Valentines Day

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Thats what I think

bahumat42:

Zeithri:
Being extra emotional and feeling lonely I expect.

Don't do that, instead of moping about, just indulge yourself in things you love.
For example im starting the day with a fry up, then i plan to meet my best friend (whos also currently single) to watch something terrible and laugh at it in the cinema, and then off home to play mindless videogames with very nice pre made lasagne.

I've spent too many V-days like the one you described to not try and spread the self indulgent solution to as many souls as possible.

No thank you.
I think I'll prefer spending this otherwise rather pointless day by crying the majority of the day if possible.
Don't get me wrong though, I love crying and I've never been a fan of V-day.

I wouldn't mind being courted on that day though.

Being sad with the hope that this will be my last valentine alone, this is 0-21.

Ooh well good luck and have fun :)

I'm going to a big family party on the 12th but usually me and my partner just do little things, flowers and chocolates and a takeaway with a movie.

Everyone have a great Valentine's day!

P.S Excellent LP song choice above!

valentine's day is a monday, so i'm probably working. but the place where i work is next to a florist, so my sweetheart is probably getting flowers. :)

ham and red bull:

FamoFunk:
Ohh, good luck!

V-Day is on a Monday so nothing can be donw due to work etc. I went to the cinema last year, was a good excuse to see something I wanted.

I might try the same trick this year, if someone comes :(

Thanks dude!
I completely forgot about school, damn! Who has two thumbs and is skipping the 8th and 9th class?

and... of course I!

Then you'll realize that there are people all around you that are more experienced and might or might not be more doucebags.
But gratz!
Just don't get cocky.

Now Valentines day has always been a bit strange for me, my enemy's girlfriend always sends me a love card and I spend it alone with Tchaikovsky in my ears.
I'm going to break that tradition this year and switch to Grieg.

I dunno what I'm going to do... Maybe ask this one girl, I kinda fancy, out, maybe put a note in her backpack... I have lots of ideas, and if they work out this may be my first real Valentines Day.
Not due to not being lucky with the other gender, but due to my lack of interest, dunno why, but recently I a, becoming more and more, uhhmm... driven, sexually. Probably bout that time, eh?

I won't do anything in particular for the theme. Just a day as any other. I'll probably even forget about it.

I am giving my girlfriend a plushy slug. They're called Hug-a-Slugs. It's hand made in both of our favorite colors. I think she'll love it. and we'll probably go out that day, or that weekend if it's a weekday. I don't know where we'll go, probably dinner.

My birthday is on the 13th. I'm so glad I wasn't born a day later, or there'd be my baby picture along with all the others who were born on valentine's day in the local newsletter. Anyway, I'll probably be doing something birthday related, or go shooting.

Sinclose:
I'll just treat like any other day. I don't care much about Valentine, because I have no reason to celebrate it. Hopefully though I won't have to go out that day to see what my peers are upto...

MiracleOfSound:
Screw Valentine's day.

I'm romantic to my lady every day.

And that, folks, is the way it should be.

Agreed.
For me, its an excuse to guilt trip the couples around me, troll excessively, and avoid the general public.
Iono, I might just buy a bottle of wine and watch Birdy: The Mighty from start to finish? /shrug

I'll be at work, probably won't observe it much.

Think i got tricked into agreeing to cook dinner for my girlfriend, so it'll be a disaster!
Still i reckon i'll have a laugh :D

3AM:

Amazon warrior:
Go to work. Go to the gym. Spend the evening playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Because nothing says Valentine's Day to me like gut-wrenching terror, instants of pure panic and weeping alone in the dark. ;)

You need to add that brilliant definition to last week's What Is Love, really? thread. You just gave me the kick I need to finally start that game.

OP: My boyfriend and I just broke up. This will be my first Valentine's Day alone in a long time. No red roses or a Godiva Truffle waiting for me when I get home from work.

Always glad to be of service!

I split up with my last boyfriend eight months ago. We were "together" for six and a half years (long-distance relationship, long story, long slow painful demise). He sucked* at romance though, so in fact this year's V-day is going to be a lot like last year's, except with no crappy token-gesture card. I spent last year's V-day alone and playing computer games. And like the year before that. And probably the year before that too, if I could remember back that far.

*And, let's be honest, probably still sucks. Period.

I'm hoping to go get some sea food with the old ball and chain. I'm getting him running gear since he's gearing up for a half marathon. Beats last year, we were moving from temp housing to our apartment. He didn't remember until probably 8 that night. Not that I cared or anything, but seeing as how we had been married for barely over a month at that point you would think we would still be all sickeningly sweet or something.

I'm going to have a long talk with my gf after sending her a card and a funny Valentine's dog thing that sings. You'd have to know us to understand why that's funny, but I know she'll open it and say, "Of course he would send me something like this." and call me to say so. XD

Shut up, Valentine's day doesn't exist. If it did, I wouldn't want to live with a 21st year in a row spending it alone. Shut the hell up.

Wasn't there a massacre this month? Let's celebrate that instead. It's less depressing.

Most likely get some flowers, chocs and other gifts for the missus and then after she's finished work go to a local Indian she likes. We might do something on the Sunday as well if she's off work.

Blissfully ignore it like i did for the last 20 years probably stay inside and study and maybe down myself in alcohol to soothe the pain because being single not by choice abd being around happy couples would destroy me.

I can't say I care too much for Valentines Day. I'm okay with Romance, but all this red pink gooey stuff lining the walls sickens me for some reason. Too mushy.

I'm going to be spending it with my boyfriend of course. :))

He booked us a reservation to this really nice restaurant and I'm going to be his all night. :3

I'm flying over to England on the 11th, I'll land on the 12th and I'm going to be with him for our 2 year anniversary as well. <3

buy a card and present for my fiance, pray he cooks the dinner (or might get a "valentine take-out from the Chinese lol).... then snuggle in bed for some fun time ;)

buy a card and present for my fiance, pray he cooks the dinner (or might get a "valentine take-out from the Chinese lol).... then snuggle in bed for some fun time ;)

Raging at everyone I live with for the fact that they have girlfriends and I don't, I think. Or just avoiding them so as not to unleash rage. That might be better.

Probably going to crash and burn that day with the potential lady-friend that day, but eh. No shame in trying.

(Lotsa shame in failing though.)

Valentines Day is nothing but a glorified one night stand, utterly pointless.

Well, hmmm. I did get a happy valentines day text from a girl i have a feeling likes me (this may have been confirmed by another girl who was her friend complaining about how every time a boy she likes has a major hint dropped by a another person that she likes them she starts assuring them she's gay out of fear of rejection. She shouldn't fear rejection when ALOT of boys like her! Note that she was doing all this when she invited me to sit beside her and got teased for doing so.) last valentines day, i may send her one this year. that's be a nice turnaround wouldn't it? Do you think she does like me, though?

Oh yeah, and to the guy who mad ethis thread, good luck, hope it goes well.

I'm going to be at work on my supposed day off.

Other than that not much but I will be laughing at the couples who feel obligated to go out for a meal and have to pay more than usual.

I've got my shift covered so that I can spend time with my fiance. We are going to watch a movie together, I'm going to order pizza and she is going to buy a giant cookie (the size of a pizza) for us to share.

Gift wise I've bought her a book of shakespeare sonnets, a very pretty glass trinket box and a silver necklace in the shape of a heart with forget me not blue flowers in it. To go with the necklace I wrote a poem called "Forget me not"

I tend to get carried away a bit...

Sinclose:
I'll just treat like any other day. I don't care much about Valentine, because I have no reason to celebrate it. Hopefully though I won't have to go out that day to see what my peers are upto...

MiracleOfSound:
Screw Valentine's day.

I'm romantic to my lady every day.

And that, folks, is the way it should be.

You're right, I'm guilty of this myself, I'm good at special days but I need to be better on the normal days. When I am romantic I tend to do it with cute messages or pictures (I once wrote "I love you" in shaving foam on my bathroom mirror, took a photo of it with my phone and sent it to her.

I'm going to be asking out a girl I know out, hoping for a yes ;-)

Get up, go to work, go to my drama rehersal, go to bed.

I never liked the idea of valentines day.

PrototypeC:
Shut up, Valentine's day doesn't exist. If it did, I wouldn't want to live with a 21st year in a row spending it alone. Shut the hell up.

Wasn't there a massacre this month? Let's celebrate that instead. It's less depressing.

Its just a commercial thing, chin up :)

Hopefully, I won't be single by then, but if I am, I'll probably spend it moping about, hating all the happy couples.
Yeah, I'm a bitter sonuvabitch sometimes.

It's a monday, so I'm just going to dance lessons like every monday evening. The only real difference is that some of us have decided to dress up nice, which I am totally for.

Okay, fine! I'll admit it was kind of my idea. Look, I've had a tuxedo for 3 years and have only ever had the oppoprtunity to wear it once and I want to wear my damn tux, allright? Fortunately, all the ladies love dressing up, so almost as soon as I suggested it, it became official.

No s.o. and not buying anything, though. Been a long time since I've felt that way about anybody.

I'll probably be sitting in my room in the dark drinking Mountain Dew and playing Counter Strike while ignoring texts from my boyfriend saying "hay babe lets go out tonite"

-.-

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked