How do you like your steak?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I'm partial to rare, myself. The rarer the better, the only steak which I've had which was too rare was a steak tartare in France, which is literally raw. It was okay to try, but I prefer my meat a little bit singed.

How about you?

Medium. However I eat steak so rarely I haven't developed a taste other than simply medium.

Medium rare. Though I try not to eat too much beef these days.

Medium. After being hospitalized for food poisoning from a fine dining restaurant, I am not taking any more chances with rare.

Rare medium mostly. Though to balance the unavoidable guilt of eat meats, I have to taze a loved one and throw them to the local ravenous lions. It keeps the conscience clear, but running low on loved ones now, so should probably be slowing down on the eat meats.

Medium. I rarely eat steak tho. Aside from the whole ecological footprint thing beef has, it's more expensive compared to most other meats. Also, my hometown is rather bereft of places that sell quality beef, so yeah.

Medium to medium rare. Also covered in Stilton. Not something I eat very often at all, os I'm not exactly a connoisseur.

So what do people here mean when they say they have steak "not often", "rarely" or "not too much"?

I have steak two to four times during a year. Because I'm cheap and lazy, and thus it's always cooked by somebody else; available in a buffet restaurant for example.

Medium to well, with Diane sauce if I can get it, pepper sauce if I can't.

Medium rare. Medium is fine, anything leaning rare is pushing it a bit

Over-cooked, myself. You don't get food poisoning from overcooked food, and my mum always overcooked things when I was growing up, leaving me suspicious of anything that's done normally.

I don't. I prefer ground meat or patties.

On the infrequent occasion I do have steak as opposed to any other choice on the menu, I prefer medium/medium-rare

Light side of medium. I do ribeyes 3 times a week on the George Forman. 3 min on that and nice pink center put some cajun seasoning on it.... Good stuff

My parents raised me with well done steak so thats what I do at home, but in a resturant to save time I usually go medium well if I order steak.

Well done. If it hasn't been through the fires of hell itself, it ain't done yet.

Ideally, I'd like to let the cow keep it.

With a big fat wobble of ketchup.

Medium. Medium rare/well, are fine too, not a huge fan of extremes in food.

McElroy:
So what do people here mean when they say they have steak "not often", "rarely" or "not too much"?

Once per couple of months. Cook it myself.

Thaluikhain:
Over-cooked, myself. You don't get food poisoning from overcooked food, and my mum always overcooked things when I was growing up, leaving me suspicious of anything that's done normally.

Isn't it better to just have a different type of meal at this point? Or do you actually like this kind of texture?

Leg End:
Well done. If it hasn't been through the fires of hell itself, it ain't done yet.

Was waiting for an excuse to post this:

Marinated, cubed & served on a kabob with grilled veggies.

I cannot bring myself to just serve up a slab of meat anymore. Before, I found it uncreative, now I find it vaguely gross. (Also you can totally feed 4 people with 1 steak that way).

Medium rare for me. I used eat well done (blood and raw flesh creeps me out,) but I took an ex to a nice steakhouse several years ago, and she made me try a bite of her medium rare steak; it was so good, I involuntarily made my "O" face.

Medium. "Blushing" on the inside but no spurting blood or texture of raw flesh between the teeth.

Anywhere between medium to well done.
This would be a GREAT time to have working polls.

MrCalavera:

Was waiting for an excuse to post this:

Glad I could be of use. I love Hank but I ain't taking shit from a man that uses propane instead of charcoal for grilling. Man is a heathen.

Medium rare, leaning on the more medium side of things. Also steak should come with a baked potato and/or grilled onions.
I ordered a rare steak once and what I got was basically blue rare. I got sick after eating that thinking "well, I might as well try." Big mistake. Never again.

Preference is for medium rare, but as I like to say "I'm fine with it so long as it isn't bleeding or charcoal".

It really depends on the cut. Though I never go above mid-rare, it's either that or rare. I like T-bone the best overall cause it's like two steaks in one.

Oh and if it's kobe wagyu, that one you can even eat raw like sashimi. It's actually amazing.

I generally order medium since I've had a medium rare end up being barely cooked before, and this was at one of those places that charges 50 bucks for a 12 oz. filet mignon.

None. Hate the taste

Blue center rare and still bleeding profusely.

Ideally bring it to the table still moo-ing, but if you have to bring fire near my food do so only briefly.

Stewed, it's the only way to get the texture right.

Medium well. Not a fan of undercooked meat.

Medium. Rare is too chewy and well-done is too tough.

Cremated.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or