Greatest underrated movies

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

What do you think the greatest underrated movies of all time are? im gonna go on a limb here and say mine is Galaxy Quest. For those who don't know, its about aliens who come to earth, and all they know about humans were picked up from Star Trek. its hilarious and awesome, but for some reason no one talks about it. what about your favorites?

Oh I know that movie! It's was fun. Another underrated comedy is Evolution. Just for the notion that they kill aliens with Head & Shoulders.

I'm gonna go with the final Matrix film. I really, really, REALLY don't understand why people dislike it. It's an absolute belter! I guess this could apply to the second as well though. I think most people have a "omg the 1st one pwns I liked it before it was cool" kind of attitude towards it.

Starship Troopers!!!

GALAXY QUEST! It's just too good.

Also, Army Of Darkness only has a 2 star out of 5 rating on Allmovie.

They are fools, and shall die soon. That is all I shall say.

Jark212:
Starship Troopers!!!

And this too.

Pitch Black, a scifi classic in my opinion but I have only met two people who have seen it and one of them hated it

Nivag:
I'm gonna go with the final Matrix film. I really, really, REALLY don't understand why people dislike it. It's an absolute belter! I guess this could apply to the second as well though. I think most people have a "omg the 1st one pwns I liked it before it was cool" kind of attitude towards it.

People have that attitude? I didn't know.

If you want a coherent response why I dislike it, I can give it to you! But I don't want to be bothersome so I'll just give you the option of listening to poor me rant.

OT: Starship troopers needs more attention!

oliveira8:
Oh I know that movie! It's was fun. Another underrated comedy is Evolution. Just for the notion that they kill aliens with Head & Shoulders.

I just watched that on HBO. It was high-larious.

Ot: Yeah, i'll agree on Galaxy Quest, and also Groundhog Day, i never hear anybody talking about it.

oliveira8:

Jark212:
Starship Troopers!!!

Both of these films are amazing! I actually recently bought the Starship Troopers trilogy on account of not seeing the second two before. Can see why everybody dislikes the later ones :P But yeah, the first is insane.

Airplane is one of my favorite comedies, but almost no one has heard of it. The cast is good, the plot is... legible, and the jokes are obscure (good)

I've noticed that pretty much everyone who didn't like Unbreakable did like Signs.

Let that sink in for a moment.

Return of the living dead 4-5. 4-5 are very stupid but I can't help but laugh my ass off at how bad it is.

Hubilub:

Nivag:

If you want a coherent response why I dislike it, I can give it to you! But I don't want to be bothersome so I'll just give you the option of listening to poor me rant.

Sorry, I'm not trying to generalise everybody that dislikes it. Although on reflection, that's totally what I did. Oops. Anyways, I do know a few people who dislike it for the reason that it was hyped up so much that it couldn't live up to expectations.

grimsprice:

oliveira8:

I just watched that on HBO. It was high-larious.

Ot: Yeah, i'll agree on Galaxy Quest, and also Groundhog Day, i never hear anybody talking about it.

Speaking of Bill Murray, What About Bob is a classic.

I don't know what kind of score Donnie Darko received but it is definitely a good movie. Also, the neigh unheard of A Boy and His Dog (Ok, well, Fallout fans have heard of it) is extremely good.

Lord of War
El Mariachi
Desperado
Once Upon a Time in Mexico
From Dawn till Dusk
Planet Terror
(yes, Robert Rodriguez is an underrated director)
Hot Fuzz/ Shaun of the Dead
Goodfellas (especially compared to Godfather)

Well considering this: http://www.metacritic.com/video/titles/fightclub?q=Fight%20Club

I'm definitely gonna have to say Fight Club

To give you some perspective on that, "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs" got the SAME score, and Paranormal Activity got a BETTER score. Um, what?

Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Fucking classic.

I have another one! The Prestige from Christopher Nolan. Everyone knows The Dark Knight and Batman Begins, but The Prestige is really really great. Some people don't like the ending, but doesn't change that it's great.

It's about two rival magicians in the Victorian age(or something close to it), as both try to out do each other and leave the other in the dirt. And in the mix you have crazy Tesla SCIENCE!

Oh and the best part? It's better than the book it's based on.

Seriously go watch The Prestige.

Nivag:

Hubilub:

Nivag:

Sorry, I'm not trying to generalise everybody that dislikes it. Although on reflection, that's totally what I did. Oops. Anyways, I do know a few people who dislike it for the reason that it was hyped up so much that it couldn't live up to expectations.

Yes, that's probably my main reason.

The first Matrix was original and super-awesome. The second one, while not as good perhaps, was still pretty damn sweet and gave a huge build-up that we all were sure would result in a massive moviegasm that would blow our minds.

It just became a generic action-flick. *sigh*

benbenthegamerman:
What do you think the greatest underrated movies of all time are? im gonna go on a limb here and say mine is Galaxy Quest. For those who don't know, its about aliens who come to earth, and all they know about humans were picked up from Star Trek. its hilarious and awesome, but for some reason no one talks about it. what about your favorites?

I love that movie, I couldn't remember the title until now. Thankyou! :D

A LOT of these movies aren't underrated. A couple are under-watched, sure, but most here aren't underrated.

OT: I just watched a movie called The Brothers Bloom that didn't get a wide release despite the fact that it's full of quirky humour and heart. I'm surprised that it never did get anything more than its current cult following.

Furburt:
GALAXY QUEST! It's just too good.

Also, Army Of Darkness only has a 2 star out of 5 rating on Allmovie.

They are fools, and shall die soon. That is all I shall say.

Jark212:
Starship Troopers!!!

And this too.

Klaatu, Verata, Nikt-...

oh god dammit

(yes, as you can tell, i watched army of darkness recently.)

benbenthegamerman:

Klaatu, Verata, Nikt-...

oh god dammit

(yes, as you can tell, i watched army of darkness recently.)

And you are a better man because of it.

the night flier.
one of the best depictions of a vampire ever imo(unlike the modern pussified ones).
also there is no defined line between "good" and "evil" the hero's an ass and nobody expects you to sympathize with him. the ending also ruled.

Galaxy Quest is fantastic, a seriously awesome comedy with really amazing actors.

Not sure if this can be considered underrated but since it was made for 75 million but only made 71 million at the box office and dvd sales, Funny People. It really is a good movie despite the director.

I'm going to have to go with my favorite movie of all time Clue. Yes this is based off the board game and it is absolutely fantastic. I honestly never see this on anyone's all time favorite movies (hell most people I meet have never heard of it or knew that it was a movie) but every time I whip out the DVD people love it.

Better Off Dead. The greatest movie you've never heard of.

The cure to the John Hughes 80's movies.

oliveira8:
I have another one! The Prestige from Christopher Nolan. Everyone knows The Dark Knight and Batman Begins, but The Prestige is really really great. Some people don't like the ending, but doesn't change that it's great.

It's about two rival magicians in the Victorian age(or something close to it), as both try to out do each other and leave the other in the dirt. And in the mix you have crazy Tesla SCIENCE!

That movie kind of sucked for me since I read the book before it and it was much, much better. In fact, I read it three times in the entire time I had it out from the library just because it was so good. So I'd say it's the most underrated book, not film ;)

The Hurt Locker, godamn fantasic movie yet none of my friends have seen it. Now its been nominated for a load of Oscars it'll hopefully get the publicity it deserves.

oliveira8:

I love that movie.I saw it late night once on T.V. And I was amazed at how awesome it was.

OT:Doomsday,it´s a great movie from 2006.I don´t feel like telling you about it.Just IMDB it.

I have to say that Space Mutiny is mine. But come to think of it anything with Reb Brown in it.

Kung fu Hustle, The Count of Monte Carlo and Bulletproof Monk were all great movies

Paperplanes79:
Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Fucking classic.

that and The hut locker and a movie that seems to be diapering is The Day after tomorrow

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked