What moments have had you sitting on your bed, thinking, "what the hell is wrong with this world?!"

Pages 1 2 NEXT

If you don't know me, my name is JaymesFogarty, (or at least, my pseudonym is.) My family have always been swept with terrible luck, and it has climaxed today. Someone from the local council have come round, asking for £6000. Unfortunately, we don't have it, so my PS3, laptop, tv and speakers are all going to be repo-ed to try and cover some of the cost. I'm devastated, and that's when I thought, "Hey! Wouldn't gamers love to hear this?!" Okay, not really. But it serves as a scary enough example for my question.
What moments in your life have had you thinking, "what the hell is wrong with this world?!" It could be a tragic family member death, and old memory that has scarred you, or just an event in the world that has you shaking your head in disbelief.

inb4 shitstorm of people telling OP how good he has it to even have a roof over his head.

Pararaptor:
inb4 shitstorm of people telling OP how good he has it to even have a roof over his head.

Our house is rented, so I'm not sure how long we'll even have that. But thanks for commenting!

Every now and then I remember the moment I walked into my granddads house to see my grandma dead on the floor. That was my first experience with death in my family. It was sudden, it was a shock and I will never forget it.

I makes me wonder how good people die when terrible people can live. But people get what they get, not what they deserve.

JaymesFogarty:

Pararaptor:

Our house is rented, so I'm not sure how long we'll even have that. But thanks for commenting!

Shit son, that sounds bad.

What kind of computer are you runnin' at the moment? I'll gift you something on steam.

well I foolishly idolised my countries military as a place of honor and discipline.

now as it turns out the defense academy is a place filled with racism, sexism and god knows what else.
I was disgusted when I read this and wondered why I wanted to join in the first place.

I know it's small fry to what other people have to go through but like I said: I idolised the military and now it turns out to be one big clusterfuck of dickheads. It's never nice to see your idol fall from grace.

Getting hit by a car a while back. The driver didn't even stop.

Watched a puppy get run over as well. Neighbors bought some yap-yappy Dachshund that never shut its mouth and would run away all the time. It ran into the middle of the street and somebody ran it over.

Mostly every time I go into public and try to interact socially with people I ask myself "What is wrong with humans?", not so much "What is wrong with the world?". I'm not going to piss and moan about bad circumstances I probably put myself in and just toss the blame on somebody else.

But there was a Klan rally not far from where I live a year or two back. Scary.

Pararaptor:

JaymesFogarty:

Pararaptor:

What kind of computer are you runnin' at the moment? I'll gift you something on steam.

You're very kind, but it's a crap laptop. I can't even run Braid without it crashing. To be honest, my PS3 is the only game friendly device I've got.

I wouldn't be sitting on my bed, but rather pacing my room, wondering what is so wrong. I just think about all sorts like equality, relative deprivation and the lack of compassion towards it's citizens some countries hold. Society really just depresses the hell out of me so, naturally, I'm doing a sociology degree hopefully.

I only have moments when I'm looking at the sun rise thinking how beautiful everything is.

JaymesFogarty:

Pararaptor:

JaymesFogarty:

Pararaptor:

You're very kind, but it's a crap laptop. I can't even run Braid without it crashing. To be honest, my PS3 is the only game friendly device I've got.

I'm sorry, man.

But, there is a bright side.
Getting a nice healthy tan should come easier now.
The joys of outside a much greater than the bores of game-less inside.

when someone stole my bed....and only the bed

Pararaptor:

Nonsense, my cardboard box is always open to friends. I've got a fridge box as well, usually rent that one out though.

Bruin:

Pararaptor:

Nonsense, my cardboard box is always open to friends. I've got a fridge box as well, usually rent that one out though.

Fuck.
I just realised how that could be misinterpreted.

Its not terrible luck when you get repo-ed, maybe you should not have bought that ps3 then, and that laptop and those speakers, and save your money and pay your important bills first..

Seems like you are confusing terrible luck with terrible sense for personal economy..

I've turned 16, meaning my mum loses half her tax credit.
My stepdad has had his incapacity benefit cut off, because my mum works TWO hours too many. Never mind that she earns WAY inside the cut-off point for salary.
And on that note, my mum's hours got cut, shortly after a job opportunity closed, and shortly after we would have been able to apply for incapacity benefit for my stepdad again.

We're kinda tight on money. This is REALLY irritating, especially when you read about the scroungers with sixteen kids.

Also, every single time Private Eye comes, I usually end up despairing...

This one not 5 minutes ago...

That such beliefs on what is "ethical" - religiously founded or not - actually survive to this day worry me to no end.

Every time I walk by a TV.

Seeing terrible movies like GI Joe and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen actually becoming huge box office "hits."

Most of the time. We live in a broken world, but there are methods by which that can be blocked out. To an extent, anyway. Appreciate the moments when you can.

Also, I'm sorry about your situation.

Pararaptor:

JaymesFogarty:

Pararaptor:

Moments like this, for example. The cockles of my heart have been thoroughly warmed.

Well the fact im unemployed because employers are sexist/ageist bastards, In debt $500 to dad for paying my car rego, have become the family cleaning slave of the house in order to be allowed to stay home while my sister gets pregnant at 17 and does NOTHING (she's not even 2 months in yet).

I'd say everyday I wonder what the hell is wrong with this world, more-so Australia.

Also, teenagers and adults over 16 who make ZERO effort to try and find a job, education etc and live off the dull, I personally want to beat the crap out of. One guy who used to be my friend is a prime example as to why I dont bother with him anymore.

Imperator_DK:

That such beliefs on what is "ethical" - religiously founded or not - actually survive to this day worry me to no end.

Wow.
That's...that's why I'm glad I don't go to Religion/Politics.

Whenever someone mistreats another living thing.

I will say that I never killed anything. Except a cockroach. But that thing attacked me.

Mechsoap:

You're kidding me right?

The bed, and only THE BED???
How did they carry it out???
Why did they steal THAT of all things???
Do you live within walking distance of an asylum, because I think you need to ask if they have any extra beds...

OT: There is only one person who shares many of my values and we've discussed this a few times, so not really thinking, but speaking.

mrkeebz:
Every now and then I remember the moment I walked into my granddads house to see my grandma dead on the floor. That was my first experience with death in my family. It was sudden, it was a shock and I will never forget it.

I makes me wonder how good people die when terrible people can live. But people get what they get, not what they deserve.

This may be a cold way to look at it but with all the death, fighting, disease, and crime it seems were just walking in a living hell. All she did was escape to a better place while the undeserving get to sit and rot.

Sorry if that sounds cold.

Ah, that's my specialty- depressing thoughts like that (And, I'll admit it, depressing poems, blu-tacked all over my school) are what I'm known for. I'll readily accept that I am melodramatic.
Of course, I focus on the human aspect- in fact... I think I can remember a certain...
HYAA!: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Weekend/dying-homeless-man-stopped-mugging-sidewalk/story?id=10471047
It's been a while since I've posted that anywhere. Anyway, if that doesn't make you shake your head, I don't know what will.

Hmm. I thought once, what the hell is wrong with people. I returned home, to find broken windows, the home completely trashed. Every single thing from every draw, cupboard and shelf was thrown on the ground, beds tipped over. The only thing stolen was a heavily encrypted laptop my mother uses for work. They decided not to take the consoles, TV's, or anything else of value in the house. That puzzled me.

similar.squirrel:
Most of the time. We live in a broken world, but there are methods by which that can be blocked out. To an extent, anyway. Appreciate the moments when you can.

Also, I'm sorry about your situation.

Pararaptor:

JaymesFogarty:

Pararaptor:

Moments like this, for example. The cockles of my heart have been thoroughly warmed.

I know, I was surprised when I saw this. Good to see that there are good people here.

tomtom94:

Imperator_DK:

Wow.
That's...that's why I'm glad I don't go to Religion/Politics.

Nah, it's not usually anywhere near that extreme there. Otherwise I'd be doing nothing else than sit on my bed thinking what the hell was wrong with this world.

I always wonder what my mom would think of me since she passed, I always feel like some mindless sick fuck.

As for the rest of the world, I always wondered what our world would be like with different solutions for that, from flying cars to having ACTUALLY REAL Pokemon.

Ziadaine:
Well the fact im unemployed because employers are sexist/ageist bastards, In debt $500 to dad for paying my car rego, have become the family cleaning slave of the house in order to be allowed to stay home while my sister gets pregnant at 17 and does NOTHING (she's not even 2 months in yet).

I'd say everyday I wonder what the hell is wrong with this world, more-so Australia.

Also, teenagers and adults over 16 who make ZERO effort to try and find a job, education etc and live off the dull, I personally want to beat the crap out of. One guy who used to be my friend is a prime example as to why I dont bother with him anymore.

That sounds like a pretty shity deal you got there. I've got the same thing going. Both my younger sibblings don't contribute anything to the household. Worsed thing is they're not even a tiny bit ashamed about it, even when they get confronted by it. Least I'm moving out at the end of the week.

Also it isn't just in australia. Over here in nl we have more than enough unemployed living of a social check withouth even bothering too look for work. It a great system but it gets abused like hell.
I just don't get why some people don't wanna work. I'd go crazy doing nothing all day.

When I'm feeling frustrated and someone tells me to "stop whining and realize I'm lucky to have a roof over my head". That doesn't make me feel better, and it just makes me want to smack you. I'd probably do it too.

brandon237:

Mechsoap:

You're kidding me right?

Do you live within walking distance of an asylum, because I think you need to ask if they have any extra beds...

OT: There is only one person who shares many of my values and we've discussed this a few times, so not really thinking, but speaking.

i dident have anything off worth of money (noticeably i had my laptop with me) and it made quit a mess moving out the bed, but they dident take anything else, seems they where only interested in the bed because its soft.... i dunno, and asylum part, there is one just outside the city...

Mechsoap:

brandon237:

Mechsoap:

You're kidding me right?

i dident have anything off worth of money (noticeably i had my laptop with me) and it made quit a mess moving out the bed, but they dident take anything else, seems they where only interested in the bed because its soft.... i dunno, and asylum part, there is one just outside the city...

I think you should check that mad house, because your thief was mental, wait, was it a really soft, fluffy bed? *plans criminal raid*

brandon237:

Mechsoap:

brandon237:

Mechsoap:

You're kidding me right?

I think you should check that mad house, because your thief was mental, wait, was it a really soft, fluffy bed? *plans criminal raid*

a bit, it was mechanical with a motor i never used, else it was old and not very soft anymore and properly filled with enough for scientists to find in 5000 years to prove the existence of me

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked