed from the system.

Mods stepping back or slowing down posting has always been a feature here, for as long as I've been here. It's just a reaction to both real-life precedence and the fact that time on the site switches from forum browsing and posting to being split between that and checking mod queues, making mod decisions, and talking stuff over to try and make the best decision. It's draining, and even mods with the best of intentions towards community involvement get tired.

Do get where you're coming from though - in both my stints I always tried to stay visible and involved on the forums but the stuff above combined with the fact that I never did have a prolific post history always resulted in even slower posting and I do regret that.

Kyle Gaddo:

Awesome move chief :D

Life's been busy for me the past few years so I am like an army reserve mod these days. I do try to pop my head in here from time to time to get the temperature of the forum and sometimes offer my two cents on topics that interests me. I wish I had more time to engage with the forums like I did in my college days.

OP is on another vacation?

Don't ban Saelune. I'll miss her when she's banned :/

Drathnoxis:
Don't ban Saelune. I'll miss her when she's banned :/

I want her to stick around for the 2020 election

Kyle Gaddo:

Saelune:

Looking forward to this.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or