My friend recently admitted......

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

he can def overcome that prejudice if he actually spend time with a gay guy

Etrius_the_seraphim:
My friend recently told me that he is prejudice against gay people, we have openly gay students at our school. give me your commentary on this.

He is entitled to his opinion. That said, if he spends his time insulting the gay students, then he needs to check himself over why he is as hating as he is and also whether it's really worth his time and energy to be that homophobic.

Also, remind him that gay isn't a disease that can be caught and, no, not every gay guy that talks to him is trying to sleep with him...

Etrius_the_seraphim:
and defective

Well a guess approaching the topic from an evolutionary aspect this bit is true. Any species that turns completely homosexual is dead within a generation.

Cliff_m85:

Gerazzi:
Don't care unless they're hitting on me...
CURSE YOU NATURALLY SKINNY GAMER PHYSIQUE!!!

I know what you mean, baby. And don't feel ashamed of your skinny gamer physique, I like skinny gamers. They're hot. I'm sure you're hot too, honey.

er....
I'm not gay

Im aware that is is going to make me sound like a horrible person but...

It might (just might) be acceptable as long as he dosnt act on it.

It work on the same concept that you arnt evil for thinking evil taughts but only for when you act on them.

my friend just admitted to me that..... he was black.

Liberaliter:
I'm Bi and I don't care if people hate on me, as long as they don't do it too my face or I'll kick their ass.

You awful person you, everyone knows that bi is just another word for greedy :)

hippykiller:
my friend just admitted to me that..... he was black.

What! where there any signs before he mentioned it?

Gerazzi:

Cliff_m85:

Gerazzi:
Don't care unless they're hitting on me...
CURSE YOU NATURALLY SKINNY GAMER PHYSIQUE!!!

I know what you mean, baby. And don't feel ashamed of your skinny gamer physique, I like skinny gamers. They're hot. I'm sure you're hot too, honey.

er....
I'm not gay

It was a joke dude. :p

I honestly don't care...as long as i don't know about it! If i fucking see 2 queers making out in school yeah im complaining my ass off.

Plauged1:

Eldritch Warlord:

Etrius_the_seraphim:
[quote="Eldritch Warlord" post="18.108797.1843716"]I have a prejudice against homosexuals too.

At least that's what I'm told because I view it as a form of insanity (it fits the definition).

if it was mental sickness i strongly doubt they would stil function in socioty as well as they do

There are many mental illnesses that don't necessarily create socially dysfunctional or dangerous people.

Yes, but. Why? How? How does it fit the description of insanity?

I am prejudiced against homosexuals, I think that it is a psycho-sexual disorder. I am a Conservative Anglican so I am obligated to believe that. Your friend is entitled to his opinion.

Eldritch Warlord:
I have a prejudice against homosexuals too.

At least that's what I'm told because I view it as a form of insanity (it fits the definition).

Seeing that no medically journal has listed it as a disease or illness since the 60's, I'd say you're an idiot.

tell ur so called mate that he needs to come in the 21st centry, im a str8 guy, (no jokes please) and i have been to college with gay people, worked with gay people and at no point did i feel threated, (sorry bout my spelling)

now im not saying we should all hug a gay, but come on everyone has a god given right to choose whatever lifestyle they want, so tell your mate hes a knobhead

Well, as has been said, it's his opinion so he is entitled to it.

Also, what is it with this "but it's the 21st century" thing? People are always going to have opinions that differ from your own and strange as it may seem, they are in fact bound to know what century it is. As such, reminding them of this us unlikely to change their opinion.

If people think something is wrong or disapprove of a particular lifestyle, that's because it's their opinion and nothing to do with them being stuck in the 90s (what are they, the dark ages?) or some such era.

sheic99:

Eldritch Warlord:

Seeing that no medically journal has listed it as a disease or illness since the 60's, I'd say you're an idiot.

Seeing that no MEDICAL journal has used insanity as a clinical definition in quite some time, I'd say you're both ill-informed.
But actually, the verdict is still split as to rather it's a genetic disease or a form of emotional/mental deviance. So...yeah.

Plauged1:
It is not hypocritical. It is fair, because if you can't accept or tolerate, then you nor your actions should be tolerated.

I'm confused. Are you agreeing or disagreeing that it's hypocritical, because you state it isn't and then explain exactly why it is.

But more to the point, such bullshit is counter-productive. All you'll do by acting like an ass is put them on the defensive. This solves nothing.

Plauged1:
Tell him he is a douche who can't wrap his head around acceptance, and the fact that its the 21st century, and that stuff like gay people are normal. It would suck if they were heterophobic. Imagine that...

Well then you have a prejudice against homophobes, so you too would be a douche. He has every right to dislike the idea of homosexuality. Its only when he actually seeks to harm gays based on his beliefs that he would be in the wrong. Its perfectly fine in my mind to dislike homosexuals.

Who cares. No ones forcing him to watch them get it on.

I'm not exactly all that pro-gay too. Of course saying this on the internet, liberal capital of the universe isn't going to be a beetle's burp in a hurricane.

Etrius_the_seraphim:

Eldritch Warlord:

if it was mental sickness i strongly doubt they would stil function in socioty as well as they do

many people with psychological illness can still function adequately in society. depression is mental illness, and they think around 40% of people have it at some point. however there isnt 40% of people unable to function in society

As long as he doesn't go around killing gays, don't see why it should be a problem.
Not everyone has the same opinion.

If your friend is male, does he also hate lesbians?

What is he afraid of? They are gonna come in and redecorate his room with throw pillows?
Let them love who they are going to love.

2 gay guys mean 2 more women available for him...well then again if he's gonna be a douche probley not.

There are so many more reasons to hate people, and I find hating someone for something as shallow as skin color, who they sleep with, what god they pray to is just lame...now hating someone who hates people for that... good reason.

I'm prejudiced against homosexuality too. Got a problem with it? I don't care. There are people out there that are prejudiced against people that are bald or prejudiced against people that practice religion. Does it honestly really matter as long as the person keeps it to themselves? Of course it doesn't. You can't expect people to openly and honestly accept everyone and everything in life. Its just not the way that life works.

Plauged1:
Tell him he is a douche who can't wrap his head around acceptance, and the fact that its the 21st century, and that stuff like gay people are normal. It would suck if they were heterophobic. Imagine that...

Hey yo wait.

1. If gays were heterophobic it wouldn't matter because they are a minority.
2. "Acceptance" as it is called is the mainstream and so having prejudice is non-mainstream and harder. Also it is human, and "having prejudice" doesn't even mean openly hating, it could be just about behavior and stuff. Like this: Gay people like the colour pink and talk funny, also they act like women and wear handbags. See, that was a predjudice, and had no hatred at all. You could think that and totally not hate gay people.

But as the thread-opener said that the person we just talk about thinks gay people are disgusting, this isn't even a prejudice, but his own opinion. You can gab on about freedom of speech for ever and do not let people use their right of free speech at all. His opinion is subjective and can not be called "right" or "wrong" in an objective way, it's an opinion. If I don't like onions and say that they are disgusting you can't just come over and tell me I should like them and be right about it.

I personally find that gay people are hurting a state because they can't reproduce. Many countries have problems with their birth rates, you know and I think gay people are responsible for a part of that problem. Of course not the whole problem, only a piece, but still. But this is only my opinion.

Tell him, that I, a gay man, doesn't give a shit about him.

Carlston:
There are so many more reasons to hate people, and I find hating someone for something as shallow as skin color, who they sleep with, what god they pray to is just lame...now hating someone who hates people for that... good reason.

To you. This entire topic is heavily based on personal opinion. All in all you would be hating him for his idea of an acceptable lifestyle, how is that any different than him hating them for their idea of an acceptable lifestyle?

goldenjester:

sheic99:

Eldritch Warlord:

Seeing that no MEDICAL journal has used insanity as a clinical definition in quite some time, I'd say you're both ill-informed.
But actually, the verdict is still split as to rather it's a genetic disease or a form of emotional/mental deviance. So...yeah.

i think you would find that sheic99 isnt wrong. it was still recognised by medical journals as a mental illness in the 60's.
and yes there is a "gay" gene, however its up for debate whether this causes homosexuality or makes them predisposed to it.
i personally have no problem with gay people. one of my best friends is gay, but someone saying homosexuality is wrong, whilst slightly uneducated, its still his opinion, as long as he doesnt preach it to others, it is fine.

It's

Etrius_the_seraphim:
My friend recently told me that he is prejudice against gay people, we have openly gay students at our school. give me your commentary on this.

It's not your job to change his mind.

Just let him think whatever he wants. If you think he's a bad person just stop hanging around him. As long as he doesn't start curb stomping gay people he's entitled to his POV.

Such is life.

Plauged1:

...As long as he's not openly mocking or hurting gay people, what's wrong with not liking them? A huge amount of guys feel uncomfortable in gay peoples presence.

Tolerance doesn't mean you have to like something, it means you have to put up with it.

you might want a bit of detail upon that. i know a friend who dislikes homosexuality, but will be fine with being friends with homosexual people - he will just dislike that aspect of them. maybe your friend is the same way?

ColdStorage:
Let him have his prejudice, its his choice.

Shame though, its nice, I have gay friends who do my hair, and they make me look fantastic.

I wish I knew more gay people :( They seem so fun and happy!

Eldritch Warlord:

*BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ*

I'm sorry that's incorrect.
Thanks for playing, I guess.

I dont like them either.
But I think they should have the same rights as us.

Daye.04:

Yes, but. Why? How? How does it fit the description of insanity?

sheic99:

Eldritch Warlord:

In psychology insanity is defined as deviance from the normal mental condition (insanity has varying degrees in psychology). Not being attracted to your sexually compatible gender fits this.

EDIT: You look at this too

TheTygerfire:

Eldritch Warlord:

*BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ*

I'm sorry that's incorrect.
Thanks for playing, I guess.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked