Do you ever go back & look at your old posts?

Pages PREV 1 2

I'm going to go on a flight soon, so I got nothing to do right now.

Hey, does anyone else feel a little weird when you're the last post in a thread? I'm like "Aww... I ruined it... :("

No, but I do occasionally remember old threads, then get the urge to look those up, but I suck at finding them so I usually give up.

ObsidianJones:
Hey, does anyone else feel a little weird when you're the last post in a thread? I'm like "Aww... I ruined it... :("

If thread dies on my comment, I feel like I got the last word and assume everyone involved in the conversation agreed with me so strongly, they felt there was nothing left to say.

Xprimentyl:

ObsidianJones:

If thread dies on my comment, I feel like I got the last word and assume everyone involved in the conversation agreed with me so strongly, they felt there was nothing left to say.

Narrator: they didn't.

CaitSeith:

Xprimentyl:

ObsidianJones:

Narrator: they didn't.

Is that piss in my Cheerios?? I guess some men DO just want to watch the world burn...

I used to do that a long time ago, but not these days. I had a habit of portraying my point of view as being more well informed than it typically was, and if I went back and combed my post history it would probably bug the shit out of me whenever I encountered those posts.

These days I just say what I mean, informed or not, and leave it at that. If someone challenges my perspective with an interesting point I will engage, but if they're clearly an idiot I just ignore them. Back in the day I would reply to everyone, even if doing so was a compete waste of time. I don't really want to go back and browse 1000 instances of me feeding trolls, lol.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here