Horribly Underated...

Basically put, what is one movie, book, comic, car, band, music or anyother thing, that is underated?

For me it's the Sonic the Hedgehog comic from Archie Comics. It is suprisingly one of the best comics I've read (Behind Watchmen and Y: The Last Man suprisingly), yet whenever I go and buy an issue from a comic store, I got very odd and cold looks from other people in the store and one time being called a fag, because I bought a "baby" comic. But the thing is, is that it's suprisingly well written, and gives a dying series one last beam of hope, due to most of the fans of the comic are still die-hard Sonic fans, while I have very little regard for the games, and more intrested in how they try to entertain all their readers every week.

Plus every character, and believe me there are a lot:http://archiesonic.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Mobians all have an important part and have a character that's rounded and interesting. Yet, I can't say to my friends why it should be held in somewhat higher regard, because they point out, that all of the fan mail that's posted is all raving of fans who plead the editors to have Knuckles say "hi" to them, and say they can't take it seriously.(HE'S FICTIONAL DAMMIT)

And plus it has no Cream the Rabbit. From what I've heard, people really hate that character.

EDIT:SEARCH BAR APPROVED!: Forgot to do that when I started...

Liking what's popular once in a while. Of course it's not good to be completely conformist, but I can't stand when people degrade others for liking things 'just because everybody else does.' You need to sit back and let it occur to you that 'Gee, maybe a lot of people like it for a reason.' Especially when people go out of their way to be nonconformist.

In my opinion, there is no such thing as an 'under-appreciated gem', the second everyone starts appreciating it then it's no longer a proverbial unsung hero.

So the only truely underrated game/movie/book/comic/variety of cheese is one that nobody besides the creator has ever heard of or seen.

Häxor och porr.

A Swedish electropop band that's too awesome for words.

Nothing, really, because underrated-ness is an opinion. And if you think it's underrated, because of how much you like it, it probably isn't.

the Sonic comics and Naruto are the best.

I was planning on entering this thread and being a sarcatic little bitch by uttering: "Halo". Just so I can see all the people rage at it after me. But then I saw the light and shall be serious,

OT: Warship Gunner 2. Sadly it was doomed to obscurity due to the fact that is was made by a third party.

I don't know how popular they were when they first came out but I have several movies in mind. The Crow (the one with Brandon Lee) Boondock Saints and finally Equilibrium (which didn't even get a U.S. theatrical release.)

twistedmic:
and finally Equilibrium (which didn't even get a U.S. theatrical release.)

Really?
I totally agree with the underated...ness of it as well.
I saw that film on TV a few months ago. I thought to myself "Why haven't I ever heard of this film before? It's great!"

Metallica

Quake 4. I honestly don't get why people don't like it. Sure, it's nothing particularly special, but it was never supposed to be. It's basically Quake II with current-gen graphics, and that's all it needs to be, because Quake II was brilliant.

S-Unleashed:
Naruto

I can't stand Naruto. Admittedly I'm not a fan of anime in general, but I can accept some of it. However, I refuse to believe that this thing could be a ninja.
There's just no way in hell.

System of a down. Yes, i know they are very famous, yes i know they have been nominated (wined?)award for best metal song for 2004 or whatever. Why i think it's underrated? They try to get less famous and they release a song only if it's different from others. I they didn't try to be different, then there would have been 100 chop suey clones and they would have been very, very famous, but they just refuse to re-make the same stuff over and over. (not like ALL pop music)

Total Annihilation, Gabriel, Eoin Colfer (In comparison to JK), Preacher, 100 Bullets.

I tend to have this viw that anything which hasn't broken into the mainstream, but has the story/art/je ne sais qua to deserve it, should be classed as underated.

Justout:
Liking what's popular once in a while. Of course it's not good to be completely conformist, but I can't stand when people degrade others for liking things 'just because everybody else does.' You need to sit back and let it occur to you that 'Gee, maybe a lot of people like it for a reason.' Especially when people go out of their way to be nonconformist.

Someone hand this guy an award.

I completely agree with this.

Sushi. Mention it to anyone and they'll immediately blow it off as disgusting, but if they'd just try it they would find one of the worlds greatest mouthgasms.

the banjo.

the proof

Darth Pope:
Sushi. Mention it to anyone and they'll immediately blow it off as disgusting, but if they'd just try it they would find one of the worlds greatest mouthgasms.

NOO WAY IN HELL IS IT UNDERRATED!!!!!!!!!!!! Here in NZ my mother makes sushi every 2 days for me and like most of the people in my class would ask for some. There goes half my lunch lol. Of course here in New Zealand 95% of the population loves sushi. Both korean and japanese. It is like THE food to eat. It would never be disguting depending on what's inside.

OT: Starship Troopers? I mean the book.

fluffybacon:
Häxor och porr.

A Swedish electropop band that's too awesome for words.

It's a band named Haxor, of course it's awesome.

Darth Pope:

Sashimi is also rather amazing too :D

Also, UK armed forces ration pack corned beef hash! :D Everyone hates it! Can't think why, it's amazing! :D

Aqua Timez. A little known J-Pop/Anime band that are are awesome.

Mount&Blade Theres nothing more sweeter then charging your enemies with 100 hundred men on one side and a hundred on theres just charging enemies with your archers and caverly and footmen.

but its a indie game soooooooooo ya its expected to be underated.

Anachronism:
Quake 4. I honestly don't get why people don't like it. Sure, it's nothing particularly special, but it was never supposed to be. It's basically Quake II with current-gen graphics, and that's all it needs to be, because Quake II was brilliant.

S-Unleashed:
Naruto

I can't stand Naruto. Admittedly I'm not a fan of anime in general, but I can accept some of it. However, I refuse to believe that this thing could be a ninja.
There's just no way in hell.

Ok that's what you think.

Everyone hates on Fable 2, but I thought it was great.

Pearl Jam is an underrated band.

Also, the definition of underrated: EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 2017

Darth Pope:

Absolutely, I freakin' LOVE salmon, shrimp, and tuna sushi (Although I prefer Sashimi).

OP:I can't see why everyone hates The Watchmen movie (Especially the fans of the comic) I loved it.

Radeonx:
Nothing, really, because underrated-ness is an opinion. And if you think it's underrated, because of how much you like it, it probably isn't.

That's not always true, some things are underrated by the fact that some people don't give them a chance, some games are rated high in the qualitative sense but rated love in the quantitative sense, take a game like Phyconuats as an example, it was rated high but didn't sell well so that game could be seen as underrated, this is however a big exception and most game,comics and films are mostly considered underrated by fan boys and overrated by haters.
P.S is that Rob Zombie as your avatar?.

Band: The Matches
Game: Worms 3d
Movie: Cloverfield

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked