Personal Oddities

Pages PREV 1 2 3

I can't sit still if I'm bored. I move around a lot, pacing mostly. Drives people crazy...lol.

slouched posture, beard at the before the age of 15, look at the ground whil walking i also tend to start walking wierd every once in a while like jumping up stairs of stumbling for no reason my middle and ring fingers are double jointed and i tend to pick my ears teeth and nose(though only when my nose is really bothering) i am always playing with things when sitting or pace if i'm standing and if i'm holding something i can easily tap the ground with i will tap out any tune in my head. i also talk very quietly when not angry or talking to my friends and can sometimes drift off in the middle of a conversation

Polaris19:
I can't sit still if I'm bored. I move around a lot, pacing mostly. Drives people crazy...lol.

do i know how you feel my dad constantly yells at me to stop pacing since to him pacing = somethings wrong

I never make eye contact. I've been told that it's a symptom of ADHD Inattentive Type, which I have.

As a result I'm incredibly bad at recognizing faces, I only go off of voices. One of my best friends was sitting right next to me at a school event, and I didn't even realize it was him because he didn't say anything. Although, I'm really good at recognizing cartoon voice actors.

I was born with it, it's a bit of a pain sometimes.

I usually will stare right into the eyes of people who are telling me what to do. Not out of disrespect or anything, hell usually I'm completely fine with what they are telling me but I love making my supervisors and some who think they are high and mighty lose their train of thought or divert their own eyes. Try it sometime, I'm sure many of you have discovered how unnerving eye-stares can be.

also, I have a PA, but that's nothing out of the ordinary.

MassiveGeek:
The one that comes to mind is that I'm... well, tiny.

I'm not really short, but I have a tiny body type. My ribcage is rather small, but my breasts are a little bigger than average, so I have a real pain shopping for bras. My size isn't even on the charts. And when I do find bras that fit, they're usually very expensive. :/

Also I have a tendency to forget to breathe when distracted and I forget to relax so I'm sometimes tense without realising it.

So essentially you're every anime geek's dream girl?

I was extremely pigeon-toed when I was younger, and even though I've straightened it out, I still have to concentrate on keeping my feet in the right position when I walk. Because of that, I got in the habit looking down at my feet when I walk, which often gives people the impression that I have low self-esteem. It's also given my shoulders a kind of permanent slump, and resulted in frequent back pain.

I have hours-long conversations with myself while performing repetitive tasks.

I talk to myself a lot.

I always drum with my hands.

My neutral face looks really sad to some people, to the point that they'll ask if I'm ok when I'm deep in thought. That one is kind of annoying because I'm perfectly happy most of the time!

If someone were to like, throw a ball in my face, I would say "ow". But that would also be my only reaction. I find it almost impossible to show that I'm in pain. Don't know why, I mean it's not a good thing. But this one time someone closed a door on my fingers and I was like: "This hurts very much, would you please open the door?" in a very calm voice.
I think I have some sort of drain bermage.......

EDIT: I thought of a few more things, I talk to myself. A lot... like, whenever I'm alone...

On the physical side, I have Central Heterochromia. It means that the area around the pupils is a different color from the rest of my iris (I'm talking about eyes here, if that wasn't clear). I my case I have blue-green eyes and a light brown center. Kinda like this, only my eyes are more greenish.
My sister has almost the same thing, but her eyes are way more awesome: they're blue right on the edges, then they fade to green, and then that fades to gold/brown in the center.

I have the tendancy to look down at the ground while I walk. (My feet are interesting, maybe?)

OptimisticPessimist:

MassiveGeek:

I'm not really short, but I have a tiny body type. My ribcage is rather small, but my breasts are a little bigger than average, so I have a real pain shopping for bras. My size isn't even on the charts. And when I do find bras that fit, they're usually very expensive. :/

Also I have a tendency to forget to breathe when distracted and I forget to relax so I'm sometimes tense without realising it.

I'm sure she's appealing to more than just anime geeks. lol

I have a fast metabolism, so I pretty much can't gain weight, 5'10 and 120 lbs.

I'm also incredibly restless, there are only a few situations where I can stay perfectly still.

And I have bad knees. I'm not entirely sure what's wrong with them, but occasionally one will be sore and stiffen up, causing me to limp. Meanwhile, I'm not even 20.

Cain_Zeros:

I'm also incredibly restless, there are only a few situations where I can stay perfectly still.

And I have bad knees. I'm not entirely sure what's wrong with them, but occasionally one will be sore and stiffen up, causing me to limp. Meanwhile, I'm not even 20.

Don't worry, your metabolism will slow down eventually... I'm 6'00 and weigh 130 lbs and I'm 19, I know someone who was skinny like me then started to gain weight as soon as he hit 20, but he ate taco bell like every day so...

TheWwwizard:

J03bot:

TheWwwizard:
I personally used to have a dip in my chest for a long time that was so deep I could use it as a cup holder me and my friends used to joke about all the stuff we could put in it I ended up having to get surgery for it because it was to the point where it effected my physical health.

I have a hole in my chest (or so people refer to it), too! Although it isn't affecting my day to day life, or anything...

Hmm... My eyes cycle between dark blue and deep grey on a fairly regular basis, I regularly talk to myself and various inanimate objects, next to no weight gain regardless of diet, ridiculous immune system... This would be a long list. I'm slightly odd, and more than a little proud of it!

Yea I always called it a hole too, and apparently it's really common for people who have it to be crazy skinny with the whole no weight gain thing.

The proper name for it is pectus excavatum. And yeah, the skinniness is often associated with it because they're common symptoms of marfan sydrome.

TheWwwizard:

Cain_Zeros:

Don't worry, your metabolism will slow down eventually... I'm 6'00 and weigh 130 lbs and I'm 19, I know someone who was skinny like me then started to gain weight as soon as he hit 20, but he ate taco bell like every day so...

Mine's genetic though. My dad was lighter than me at my age. He did bulk up a fair bit, but then again, he's a heavy duty mechanic...

Icy Lemon:

TheWwwizard:

J03bot:

I have a hole in my chest (or so people refer to it), too! Although it isn't affecting my day to day life, or anything...

Hmm... My eyes cycle between dark blue and deep grey on a fairly regular basis, I regularly talk to myself and various inanimate objects, next to no weight gain regardless of diet, ridiculous immune system... This would be a long list. I'm slightly odd, and more than a little proud of it!

Yea I always called it a hole too, and apparently it's really common for people who have it to be crazy skinny with the whole no weight gain thing.

The proper name for it is pectus excavatum. And yeah, the skinniness is often associated with it because they're common symptoms of marfan sydrome.

couldn't remember what it was called for the life of me xD

TheWwwizard:

Icy Lemon:

TheWwwizard:

couldn't remember what it was called for the life of me xD

I don't know how I found out, but I remember thinking "Oh, so there's a name for it." It sounded cooler than calling it "hole" :P

Despite being 100% hetero (<- guy) I have an effeminate saunter, only pay attention to sports when it's being shoved down my throat by everyone who is mortally offended I'm not following it or when my local team is on, like having medium-long length fingernails (they're useful and I pretend they're my claws :) ), like some "girly songs" and even sing along once in a while (with *ahem* the occasional dance), and actually listen to girls when they want to talk about stuff. There's also the very un-manly retention of fat in my glutes. That one's not my fault >:( but I've gotten used to it. Darn genes. My music tastes are present in pretty much every genre. My demeanour is just all around eccentric.

I get random black hairs on my shoulder, I have an inexplicable bald spot on the end of my ulna at my wrist, my feet splay outwards slightly, I have really low arches (but I don't quite think flat feet), my fingers aren't straight, (I noticed this after I shaved my mustache for the first time in eight years) I have a longish upper lip area, I have a shallow neck slope and my permanent canine teeth came in from the roof of my mouth (which were pulled over gradually via springs). I suspect there may be a shark in my family tree somewhere.

I've got some 'odd' sexual quirks.

I chew very loud.

Pick my nose, as well.

Hmm... Thinks that's all...

I'm finicky about my hands. As in, when I got to the bathroom to take a shit, I will wash my hands before I even sit down to use the commode. Then I wash my hands at least two more times after I'm done.

I have a frequent stutter, and apparently I look at least three years older than I really am.
That's about it.

supersupersuperguy:
I hate having to deal with other people, so I talk and mumble to myself a lot. I also have really long hair for a guy, so much so that I need to tie it up in a ponytail so that it doesn't get in the way.

And all these. Well damn.

My friends at work notice that I eat a lot, yet gain almost no weight. I tap my feet a lot. Sometimes I mumble to myself. I think that's it.

Pirate Kitty:
I've got some 'odd' sexual quirks.

I chew very loud.

Pick my nose, as well.

Hmm... Thinks that's all...

Shit, my grandma always tells me I chew too loud. As for picking the nose, doesn't everyone do that? At least, I think everyone does. That way, I wouldn't feel odd since sometimes I do it.

FolkLikePanda:

Corum1134:
I mumble to myself quite a bit and have crazy looking hair. It bothers a lot of people, but never me.

...are you my secret long lost twin?

That could be a very real possibility.

I honestly do not care what others think of me, so many social norms and procedures are lost on me.
Basically I can and will say what I like when I feel like it unless I feel it will negatively affect me in the long run.
I am nice about it though, I break people into my thoughts and comments, and will not say it out loud if it is going to severely harm another.

Well lets see here; I talk to myself, chew on my fingernails, pace up and down hallways, and crack my knuckles about every 5 to 10 minutes.

i have an afro. and i look white. im actually half black and mexican, but somehow i turned out pale as a snowman, so having a natural afro...perplexes people, to say the least.

Nothing major. I have restless hands. they are rarely, if ever, still especially when I talk and I am deep conversation with someone. I also talk to myself quite a lot, but I am not that loud so it doesn't really bother the people I with because they all know I have a propensity for thinking aloud, especially if it is something I don't initially understand. Going through it and explaining it to myself aids my understanding. I also pace a lot. Drives my flatmates (and my family when I stay with them) up the wall sometimes.

Hmm ok let's see. One of my irises is larger than the other. I constantly tilt my head without realising. I am always biting the inside of my mouth or running my tounge through my teeth. Also, one very annoying thing, I have all four wisdom teeth despite having literally no room in my mouth for them. Not looking forward to the day when they try to break through and I have to have surgery to get them removed.

Have a 3" birthmark on my right arm. I also constantly sing softly / hum when I'm in a good mood (which is 90% of the time), never get sick, am annoyingly tolerant (pisses some of my friends off when I have nothing bad to say about a individual they can't stand). I don't have problems with any of these but it annoys me when I don't know what to do with my hands (pants with no pockets) and my easygoing nature often works against me.

When I'm barefoot I have this strange urge to touch my toes WITH my toes. Uhm it's like wanting to form a fist, just with my toes. It's damn annoying but I can't stop lol.

OptimisticPessimist:

MassiveGeek:

Hahaha, I don't know, my boyfriend isn't THAT big an anime geek.

... Oh wait.

Frotality:
i have an afro. and i look white. im actually half black and mexican, but somehow i turned out pale as a snowman, so having a natural afro...perplexes people, to say the least.

That is completely and utterly awesome. lol

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked