most fucked up ending to something you've ever read or seen.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

JRCB:
FEAR 2. Hands down. Everyone should know what I'm talking about.

Agreed.

'Star Wars The Force Unleashed'. Both endings. In the good one you die, and in the bad one you live horribly. *spoilers*

The end of The Mist (the film version)

Oh God.

The visual novel Ever 17.

Dear God, there was a miniature explosion in my brain.

And it was so fucking worth it.

The Mist! one of the saddest endings ever.

Drakengard...or at least SOME of its endings were pretty messed up.

Uzigawa:
oh and, prolly the ending to kane and lynch 1 if you go and try and save lynch, it's f'd what happens, forget what happens if you ran away, i think something bad happened in that ending too

oh no wait, change my answer, Yellow Submarine, just cause the whole damn thing is f*cked up and the end was no different, last time i watched i may have been on illicit substances, just so i could experience it fully

The ending to Brave New World was pretty messed up.

Pelephant:
Drakengard...or at least SOME of its endings were pretty messed up.

Darn it all. I was going to bring this up. However, if you're looking for your nightmare fuel, Drakengard's fourth ending... Oh gawd.

It starts at 2:27... and ends never, because it will never leave your mind. NEVER.

The "Hope" Series by David Feintuch. concerns a character in the navy who is a complete bunghole, but believes himself to be a bastard for all the wrong reasons (i.e. not the reasons he is actually a bunghole). He never tries to change what he believes is wrong with himself- I don't think he believes it is possible to change. The series is 7 (or 8) books long, I barely got through 2 1/3 before giving up in disgust because the main character never changes. And he's all EMO about it, too.

For the sake of originality (in this thread at least), the last half hour of Splice is pretty fucked up. Moreso than any other recent film I can recall.

twasdfzxcv:

Nomanslander:

alwaysrockon:
oldboy and Requim for a Dream. I'm truly amazed nobody has even mentioned Requiem. I read a review once that said:
"This movie is not for the faint of heart as the last 30 minutes will literly physically hurt to watch. You may think your strong but you do not know sadness until you have seen this movie" I didn't really beleive it but after I watched it...well...Damn.

Yeahhhh! I don't think any movie is going to top those two...00

I'll raise you with this.

What are you talking about? I'd let that cutesy Japanese chick stick me with needles any day...=D

Sdutter Island, 'nuff said

Oh, and "The Ghost King, Transitions Book 3" by R.A. Salvatore. The ending was seriously mind-screwing.

LadyRhian:
Oh, and "The Ghost King, Transitions Book 3" by R.A. Salvatore. The ending was seriously mind-screwing.

i haven't read anything except about 3 of his drizzt series's and of course the badass, totally needing more books (no joke), cleric quintet, seriously, i wish i had more of cleric quintet, that was the shit

The Walking Dead.

...just about the whole thing, actually- not really any particular ending or issue. That and its still going on.

Makes McCarthy's The Road look like a childrens novel at times

End of Evangelion and School Days are pretty fucked up

Also Shadow Star Narutaru, but that ones fucked up throughout

I have yet to se an ending so screwed up and disturbing that I remain slack jawed. I've seen some good twists, but none that are intensely disturbing and messed up. My friends all say I could probably do something like that.
I really wish to experience something that actually makes me yell out loud "What the hell!?" Maybe if I become a writer, which seems like a probable profession for me, I can design something like that.
Although I can give a few honorable mentions. Spoilers, but I don't know how to use the tag

F.E.A.R 2: You literally get raped by a dead chick. Hope you're happy.

The Mist: The guy kills his wife, son and an elderly couple so they don't die horrible painful deaths at the hands of the monsters, only to have rescue arrive exactly 24 seconds later.

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories: You realize that the person in the Psychiatrist's office who is thought to be you is actually your grown up daughter who you've been looking for the entire game trying to cope with your (unknown to you until just now) death 18 years earlier. You figure out that you're a memory made into a being by your daughters immense love and the supernatural elements of the town. You then give your daughter a hug, telling her you'll always be with her, then slowly freeze over and die.

Thunderhorse31:
For the sake of originality (in this thread at least), the last half hour of Splice is pretty fucked up. Moreso than any other recent film I can recall.

I didn't know what was coming, and I was watching this on a crowded train on a widescreen laptop. People must have thought I was into some twisted shit.

Cowboy Bebop

"Bang..."

I distinctly remember seeing Donnie Darko for the first time and saying "What the hell did I just watch?"
After additional views, I understand it now, but the first time was pretty out there.

yahtzee's 7 days a skeptic. talk about original endings!

k0kRoach:
Giant floating space fetus hovering over Earth anyone?

Not only was 2001's ending mind bending but it was a good 20 minutes long.

eeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeee OOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo EEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe ~repeat till nose begins bleeding~

I got ninja'd on most of these but I'll list them anyways: Inception, The Collector, Fight Club, Bridge to Terabithia, The Departed, and Ender's Game

Knowing had the worst ending ever.
/thread.

Wait I thought it was best ending...

Most fucked up is Big O hands down.

I'm taking "fucked up" to mean "weird" here. In that case the man who was thursday takes the cake. you should have read it... its available in text form in Deus Ex. lol

yeah but for some reason the end of the book is

it is a fine book tho

I read a book where the main character s a cop who is trying to stop the serial ritual killings of children in his town. But just before the end he finds out they were doing it to stop the impending apocalypse and after stopping the killings tries to rectify his mistake by killing and child he can get his hands on. (seriously like 3 within 2 minutes) It doesnt work though and the fucking world ends.

The whole book was a cool detective investigation based on realism until the last chapter where it just mindfucked you.

Jaime_Wolf:
Probably going with A Scanner Darkly. That ending is horrifying(ly brilliant).

However, if you want fucked up for an ENTIRE MOVIE, only one word: Zardoz.

You have not lived until you have seen Zardoz.

Yes, yes, and yes again. The ending of Zardoz ruined my entire Tuesday (and I rather like Tuesdays). "The penis is Evil! Destroy the Penis! The gun is good, use it to destroy the penis!".
Also, I once bought one of those new-fangled DVD graphic novels, "Broken Saints". It messed me up pretty bad, I had to drink a whole gallon of milk and do jumping jacks till I dropped guts just to take my mind off of it.

Uzigawa:

LadyRhian:

i haven't read anything except about 3 of his drizzt series's and of course the badass, totally needing more books (no joke), cleric quintet, seriously, i wish i had more of cleric quintet, that was the shit

Then don't read "The Ghost King". Seriously. It was the last book of 3e Dungeons and Dragons and the first book of 4e. And Cadderly's powers don't fit into 4e. So they eliminated him. :P

1984. . .that ending is fucked. . .really thats just cold. .

tellmeimaninja:
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.

It proceeds to have everyone betray everyone else, magic goes to science goes to magic, your very grip on reality is shaken, beaten, and left to rot, then you crash into Manhattan, get in an epic battle, and watch as people casually stroll past the people in combat gear and then Raiden goes to his bad romantic drama ending that contradicts almost everything you were just told.

you failed to grasp everything. it makes perfect sense but only if you keep EVERY DETAIL EVER in your head. so dont feel bad for not getting it. but mgs2 did have a totally fucked ending: the good guy (a bad man) loses and the bad guys win. completely, in fact. President Sears, I salute you.

Now, I can't think of the most fucked up ending, so I'll go with Red Dead Redemption. It's just so... wrong.

Also good: Borderlands and Screed2. Both fuck the protagonist over so royally, I couldn't stop laughing. Especially in Ezio's case.

The Never Ending Story.

It ended...

Said before, but Bridge to Terabithia. Also Where the Red Fern Grows.

MASH and Quantum Leap endings both SUCKED!

I was disappointed in the DeathNote ending. It wasn't a bad one, I just would have rather seen the other guy win.

And every presidential election I can remember. LOL

The TVtropes article on the book "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream".

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked