Pi * 1337% = 42. My mind is blown.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

captaincabbage:

Marter:
When I found out that Rock type attacks were neutral against Rock type Pokemon.

I had always thought they were Not Very Effective. I was really surprised.

I was surprised to learn that dragon type was only weak to dragon type. It confused and infuriated me.

Um...what about Ice types?

Soooo... Nerd + Gamer = The Meaning of life?
Well, at least I'm on the right track!

man at first i didn't get but then it was like whu..woah, WOAH!

MIIIND IIIIS BLOOOWN

The density of the planet Saturn is less than that of water.

Meaning that if you put it in an ocean big enough, it would float.

blew my mind

Swollen Goat:
I don't really have any epiphanies to share, but when I saw yours I was all

well said

Worgen:
a certain type of spider uses learning to hut, soon it will invent gun powder also
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portia_(genus)

That is amazing, also bonus points for having Miguel as your avatar.

Holy shit, you are right!

And to make things scarier this is my 1337th post!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

Soviet Heavy:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

Unexplainable forces are at work.

Also in a fight situation, when threatened a fully grown shark can piss fire.

If you make a tunnel through the earth, going though the center, and jump...
It would take 42 minutes for you to Reach the other side, if the only forced used it gravity... Aaaaand if you are in vacuum...

So... Douglas Adams was right?

Kurokami:

Worgen:
a certain type of spider uses learning to hut, soon it will invent gun powder also

That is amazing, also bonus points for having Miguel as your avatar.

yay bonus points, and you didnt even point out the stupid spelling mistake I made

chris11246:

Fishtie:
Think about this. (nerd science incoming)

All materials condense when they get colder, becoming more dense and sinking. This is especially true when they change state, say from liquid to solid.

EXCEPT WATER! Ice is the ONLY thing that actually expands and floats when it freezes.

The really freaky part? If this wasn't true then life as we know it would not exist! (water frozen in winter would sink and not be thawed by the summer sun, eventually causing all water to freeze)

So just remember: you wouldn't be alive except for one tiny little middle finger to thermal dynamics.

To be more specific water crystallizes when it freezes and the structures created are less dense than the liquid which is why it floats.

Im sure there are more things than water that do that.

Gallium is less dense in the solid phase than the liquid. I knew that one offhand. With a little help from Wikipedia, I discover that silicon, germanium, bismuth, and antimony have similar properties.

Gallium's interesting stuff. Because its melting point is 29.76 degrees Celsius (approx. 85 deg. Fahrenheit), if you pick up a chunk of gallium metal at room temperature, it'll melt in your hand, thus necessitating a candy coating in order for it to melt in your mouth, not in your hand. Don't try this at home.

Worgen:

Just as Swollen Goat said.

AvsJoe:
So, wait...

The answer to life, the universe, and everything is elite pie?

...makes sense...

So what do we do with awesome pie? Eat it? Kill it? Worship it as a god?

oranger:
Is...is the world gonna explode? because my head asplode. Right now.

All I could think of was:

OT: The main post was the latest thing that blew my mind that big.

That's freaking awesome.
Here's something I figured out a while back. Its not quite mind blowing but its still pretty neat:

The numbers 2, 2, and 4 can make quite a number of different equations when set right.
2+2=4
4-2=2
2*2=4
4/2=2
2^2=4

There is no other group of numbers that you can do stuff like that with.

Gardenclaw:

Soviet Heavy:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

Unexplainable forces are at work.

Also in a fight situation, when threatened a fully grown shark can piss fire.

Wait, WHAAAAAAAA????

While taking AP Bio, I learned about the sodium potassium pump. Its a little protein that perfectly changes its very structure to allow in Potassium while letting out sodium. ATP, another molecule, binds to this protein to let it happen, and it is because of this pump that our cells can maintain their overall electric charge.

This may not seem like a lot to some, but this shit blew my mind while I was reading it. All I could think of was, HOW THE FUCK ARE WE ALIVE?!

DazBurger:
If you make a tunnel through the earth, going though the center, and jump...
It would take 42 minutes for you to Reach the other side, if the only forced used it gravity... Aaaaand if you are in vacuum...

it doesn't matter if you go through the centre. No matter which way you go if you go in a straight line vacuum through the earth it will take 42 minutes. Earth's gravity well and angular forces will be altered accordingly so that even in a shorter distance you will take 42 minutes. Epic.

Marter:

captaincabbage:

Marter:

I was surprised to learn that dragon type was only weak to dragon type. It confused and infuriated me.

Um...what about Ice types?

yeah, but I never really counted Icfe because it's the single worst type ever created. Besides, if you can get an ice type up strong enough to fight Lance in the elite four, you may have gone with Dragon, since Dragon types can also learn fire, fighting and ground type moves, which are all super effective againt ice. talk about a lame horse.

"George Bush won his second term as US President."

"Come on guys, quit lying to me." apnews.com...

God damn it.

Swollen Goat:
I don't really have any epiphanies to share, but when I saw yours I was all

That is pretty much my exact response. Way to ninja it.

captaincabbage:
yeah, but I never really counted Icfe because it's the single worst type ever created. Besides, if you can get an ice type up strong enough to fight Lance in the elite four, you may have gone with Dragon, since Dragon types can also learn fire, fighting and ground type moves, which are all super effective againt ice. talk about a lame horse.

Um...Ground type isn't super effective against Ice. Rock is, maybe that's what you are thinking of.

Marter:

captaincabbage:

Um...Ground type isn't super effective against Ice. Rock is, maybe that's what you are thinking of.

lol my bad. I was going on memory, so I guess I got pretty close with ground type. Hey rock is just a harder ground after all XD

But yeah, Ice = Worst type evah.

The Answer has been found! I must search for this Elite Pie!

Wait........... What???

Really?

Wardnath:
Zero to the zero power = 1.

O SHI, what have I done?!

Except it's 0. I got confused in calc one day and checked it out and the exponent rules say if n=/= n^0 =1

SimuLord:
Someone mentioned to me today that 1337% of Pi = 42. Sure enough, I ran the numbers and to two decimal places, Pi * 13.37 = 42.00.

For Discussion: Share something that when someone said it to you, you were like "really?" then you found out it was true and you were like "holy shit."

Just did.

Hannibal942:
While taking AP Bio, I learned about the sodium potassium pump. Its a little protein that perfectly changes its very structure to allow in Potassium while letting out sodium. ATP, another molecule, binds to this protein to let it happen, and it is because of this pump that our cells can maintain their overall electric charge.

This may not seem like a lot to some, but this shit blew my mind while I was reading it. All I could think of was, HOW THE FUCK ARE WE ALIVE?!

Have you learned about the FTP motor? It's a molecular motor found in every cell. It's the power house of cells. Scientists estimate every cell can have a couple thousand of these little motors. It can burn fuel to produce energy, and it can run in reverse to store energy. I've seen an animation of it in work. It even looks like a simple 2 part motor spinning. It's absolutely crucial to cells, and it's made of a couple hundred protein molecules. It is irreducibly complex. If you remove any molecules, it becomes completely useless. I had a similar feeling of "How did that come to be???" That's all I can remember. It's been a year or 2 since I learned about them.

When i tried to grasp the size of the universe with my tiny brain it imploded.

For reference: there are more stars in the skies, then grains of sand on this planet!

Zeeky_Santos:

AvsJoe:
So, wait...

The answer to life, the universe, and everything is elite pie?

...makes sense...

So what do we do with awesome pie? Eat it? Kill it? Worship it as a god?

Combine all three. Eat it with fire and worship the poo.

It's just a coincidence that 42 is the answer. 42 itself wouldn't mean anything except for the Hitchhiker's books, and Douglas Adams specified that he picked the number 42 out of thin air, because he thought it would be a funny answer.

The only thing that impresses me these days is the LHC.

Marter:

Oh shit, really?!?!?

mind=blown.

anyway, when was my mind blown...

hmm...

Its not exactly 42 so i don't know why your mind is blown it's not really that amazing.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked