Covers that are better than the original

Pages PREV 1 2

Ravinoff:
I'm rather partial to the Sabaton version of Twilight Of The Thunder God, though what I really like is the combination of the cover and the original Amon Amarth version. Their cover of All Guns Blazing is pretty solid too, but nothing and I mean nothing competes with the original. Painkiller is a goddamn masterpiece beginning to end.

And while it's not too different from the original Cactus version, Clutch nails it (as always) with Evil.

This one's just kind of hilarious to be honest, though I'm not sure if "better" is the exact word I'd use.

And finally, if we count random versions from Youtube, this one is excellent and I'm absolutely in love with her voice.

Sabaton's cover of Twilight of the Thunder God is better than Amon Amarth if only because I can understand the Sabaton version. All Guns Blazing was a pretty sick cover though.

Not to beat on Bowie, but...

Also honorable mention must (in all cover threads) go to Lzzy Hale because, well, she's Lzzy fucking Hale!

Never liked the original, was always bewildered by its prominence when any other song the same band did was better, so of course its shamelessly validating when the band admits to not liking it too. That's not to say there's nothing to salvage however;

Oh, another one. The REM version is just a liiiiittle bit too slow, turning it up to 125% speed works almost as well as this version though.

Gordon_4:

Sabaton's cover of Twilight of the Thunder God is better than Amon Amarth if only because I can understand the Sabaton version. All Guns Blazing was a pretty sick cover though.

Oh yeah, their version of All Guns Blazing isn't bad by any means. It's just the original is unmatched both because of Rob Halford's amazing vocals and the fact that Painkiller is one of the few albums I'd rate as 10/10. It's 51 minutes of the greatest face-melting, airguitaring speed/thrash metal ever recorded.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.