Dog get's shot by police *WARNING* may upset alot of viewers.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

JoJoDeathunter:

bad rider:

JoJoDeathunter:

As a matter of fact, yes, I do think that all dogs that even pose the slightest risk to humans should be destroyed. At the end of the day a dog is a luxury and if it's owners can't keep it under control then it shouldn't be allowed to exist. The dog in this video was possibly a threat, so it had to go. Put simply, I'd rather sacrifice 1000 dogs than let one child be killed by a rabid dog.

In that case lets start some genocide, I'll round up all dogs. Hey, they are all free thinking and therefore can be in a bad mood where they can potentially harm humans. So I'll start here in England, you start where your at, and we'll meet somewhere in Chicago at weeks end. First rounds on me, we'll go get slaughtered after down at a bar and spend the rest of the time high fiveing each other now we've made the world a little safer. Death to all dogs!!!!

To be honest I wouldn't give a monkey's ass if every dog in the world died tomorrow. I find it impossible to care for any creature other than human.

Well then, you are a cold heartless bastard and here are some kittens for you to stare angrily at. image

PS In all honesty I hope that statement is either a rash one made in the heat of the moment, or a joke I'm too simple to understand.

I choose merely to shrug.

There are many many cases where the cops have to shoot dogs. This was not one but if I complained it would contribute to this Disney Land animal mentality people have. The kind of thing that gets cops forbidden from taking steps they have to occasionally take. I defend a cop's right to shoot a dog more than I defend your right to keep you out of control retard mutt running around. Maybe you don't live near the kind of people who have killer pitbulls intentionally trained to be evil fucks but I do.

Besides, I like my dog. Everyone else's dog is a misbehaved mongroloid.

PhiMed:

The dog was not acting fine with the collar on. It was trying to attack, and it was trying to escape. Rabies is not the only reason to shoot a dog. This was a bad outcome, but I don't see anything here that is completely out-of-line. Anything more than a slap on the wrist for something like this is excessive.

Did we watch the same video? Exactly when did the dog try to attack?

As for trying to escape, it was a loose dog being handled by a stranger, how do you expect it to act?

mr_rubino:

xc00l n3rdx:
I haven't watched the videos or read the article because I don't want to see it, but I still think this is disgusting!! Animal cruelty is one of the worst things to ever happen! How can someone do it??? I mean when I look at a dog or any other animal I just melt and want to cuddle it!! These are just pathetic people who obviously can't fight with someone who can defend themselves and they deserve to be tortured!!

I laughed longer than I should have. By that I mean I assume your point wasn't to make a reader laugh at all.

Well that all depends on what part you laughed at. If it was all of it then no you was not meant to laugh!

They had the dog under control before they shot it, there was absolutely no need. If a court decides that the animal does need to be killed it should have been done the proper way (painlessly) through an Anaesthetic overdose at a qualified practice.

Honestly, who gives a shit if the animal runs up and bites the officer? I have had a border collie run up to me in a field and latch onto my leg. It took me at least 20 seconds to pull it off me (i.e. not mortally wounding it in the process), leaving me with a fairly deep cut. I went to get it checked out for infection and that was that. If a 17 year old kid can deal with it then so should a police officer. Really, man up, you fucking moron.

People need to start showing respect for animals.

bad rider:
snip

I would be lying if I said I felt something when I watched the video of the dog being shot, I felt nothing. This may seem "cold" or "heartless" to you, but then from my perpective it seems just as bad to me that you didn't care about that little girl being threatened by the dog. The article apparently said that the dog charged at the child, in which case it deserves to put down straight away. To me the idea that the child could be in danger seems too terrible to imagine doing anything else other than removing that danger.

Was it rabid? If not or did not pose a threat they had no right to shoot it for it was not breaking the rule of clear and present danger.

xc00l n3rdx:

mr_rubino:

xc00l n3rdx:
I haven't watched the videos or read the article because I don't want to see it, but I still think this is disgusting!! Animal cruelty is one of the worst things to ever happen! How can someone do it??? I mean when I look at a dog or any other animal I just melt and want to cuddle it!! These are just pathetic people who obviously can't fight with someone who can defend themselves and they deserve to be tortured!!

I laughed longer than I should have. By that I mean I assume your point wasn't to make a reader laugh at all.

Well that all depends on what part you laughed at. If it was all of it then no you was not meant to laugh!

Saying the police officers deserve to be tortured for shooting a dog is laughable. You're spewing hate on a situation over which you're completely ignorant of the circumstances.

I don't think the police are to be totally blamed. If anything, it's the owner.

xc00l n3rdx:

Wow, so you openly admit that you fail to do any research, and instead go for what your emotions tell you rather then any kind of logical analysis of the situation. Guess what? Your emotions and opinion is absolutely worthless unless you actually try to get as much as the story as possible, rather then just a knee-jerk reaction. You deliberately misinform yourself so that you can feel that you're in the right. You don't have a right to call the police pathetic when you act like that.

JoJoDeathunter:

bad rider:
snip

As someone with a younger sister of about that age, I can confirm that you never want a dog like that near your child. Even if the dog is unlikely to be a threat, it's not worth risking a kid's life to just to give a potentially dangerous dog a chance.

Over protective much. I've been around dogs all my life. Both big ones and smalls ones. Hundreds of dogs that I have met, pat and played with. You know how many have bit me? 1, and I just bit it back. That very dog still lives under the same roof as I. We get along pretty well thank you.

OT: I will not watch that video. I can hardly watch Alien 3 because of the part where the alien pops out of the dogs chest. I just hate it when I see dogs get hurt, real or fictional.

Very unprofessional. Would it have taken a whole lot to call the local pound or someone who could have wrangled the animal? Also if they we're actually looking to rescue the dog they would've tried something less lethal first. Looks to me like to guys who got frustrated and wanted to shoot something. Fuck 'em, they're assholes, sure the dog was a stray, but they had it cornered and could've taken it alive. Couple of lazy ass cowards.

JoJoDeathunter:

bad rider:
snip

I would be lying if I said I felt something when I watched the video of the dog being shot, I felt nothing. This may seem "cold" or "heartless" to you, but then from my perpective it seems just as bad to me that you didn't care about that little girl being threatened by the dog. The article apparently said that the dog charged at the child, in which case it deserves to put down straight away. To me the idea that the child could be in danger seems too terrible to imagine doing anything else other than removing that danger.

Ever had a dog growl at you? It's not that scary, I've seen dogs react badly to children, because children don't associate a dog with danger until it reacts by e.g. Growling. Was the child at danger? Not any more than if I left it in a room with a knife, the dog *speculation incoming* wanted to be left alone, threatened the child and was thus, left alone. The child wasn't at danger, a dog has no reason to kill something that isn't a threat to it.

*Fact incoming* While I can sit here and speculate what happened I guess I'll just take the facts, a child was threatened by a dog, a dog was killed. Between the two, one came far worse off than the other, so forgive me for not seeing the "plight" the poor six year old was put through.

I'm on the fence! I think the dog shouldnt have been shot but I think the police officer had his reasons to shoot the dog! This topic is clearly over!

bad rider:
In that case lets start some genocide, I'll round up all dogs. Hey, they are all free thinking and therefore can be in a bad mood where they can potentially harm humans. So I'll start here in England, you start where your at, and we'll meet somewhere in Chicago at weeks end. First rounds on me, we'll go get slaughtered after down at a bar and spend the rest of the time high fiveing each other now we've made the world a little safer. Death to all dogs!!!!

Please. It isn't that black and white. Officers have to make decisions like this, taking into account whatever variables there are. It isn't like we have to destroy all dogs in the world OR have the world be safe from the vile nature of dogs. As a society, we choose what risks we take, to what degree, and if it is worth taking the risk, and what to do as a contingency.

Virus0015:
Honestly, who gives a shit if the animal runs up and bites the officer? I have had a border collie run up to me in a field and latch onto my leg. It took me at least 20 seconds to pull it off me (i.e. not mortally wounding it in the process), leaving me with a fairly deep cut. I went to get it checked out for infection and that was that. If a 17 year old kid can deal with it then so should a police officer. Really, man up, you fucking moron.

Tell that to these familes then, big man: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_dog_attacks_in_the_United_States#Fatalities_reported_in_2010

And that's just in the United States. And look at the breed of dog... mostly "pit-bull types". Coincidence? Nah, couldn't be!

Diligent:
Hate to burst your bubble here, but the dog pound is not a magic place made of butterflies and roses.
Most strays are killed anyway.

The police definitely had a reason we don't know about and can't infer from the video for killing the dog. Discharging your weapon for any reason as a police officer is a BIG DEAL, and it's not something that most would do on a whim.

I agree with this. The thing suffered maybe 20 seconds. Lethal injection at the shelter would have only been slightly more humane, plus it would have cost people a lot of money.

Pick your battles people, this isn't something to get all worked up about.

Idiots. They were completely unprepared to handle such a situation. They clearly had no idea what they were doing. It was already collared, why did they resort to shooting it? Sigh. However, I'm not completely unsympathetic to the bastards after reading the whole story. They were in the mindset of dealing with a dangerous animal. Since they didn't seem to be aware of how to handle the situation or the equipment used, they acted in a manner they saw fit to keep all parties safe. I do wonder why they didn't get a hold of animal control instead though.

Fatal Impulse:
Look at the way the officer who killed the dog moves after he does the deed, he's clearly angry at something, and if I'd have to guess, he really didn't want to shoot that dog.

This clip is sad, but there's too many things unknown here to make me outraged or upset, if the dog was beaten or dragged to death, that'd be one thing, but here....I don't know man.

This is important to note. Did everyone stop the video as soon as he fired the second shot? He didn't look pleased, or like he just had a good time and killed it for fun.

Let me ask; where was the owner during all of this? If the cop was just doing this to get a hard on, why did he film it? It doesn't add up. I'm not going to make assumptions about it until I can learn more, but I find it funny that everyone else says "don't make assumptions!" and then they try and hang these cops from trees.

If they wanted to torture the animal, they could have, but they didn't. He fired a second shot to put it out of it's misery (we don't know why he fired the first shot).

That being said, we can see that the dog isn't really too aggressive until he has the pole around his neck. At that point, I wouldn't want to be the cop either, but at the same time, the dog was very docile for the most part. But where was the owner? Did he just ditch his dog onto some truck? If it was outside his house, didn't he see the cop cars and go out?

At this point, no one can say they really know anything. For all those questions, we don't have answers, so I won't make judgement either way, but too many people we not reading the officers body language.

xc00l n3rdx:

Dear God... What the hell is wrong with you?

Bleeding heart "animals are more important than people" bullshit and "police are teh evulz!" mentalities are bad enough separate.

Heres somethin' for ya:
I would gladly strangle five stray dogs to death with my bare hands to save one measly human.

chronobreak:

bad rider:

Please. It isn't that black and white. Officers have to make decisions like this, taking into account whatever variables there are. It isn't like we have to destroy all dogs in the world OR have the world be safe from the vile nature of dogs. As a society, we choose what risks we take, to what degree, and if it is worth taking the risk, and what to do as a contingency.

Feel free to read the entire argument I've made. The officer was incompetent and clearly can't handle the dog. Therefore I argue the officer was not suited to take on the task and thus led to this gross mishandling of the situation.

The nature of the response you quoted was a reply to the esteemed gentlemens comment, andto quote the man ", I do think that all dogs that even pose the slightest risk to humans should be destroyed." Thus this is an exaggerated agreement with a statement that I interpreted to be ridiculous. However as many a man has said, sarcasm is difficult to display in text, and, out of context, the idea society must choose what is, and is not, an acceptable risk is indeed a valid and rational response to my fictitious statement. However as I have previously denoted If you read my argument in its entirety you will find that I am actually in agreement with your statement, despite the out of context nature of this reply.

bad rider:

JoJoDeathunter:

bad rider:
snip

Ever had a dog growl at you? It's not that scary, I've seen dogs react badly to children, because children don't associate a dog with danger until it reacts by e.g. Growling. Was the child at danger? Not any more than if I left it in a room with a knife, the dog *speculation incoming* wanted to be left alone, threatened the child and was thus, left alone. The child wasn't at danger, a dog has no reason to kill something that isn't a threat to it.

*Fact incoming* While I can sit here and speculate what happened I guess I'll just take the facts, a child was threatened by a dog, a dog was killed. Between the two one came far worse off than the other, so forgive me for not seeing the plight the poor six year old was put through.

I'm going to bed now so this is pretty much the end of our little debate, but you must understand that I simply do not care about the dog, whereas I do care very much about the child, so therefore even if the dog came off worse I still think the action was justified. It seems incredibly odd to me that you apparently care more about an animal than a human life but *shrug* I guess everyone has different morals.

JoJoDeathunter:

bad rider:

JoJoDeathunter:

*Fact incoming* While I can sit here and speculate what happened I guess I'll just take the facts, a child was threatened by a dog, a dog was killed. Between the two one came far worse off than the other, so forgive me for not seeing the plight the poor six year old was put through.

I'm going to bed now so this is pretty much the end of our little debate, but you must understand that I simply do not care about the dog, whereas I do care very much about the child, so therefore even if the dog came off worse I still think the action was justified. It seems incredibly odd to me that you apparently care more about an animal than a human life but *shrug* I guess everyone has different morals.

I guess this is the end of our debate, I'd feel bad If I didn't get a closing statement so I think I'll answer your question as best I can. I think we both relate this back to ourselves, for you, you have a little sister you care about. You would rather kill a dog then see her hurt. You see this from a third persons perspective, you want to act while it's still a threat to avoid the horror that she could be hurt.
I meanwhile am approaching this from a first person point, I have a dog, that akin to you and your sister, I would go out of my way to protect. I have been brought up with dogs some have been less friendly than others. It is therefore in my mind a certainty that the dog only kills for food and protection, and as I am not their pray, I can only assume the dog would want to protect itself.
So is it worth letting a dog live that only wants to protect itself? Is it wrong to want that dog to be able to defend itself without being put down? I know for me that answer is that not only in both cases is it justifiable, I personally would be at fault for creating a situation wherein a dog would want to protect itself. Therein lies my responsibility to a dog to ensure it was not killed for what is only natural.

That, at a guess, is the crux of our argument. Viewpoint and upbringing, two things neither of us have time to relive to be able to see one anothers point of view except as an idea to be played with, that we cannot accept due to the conflict it would create with our own predispositions. I hope that makes sense, good night.

Woodsey:
You doubt it, you don't know it.

A 6 minute (silent) clip posted by a user in support of people who fight animal cruelty (a noble cause admittedly), with no context given, in the middle of a street in broad daylight - with several officers around.

It's not exactly convincing me yet. Don't get me wrong, I don't want the animal shot and I'd much rather it hadn't been, but forgive me for not simply assuming that a group of police officers are so vindictive as to kill a harmless animal.

My feelings exactly. I'm getting tired of these videos being posted randomly with such provoking titles and info-less videos of something happening. It's almost as if they wish for large numbers of people replying to the thread for some badge for their profile, but whatever.

Anyways, too little info to accurately judge. Also I like how the first person to state that the video had too little of info was put on probation. Nice.

EDIT: Am I reading correctly that the dog was causing trouble with a little kid? Then I see no reason why the police are such "bad people" here. It's always the polices fault these days, huh? There are corrupt cops and times when they do bad things, but it appears that people try to find any excuse they can to show them in negative light.

Pirate Kitty:

arc1991:
SNIP

More videos on the internet? What stunning proof of the officer's inhumanity.

I saw a video of an alien the other day on the net. I guess aliens are real. Bug Foot, too.

BUG FOOT WOOT! i'm not watching the vid

Fucking wastes of space,those cops are. Poor Dog.

I love all the people on those videos saying "fuck the cops". I really hope they run into a situation where they need the police so they can turn around and beg the people they spit on for help.

This ALWAYS happens when people jump to conclusions and don't know the whole story. Like when a black man was shot several times and they called it racism, and police brutality. When you watch the video the guy is on some kind of drug and just beating several officers down BY HIMSELF and it took SEVERAL bullets to get him to stop! That's called scary as hell and if I were in the same situation I'd have fired out of fear of getting my skull stomped in.

I'm one of those oddballs who sees my own dogs at least as above anyone else, so in order of importance I have Family, Dogs, Friends > random people I've never met and don't give a shit about, so to watch this video really angered me.

That's not to say I don't understand that sometimes dogs or other animals have to be put down, if my dogs bit a child I would have to grudgingly accept that there wouldn't be anything I can do, and that the child is an idiot.

It's the way it was put down that bothered me, fuck me, they had to shoot it twice?! If anyone has a dog or has owned one, you know how they know they've done something wrong when the head goes down and the tail starts wagging. To see that dog laying there, in pain, tail beating the ground tore at my heart. Then the cop waits before shooting again, wtf? If you can see it's still alive, double tap!

All I saw was a scared, confused animal get shot because it got provoked. Then again, it's in America, where the main way of dealing with a threat is to neutralize it with any force. You do the same to people seen as a threat so at least you are consistent.

arc1991:
I honestly do not believe these policeman, according to a site i originally found the video on, the police shot it because it was a threat to them...yeh, whatever. The dog is not a threat whatsoever, sure it looks like it doesn't want to be caught, but that's completely normal in a seemingly stray dog.

The video is quite long...the dog first gets shot at 5:30, then again just a little bit after.

This video has really angered me and i hope they got fired :@

Your thoughts?

This is a video showing the dog before he got shot. The cops walk up to and pet the dog without being threatened

Thank you to Kukakkau for posting this.

http://www.hannibal.net/news/x1600620381/LaGrange-dog-owner-vows-to-fight-for-law-changes

Then their is this article for the people who need even MORE proof -.- Thanks to mindlesspuppet for posting this.

meh... I feel like the officers were following a law or there was an underlying issue that isn't apparent in the video. I'm not saying that it was right, per se, but I'd be willing to give the officers the benefit of the doubt.

At the end of the day, it was just a dog.

ITT: 2 types of people

1. I luv dogs! <3 HOW DARE THEY HURT AN ANIMAL! (half the people + 1 mod)

2. I don't have all the evidence to draw a conclusion, nor to condone or condemn, but surly they must of had some other motive other than to act like Hitler on camera. Regardless I would never tolerate inhumane activity and thus it is my duty to investigate matters such as this further before I reach a conclusion. Maybe I will reach an understand with other people in this thread. (half the people + PirateKitty)

Embright:
ITT: 2 types of people

1. I luv dogs! <3 HOW DARE THEY HURT AN ANIMAL! (half the people + 1 mod)

2. I don't have all the evidence to draw a conclusion, nor to condone or condemn, but surly they must of had some other motive other than to act like Hitler on camera. Regardless I would never tolerate inhumane activity and thus it is my duty to investigate matters such as this further before I reach a conclusion. Maybe I will reach an understand with other people in this thread. (half the people + PirateKitty)

You forgot 3. If a dog so much as looks at you funny KILL IT WITH FIRE.

And oddly enough, 4. Rapists deserve to be killed (don't know how that came up)

Pariah87:

It's the way it was put down that bothered me, fuck me, they had to shoot it twice?! If anyone has a dog or has owned one, you know how they know they've done something wrong when the head goes down and the tail starts wagging. To see that dog laying there, in pain, tail beating the ground tore at my heart. Then the cop waits before shooting again, wtf? If you can see it's still alive, double tap!

All I saw was a scared, confused animal get shot because it got provoked. Then again, it's in America, where the main way of dealing with a threat is to neutralize it with any force. You do the same to people seen as a threat so at least you are consistent.

You've never shot an animal have you? You have no idea what a bullet actually does to a body. Trust me, that dog was as good as dead after the first shot, it was only adrenaline keeping it alive. The second shot was mercy. Now as odd as it may sound you can shoot a deer with a hollowpoint right through the heart and it'll run off. To be honest that dog will probably not have had an immediate reaction that would show it was going to die.

He was probably examining the animal and seeing if he could save it before shooting again. But at that range that animal would've been...well. Now since there's no audio he could ahve been doing anything. Might have even been saying he was sorry.

Pirate Kitty:

Woodsey:
You doubt it, you don't know it.

A 6 minute (silent) clip posted by a user in support of people who fight animal cruelty (a noble cause admittedly), with no context given, in the middle of a street in broad daylight - with several officers around.

It's not exactly convincing me yet. Don't get me wrong, I don't want the animal shot and I'd much rather it hadn't been, but forgive me for not simply assuming that a group of police officers are so vindictive as to kill a harmless animal.

Exactly.

Assumptions based on internet comments? No thank you.

Snarky Username:
It's like you're assuming that just because he's a serial rapist automatically makes it ok to murder him...

Rapists deserve to be murdered. They forfeit their right to life.

And with that said, I'm glad you do not nor shall ever have any sort of authority or commanding power.

No law can be arbitrary, no sentence should be greater than the crime committed, no one man should dictate when and how another man's life comes to an end. Clamor for the willful and unnecessary death of a man and you're no better than the criminal.

Pariah87:
I'm one of those oddballs who sees my own dogs at least as above anyone else, so in order of importance I have Family, Dogs, Friends > random people I've never met and don't give a shit about, so to watch this video really angered me.

That's not to say I don't understand that sometimes dogs or other animals have to be put down, if my dogs bit a child I would have to grudgingly accept that there wouldn't be anything I can do, and that the child is an idiot.

I with you here, I have lived with and around dogs my entire life and they have their own personalities and feelings. My family treats our dogs like family. I don't think the dog deserved to be shot even if it did charge a child, there is a good chance that child was acting stupid and put himself/herself in the position to be charged by the dog. This whole scene makes these cops look incompetent. They couldn't even restrain an already restrained animal that was more scared of them than anything. I don't hate cops or law enforcement, but this incident does not raise my respect for them in some situations. Shooting the dog seems like a bad call in this case, but it would probably be put down anyhow.

http://www.hannibal.net/news/x1600620381/LaGrange-dog-owner-vows-to-fight-for-law-changes

After reading that article it sounds like this dog was the victim of an asshole owner who has no business owning dogs. If this douche took any time at all to train his dogs they would be less likely to do this.

I have a pitbull, I got her from the animal shelter, she was one of a group that was rescued from people who used them as fighting dogs. She is not aggressive, does not unwantonly attack people or other animals. She does not chase kids, charge them or otherwise. Kids that have been around her find her to be a sweetheart and love to play with them, especially tug of war. It is a bit depressing that a good deal of adults and children who have met her are instantly afraid of her simply because of her breed and worse to think that breeds get a bad name because of asshole people who raise asshole dogs.

Yeah, the part where the dog was shot and laying there wagging it's tail got to me.

DJJ66:

No law can be arbitrary, no sentence should be greater than the crime committed, no one man should dictate when and how another man's life comes to an end. Clamor for the willful and unnecessary death of a man and you're no better than the criminal.

Not entirely sure, but are you quoting the Hedonistic Principle, where the pain of a punishment must outweigh the pleasure of the crime, but not to an extreme or it loses all its effectiveness?

Pariah87:

Read the news report, he shot it in the head to put it out of its misery.

edited out

edited out

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked