SPORTS BALL!!!

Pages PREV 1 2 3

CheetoDust:
Never been a big sports guy. And I know many won't count it but it's an exciting time to be a pro wrestling fan with AEW presenting an actual challenge to WWE and a lot of their former talent tearing it up in the Indies. Even WWE's NXT brands are consistently fantastic.

Recently started training at a pro wrestling school which is awesome,kinda living out a dream.

I'm super psyched for you that you're living out your dream.

And I'm also psyched that this allows me to talk about something else I'm currently obsessed with that is Sports Tangiental.

Listening to Al Snow talk about anything.

I've been going through his playlist and I've been learning more about how human psychology actually performs in real life than any class I took in college.

Smithnikov:
I'm a janitor for a high school. In the South.

So football season is NOT a pleasant thing to realize.

I'm imaging your avatar to be you just before starting your work.

ObsidianJones:
I'm not the biggest into sports. But there are a few things I like.

Yet there's one thing I love.

I love Hakas.

I love Hakas. I Love Hakas. I Love HAKAS.

I simply can not express the Power and the Majesty I see in Hakas. I feel so privileged every time I see one. Hands down, there is little in my eyes that is such an unqiue expression of one's culture that humbles me every time I see one. Every time. When I learned Toronto had a Haka class, I was so excited but then I was afraid of being disrespectful for doing something of such importance for fun. I love being black, but if I had to be born again I would push everyone out of the line to be the first to be Maori. Some people fanboy and girl over Japanese and British. I am a complete Mark over the Maori culture.

Dude, the Hardcore History podcast once did some shows on the rise and fall of early Rome and one of the things that stuck out to me was during a battle between Roman's and invading northern "barbarians" where two tribes of people, one on the barbarians side and one on the Roman side are marching towards each other and the barbarians start chanting the name of their tribe (I think I remember the name being, phonetically, Am-brone-ayes )as their war cry and then the Roman people that were part of their own tribe start chanting back at them with the name of their tribe. And I'm just imagining what that would look like in a full scale Hollywood movie to see two groups of people chanting their warcries at each other as the come together and start fighting... man that would be so cool. So many great moments in history that need to be in movies.

I am amazed no one has posted this yet. I hated Tim and Eric, but this is the only gag I actually liked.

Specter Von Baren:

I'm imaging your avatar to be you just before starting your work.

I wish I was as collected and in control as Herbert West was.

No, this is me before going into work on home game nights.

quote="Smithnikov" post="18.1057312.24315650"]

CheetoDust:
Never been a big sports guy. And I know many won't count it but it's an exciting time to be a pro wrestling fan with AEW presenting an actual challenge to WWE and a lot of their former talent tearing it up in the Indies. Even WWE's NXT brands are consistently fantastic.

Recently started training at a pro wrestling school which is awesome,kinda living out a dream.

You're a brave soul. The business is rougher than usual to succeed in now. Any big names affiliated with your school?[/quote]Ha thanks. I'm already 29 years old and I'm only training, I don't need to be the next Diamond Dallas Page but if I get to actually wrestle matches somewhat regularly and take it from there I'll be happy. Finn Balor set up the school and Becky Lynch trained there.

tippy2k2:

CheetoDust:

Nice. Good luck!

I certainly consider wrastlers athletes. A quote that I have no idea where I heard comes to mind; just because it is scripted doesn't make it fake.

I watched the hell out of it in the 90s with The Attitude Era (D GENERATION X 4 LIFE!). I've tried a few times since then but everyone I knew is retired or are a shell of their former selves (evidently The Olympic Champion Kurt Angle just had hos retirement match but looked pretty awful as age catches us all).

Definitely don't watch Undertaker Vs Goldberg from earlier this year. Even I've only watched highlights there's points where it stops being sad and starts being genuinely scary.

Smithnikov:

tippy2k2:

CheetoDust:

Nice. Good luck!

I certainly consider wrastlers athletes. A quote that I have no idea where I heard comes to mind; just because it is scripted doesn't make it fake.

I watched the hell out of it in the 90s with The Attitude Era (D GENERATION X 4 LIFE!). I've tried a few times since then but everyone I knew is retired or are a shell of their former selves (evidently The Olympic Champion Kurt Angle just had hos retirement match but looked pretty awful as age catches us all).

For something "Fake", the business is absolute Hell on the body. Not just the bumps (that canvas is NOT a trampoline) but the insane schedules and travel the big feds put their talent through.

Haha my first day training bumps was rough. Took a bath the next day and actually struggled to stand back up

ObsidianJones:

CheetoDust:

I'm super psyched for you that you're living out your dream.

And I'm also psyched that this allows me to talk about something else I'm currently obsessed with that is Sports Tangiental.

Listening to Al Snow talk about anything.

I've been going through his playlist and I've been learning more about how human psychology actually performs in real life than any class I took in college.

His videos are amazing been binge watching them too over the last few weeks.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here