Mod Edit: New forums are live for beta testing! Link in OP (April 3, 2020)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

IceForce:

Nick Calandra:
the new forums are finally coming together and we we expect to launch them in the next two to three weeks.

Is coronavirus going to be delaying this at all? It seems to be delaying everything else...

No, it's actually helped to get this done quicker ironically because other things have been delayed. I wouldn't have posted about it if I didn't have a timeline for getting it live.

Neurotic Void Melody:
Ooh. A little anxious about change, but. A...clean history? A new life? A different name?? Without having to testify against the mafia??? I'll take it!

Really won't be much change. We're keeping the same structure from here, same mods, same rules etc, just a fresh coat of paint and modern software that doesn't suck on mobile. We're testing it now and it's buttery smooth.

It's still one of my auto opening tabs when I open Chrome, though I don't really use it even 1/4 as often as I open Chrome anyway. It's just kind of a tab that's there. I just don't have a whole lot to add to most discussions that either hasn't already been said, or is just more of my bland, sometimes pointlessly stupid additions.

Not really. I've moved on to Space Battles. Sometimes I see Zhukov there. Things actually happen there.

I've recently started posting more on Reddit, but I still come here pretty often. The discussions tend to be better here. Mostly, I just like the people who upload photos there, r/itookapicture and etc.

If there is something interesting, I'll barge in.

Nick Calandra:

Really won't be much change. We're keeping the same structure from here, same mods, same rules etc, just a fresh coat of paint and modern software that doesn't suck on mobile. We're testing it now and it's buttery smooth.

A piece of good news in these forsaken times.

Looking forward to escapist 2.0

Marik2:
Looking forward to escapist 2.0

+1

erttheking:
Not really. I?ve moved on to Space Battles. Sometimes I see Zhukov there. Things actually happen there.

Missed you man. If I'm not on here, than I am usually on the DMC forums or Easy Allies Forums (under different user names). I thought about Space Battles, but I lost interests. I might reconsider, just to talk to you. You've been okay?

Oh Im still poking my head in the forums ocassionally if anybody remembers me lol.

Nick Calandra:
Look for that update in the Site Announcements thread on the main forum page.

Thanks all,

Nick
Editor-in-Chief

Cheers dude, thanks for the heads up.

I'm in lock down! Of course I'd come by.

I'll try Gab thanks for the referral. There's Minds.com too.

http://politicalforum.com/index.php is pretty good for politics.

Hard to spend too much time here as notice that someone replied is not working here. Or works very sporadically.

As a heads up, we're on track to start testing the forums with legacy users this weekend!

I will follow-up with more details soon as we're ready to start letting people in.

Nick Calandra:
As a heads up, we're on track to start testing the forums with legacy users this weekend!

I will follow-up with more details soon as we're ready to start letting people in.

What do you mean? What forums? And what's a legacy user?

Silentpony:

Nick Calandra:

Sarcasm? It's literally in the thread title.

And the legacy thing is explained here.

IceForce:

Silentpony:

Nick Calandra:

Come on man, the mods edited the title after I posted. I wasn't be sarcastic, I legitimately had never heard of forum 2.0

Silentpony:

IceForce:

Silentpony:

Come on man, the mods edited the title after I posted. I wasn't be sarcastic, I legitimately had never heard of forum 2.0

Title was updated before you made your post today, but either way.

Yes TL;DR - V2 forums are finally about ready, we're gonna start letting people in from V1 (this forum) to test this weekend. Users from this version of the forums will receive a legacy "badge" it's just a title for now, but we'll make an actual badge once things are settled.

More details are in the post linked if you haven't read.

Nick Calandra:

You can't prove that. Revisionist history! This whole V2 forums thing has just been a long con to trick Silentpony!

Drathnoxis:

Nick Calandra:

You can't prove that. Revisionist history! This whole V2 forums thing has just been a long con to trick Silentpony!

Fun fact: The new forums (yep, mods have been testing it for a few days) puts "Edited" tags and timestamps on posts that have been edited. Kinda like how every other piece of forum software on the planet does, (not sure why this forum never did that tbh, would've come in handy on a number of occasions).

Little late to reply, but I represent the sleeping lurker group here. I still check the site and the forums once or twice per week, usually looking for interesting me discussions or videos. The only thing I regularly watch is Zero Punctuation and it was the reason I ended up on this site in the first place. I even was browsing this site for over a year before I created this account and I doubt I will ever stop visiting it unless it will literally disappear.

Haven't been here in a while, thought it was going to take 2 weeks for V2 forums but it seems it's been over a month.

Kaleion:
Haven't been here in a while, thought it was going to take 2 weeks for V2 forums but it seems it's been over a month.

That's just the time-stretching effect of coronavirus.

Kaleion:

I just updated the title of the post about three days ago. Guess I shoulda timestamped that.

The new forums are open for you to sign-up!

https://forums.escapistmagazine.com/

I will have to manually approve each account for now to make sure you guys get your usernames. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Here's the link to the thread to get your legacy badge once you sign-up as well. https://forums.escapistmagazine.com/threads/legacy-users-get-your-badge-here.21/

See you all on the new forums then.

I can't believe that these forums are going to go. These are the only forums I have ever participated in, and I can't believe I'm seeing their final days.

My one regret is... that I have... boneitis.

The 'Saelune' on the new forums is not me. My favorite game is Morrowind, and I have not yet gotten the new Animal Crossing. Whoever is posing as me, go fuck yourself.

Protip, I never use lowercase for my name.

Edit: The imposter https://forums.escapistmagazine.com/threads/the-introduction-thread.20/#post-85

Saelune:
The 'Saelune' on the new forums is not me. My favorite game is Morrowind, and I have not yet gotten the new Animal Crossing. Whoever is posing as me, go fuck yourself.

Edit: The imposter https://forums.escapistmagazine.com/threads/the-introduction-thread.20/#post-85

Thanks, I've disabled that account.

Nick Calandra:

Saelune:

How would signing up for me work? Is the username lost to me? I do not care to be 'Saelune1' or something, so would I have to come up with a new username?

Saelune:

Nick Calandra:

Saelune:

How would signing up for me work? Is the username lost to me? I do not care to be 'Saelune1' or something, so would I have to come up with a new username?

Nope, I immediately banned that person and deleted the account. I can get you your original username.

Nick Calandra:

Saelune:

Nick Calandra:

Nope, I immediately banned that person and deleted the account. I can get you your original username.

Ok, I just now signed up. Thanks.

Ugh, if impostors are gonna be a thing, I'm gonna have to make an account now.

I've already been the victim of an impostor situation in the past.
Back in the day, when they tried merging this forum and the GameFront forums (and they even tried using the same moderators for both, which ended up being a disaster, but I digress), someone who wasn't me created an "IceForce" account over there and used it to start trolling around.

Then I got warnings over here for it because the same moderators were shared between sites.
The lengths some people will go to, to try and get you warned and banned...

IceForce:

Back in the day, when they tried merging this forum and the GameFront forums (and they even tried using the same moderators for both, which ended up being a disaster, but I digress), someone who wasn't me created an "IceForce" account over there and used it to start trolling around.

Then I got warnings over here for it because the same moderators were shared between sites.

Surely they would notice that your email and IP were different??

Red Sentinel:

IceForce:

Surely they would notice that your email and IP were different??

You'd think so, but the mods at the time (all gone now) cared not for hard evidence like that.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.