Valentines Day

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

It should be made law that desperation day always falls on a Friday/Saturday..
But since it's a Monday I'll probably do nothing. Make myself a nice dinner and have myself a really nice evening, and when some girl inevitably asks what I did, I'll make them secretly wish I had asked them to join me.

suitepee7:
errr the day before me n my girlfriend are going out for a meal, on the day itself probably just see each other n spend some time together, and later in the week we're going london (camden specifically) for a lil shopping trip ^^

also, good luck OP!!

Thanks! London sounds awesome! Have fun.

Zeithri:
Being extra emotional and feeling lonely I expect.

Yup, basically my plan.

As for stories, well I do have a friend who was turned down when he confessed to the girl he liked on Valentine's day a few years ago...

I don't know, i think i'll watch Apocalypse now, Shutter island or some Kubrick films. Then finish off with some violent video game action, fallout 3 or new vegas.
Wait i know what i'll be doind now, i'll be working on coursework YAY.
Hmmm maybe its time to get more whisky for my flask.

As always, i don't give a crap and probably realise that its over again some days later.
Neither me nor my gf ever thought that day is needed or has any sense at all.

I have a dental appointment after school, hurray for fillings >.<

Unsure.... either goes through it like any other normal day because I'll simply forget about it anyway, or be different this year and take couple shot alone listening to "I drink alone"... Probably the former.

Hating all my friends in relationships? I dont know, i havent actually gotten anything on valintines day since the 4th grade so I mostly stoped caring about it...still hate it though

I'll probably spend some time listening to the Linkin Park song. Then watching 500 Days Of Summer alone in my flat, eating chocolate and ice cream while my two female flatmates are out on romantic dates with their respective boyfriends. And yes, I am a straight male, regardless of my apparent girly tendencies in doing the aforementioned actions. I think it's pretty damn unlikely, after all, that I'll find a girl who I like enough to ask out (and have the courage to do so) within the next fortnight... :P.

I'll probably go to school, then come home! Wow, another day in the life of your average 16 year old.
Oh, also, I shall be receiving the wonderful gift of Dead Space 2 from my girlfriend!
I got her a large cuddly toy and a far smaller necklace.

MiracleOfSound:
Screw Valentine's day.

I'm romantic to my lady every day.

Basically this, just going to be a little extra romantic then. I'll probably make something for her.

Unless by some miracle I meet a girl who I find attractive and finds me attractive and I have the confidence to ask her out, I'll probably spend it not giving a shit.

Having a semester exam -.- ...

I plan on turning 19 and eating tacos. Other than that, I got nothing.

I know, it's a pitiful plan for someone born on Valentines Day, but it doesn't really mean anything to me (other than getting some chocolate with the birthday presents) since I still don't have a boyfriend. I really thought that by now I'd have one but then again, I also planed on having a job at this point.

Julianking93:
Nothing planned. I am happy though that this will be my first Valentine's Day when I actually have a valentine <3

Hey, me too! I won't get to see her this Valentine's day, but that's ok.

Valentine's Day is weird... primarily because one of my friends has a birthday on the day of, which means he gets all mopey and depressed - both for being alone and because he's nearly 30 - so it's usually our collective job to make him feel better about himself. it's lame, but really it beats spending money.

RobotNinja:

Julianking93:
Nothing planned. I am happy though that this will be my first Valentine's Day when I actually have a valentine <3

Hey, me too! I won't get to see her this Valentine's day, but that's ok.

Same here, actually. Won't get to see her, but I'll get to at least talk to her ^-^

Spend it (hopefully) with my girlfriend it's her choice for the date

Well my good friend knows I like her, but she is scheduled to work that day.

We'll see.

I might do something awesomely romantic depending on what day it lands on.

And on an unrelated note, does anyone know anything awesomely romantic to do? Its been way to long since I've had a relationship.

Unless I somehow meet someone before then, get over my crippling shyness and social anxiety, and then ask them out, I'll be sitting right here outwardly laughing at those who celebrate the day whilst inwardly wishing I could too.

There will be mass amounts of chocolate involved.

Valentine's day is my wife birthday, also our anniversary and the day we met. It'll be our 10 year wedding anniversary so it's a pretty special one. Not going into detail since she lurks here...

I will be going to school handing out stupid little love note from people lovers to them in class. Seeing as i have no choice cause I am in student counicl and have to do it. then after 9 hours of that i will be going home eatting and sleepin with a little movie or internet somewere between eatting and sleeping. ^^ oh and maybe walk the strip in Las vegas xD

Amazon warrior:
Go to work. Go to the gym. Spend the evening playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Because nothing says Valentine's Day to me like gut-wrenching terror, instants of pure panic and weeping alone in the dark. ;)

You need to add that brilliant definition to last week's What Is Love, really? thread. You just gave me the kick I need to finally start that game.

OP: My boyfriend and I just broke up. This will be my first Valentine's Day alone in a long time. No red roses or a Godiva Truffle waiting for me when I get home from work.

Also, tracking every Valentine thread, tracking its creator and killing his puppy.

Probably cry a little, watch some Bridget Jones, eat some Hagen-Daz.

Or, y'know, not give a shit.

Wonder why I'm such a unloveable freakish loser?

Ill be alone. I think I work the 14th anyway. :(

Zeithri:
Being extra emotional and feeling lonely I expect.

Don't do that, instead of moping about, just indulge yourself in things you love.
For example im starting the day with a fry up, then i plan to meet my best friend (whos also currently single) to watch something terrible and laugh at it in the cinema, and then off home to play mindless videogames with very nice pre made lasagne.

I've spent too many V-days like the one you described to not try and spread the self indulgent solution to as many souls as possible.

olfelix:
Valentine's day is my wife birthday, also our anniversary and the day we met. It'll be our 10 year wedding anniversary so it's a pretty special one. Not going into detail since she lurks here...

i don't think "lurks" is a choice word to say about a spouse

I don't see the point in Valentines day. Just one day of the year to show your love to your partner? Nooo. Still, if my man gave me a hug box of chocolates, I won't turn them away :P
There's a Simon Pegg movie out that day we want to see... but we're going to an expo a few days after so we probably can't afford it.

Julianking93:

Me too! Except she's leaving on a trip to China in the early morning :( So we're having a party one day early, and the actual February 14th will probably be spent with my single friends playing RISK. Oh yes

ham and red bull:

FamoFunk:
So, what crap is everyone buying the other-half/love of your life at the moment?

mind if I steal that for the op?

I'm late, but pleasure lol!

Also, I'm not getting anything for anyone. I will not stop people buying for me, though ;)

Likely I am going to be not giving a damn.

Also ruining all the sex people plan to have. That's going to be fun.

probably the usual, baking a cake! ^^

gonna get her a gift or two but no detail as she reads all of my posts..

coincidentally the 14th is our 21-monthaversary so YaY <3

Valentine's Day for couple: It's that holiday you celebrate your couple (because your mariage and the day you started dating ain't enough).

Valentine's day for the rest of us: It's another day, except your friends with a girlfriend/boyfriend are occupied.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked