If you were to get a tattoo...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

I plan to get a tattoo of an eagle and the text "And this bird you cannot change..." beneath it. Problem is that I doubt my shoulder is wide enough to fit that.

Even made an awesome picture of it a while ago;

bahumat42:
is pretty damn cool

although id rather go for something like
although use the thumbs up as a seperate logo on the other shoulder probably

Those are pretty fucking awesome! Great ode to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!

I've already got three. I've got the crest of hyrule on my left shoulder blade, Jack Sparrow's swallow tattoo on my chest and a half sleeve on my left arm
My tattoos:

Tdc2182:
Just throwing this out there; You don't want a tattoo that is based off video games/movie/television etc.

Why not?

Just got this done a week ago :x its all creamed up in this photo as it was freshly done :) just below collar bone

I have two: a purple lily on my spine, and a kanji dragonfly on my right bicep.

should be (if the universe doesn't fuck me over again) getting the lyrics "You're a law unto yourself, and we don't suffer dreamers, but neither should you walk the earth alone" from Open Arms, by Elbow, on May 7th (my b'day ^_^). I want it down my left forearm, but that may be problematic for jobs, so maybe under my dragonfly.

want: comedy and tragedy masks (really either side of my neck), probably on my upper left bicep , and i really want one of the old fashioned mics with "I am the mountain, i am the sea, you can't take that away with me" (jeez I love me some Biffy ^_^) on my left bicep also.

and this:

because Mike Lunsford is a legend and did me a beautiful commission. She'd go on my right calf. Oh to be rich enough to afford them all/have a job where I can proudly display them as much as I like.

DanielBrown:
I plan to get a tattoo of an eagle and the text "And this bird you cannot change..." beneath it. Problem is that I doubt my shoulder is wide enough to fit that.

Even made an awesome picture of it a while ago;

Ack, why must the images always hate me?

if thats the image you mean im quite dissapointed at having gone to the effort of fixing it for you

probably something like this, but without the text.
Just the round logo.

TipsyPeaches:
I have two: a purple lily on my spine, and a kanji dragonfly on my right bicep.

should be (if the universe doesn't fuck me over again) getting the lyrics "You're a law unto yourself, and we don't suffer dreamers, but neither should you walk the earth alone" from Open Arms, by Elbow, on May 7th (my b'day ^_^). I want it down my left forearm, but that may be problematic for jobs, so maybe under my dragonfly.

want: comedy and tragedy masks (really either side of my neck), probably on my upper left bicep , and i really want one of the old fashioned mics with "I am the mountain, i am the sea, you can't take that away with me" (jeez I love me some Biffy ^_^) on my left bicep also.

and this:

because Mike Lunsford is a legend and did me a beautiful commission. She'd go on my right calf. Oh to be rich enough to afford them all/have a job where I can proudly display them as much as I like.

*fixed*

god people learn to image dump properly :p if it doesn't have .jpg .png or some other image file on the end its not going to work :p

*edit* that pic looks quite complex to fit into a tattoo, good luck with that

If I were to get a tattoo, I would get one of a dolphin on my arm because dolphins are the friends of the ocean and are smarter than a six year old child.

In all seriousness, I would probably just get my current tattoo retouched. It's a perfect square, one centimetre per side, located near my right elbow.
One of the lines is slightly fainter than the rest, but it's not something I lose sleep over.

Edit: Maybe a diagram of a carbon atom. But that has far too much meaning.

Already got one, a simple star on my leg, gonna get Mario & Luigi on my arm next week.

bahumat42:

if thats the image you mean im quite dissapointed at having gone to the effort of fixing it for you

What, you don't think it's beautiful?!
Thanks. :)

"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them"
On my right shoulder because I am a huge literature nerd and LotR is one my favorite books of all time.

Plan on getting on either an Ouroboros or "Chaos" in kanji (or whatever is closest to chaos"

bahumat42:

You haven't seen many tattoos have you?

TheComedown:

bahumat42:

i'v seen plenty, im just saying the more complex you make them the less chance they come out looking good.

One man: Batman.

bahumat42:

TheComedown:

bahumat42:

i'v seen plenty, im just saying the more complex you make them the less chance they come out looking good.

Not always, provided you have a decent artist, even then there is more detail in the tattoo posted earlier of The Hitchhiker's Guide thing then there is in that cartoon.

TheComedown:

bahumat42:

TheComedown:

Not always, provided you have a decent artist, even then there is more detail in the tattoo posted earlier of The Hitchhiker's Guide thing then there is in that cartoon.

oh yeah but it was a generalized statement. Due to the fact theres more room for errors. And if i'm getting something on my sking i want to minimise that risk ^^.

best of luck.

bahumat42:

TheComedown:

bahumat42:

It's cool, I have big calves, the ONE good thing that came from years of playing rugby and hockey ^_^

p.s. ta for fixing the link.

bahumat42:
oh yeah but it was a generalized statement. Due to the fact theres more room for errors. And if i'm getting something on my sking i want to minimise that risk ^^.

best of luck.

I would not sacrifice a cool design by simplifying it just on the off chance that you where stupid enough to get some shit house artist to do it.

Best of luck? What? It's not my design, I think it would make a shit tattoo, but it still wouldn't nearly be as complicated as you think.

TheComedown:

Tdc2182:
Just throwing this out there; You don't want a tattoo that is based off video games/movie/television etc.

Why not?

well unless its truly timeless you may end up regretting it.

TheComedown:

bahumat42:

best of luck.

I would not sacrifice a cool design by simplifying it just on the off chance that you where stupid enough to get some shit house artist to do it.

Best of luck? What? It's not my design, I think it would make a shit tattoo, but it still wouldn't nearly be as complicated as you think.

i assumed the person who was quoting me was the person who i quoted. primarily because im tired. Its not thats its too complicated its just that its more complicated than some designs, and the simpler the design is the less chance somebody buggers it up.

I'm covered in tat's my only gaming/film related one is the Alliance StarBird at the top of my spine
no pic to show so heres a link for those that don't know what I'm taking about
http://redirectingat.com/?id=12593X700933&xs=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.wikia.com%2Fstarwars%2Fimages%2F7%2F71%2FRedstarbird.svg&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fstarwars.wikia.com%2Fwiki%2FAlliance_Starbird

bahumat42:

What is truly timeless for one person is not timeless for another. Ask you're parents about some TV shows that they think to be timeless you would be lucky to have heard of half of them, let alone seen any of them. If you know what it means to you then get it, otherwise chew on a cheese grater.

bahumat42:
i assumed the person who was quoting me was the person who i quoted. primarily because im tired. Its not thats its too complicated its just that its more complicated than some designs, and the simpler the design is the less chance somebody buggers it up.

Don't make assumptions, you only make yourself look the fool. If its not too complicated then what the fuck are you talking about? Yeah there are less complicated and yes there are more complicated, what the fuck does it matter? It's why you don't get some dilweed on the side of the road to do it. I really don't see your point, or understand why you keep saying the same thing over and over again, it still doesn't make any sense.

If I do it will be a full back tattoo. The most important thing is that it doesn't mean anything. Aesthetic appeal is paramount here. Sure I might think Half-Life and God-Will-Judge-Me is cool now, but who knows twenty years from now? Yeah, I'm going for something that just looks sweet. Maybe a Golden Eagle swooping in for the kill. Naw. Maybe an intricate design I've done myself. Naw, I'm not artistic enough. Well. I'll figure it out. As long as it doesn't "mean" anything.

TheComedown:

bahumat42:

What is truly timeless for one person is not timeless for another. Ask you're parents about some TV shows that they think to be timeless you would be lucky to have heard of half of them, let alone seen any of them. If you know what it means to you then get it, otherwise chew on a cheese grater.

bahumat42:

Don't make assumptions, you only make yourself look the fool. If its not too complicated then what the fuck are you talking about? Yeah there are less complicated and yes there are more complicated, what the fuck does it matter? It's why you don't get some dilweed on the side of the road to do it. I really don't see your point, or understand why you keep saying the same thing over and over again, it still doesn't make any sense.

even pro's mess things up from time to time. And to ignore the risks of something thats going to stay with you your whole life is your call. I'd rather have something that had less chance of sucking, because i see everything as a chance of what can go wrong and minimizing the risk.

And often a simple image can be far more recognisable and meaningful because of that.

You seem rather angry for what should be a civil internet discussion.

i have one tattoo, on my right arm, its a combination of old norse and anglosaxon runes, translating as gunir, tattooed to look like stone!

I'm putting the three drop symbol for fire on my back directly behind the heart, with additional "drops" for each tally that it represents. Odds are that, by the time I die, it will cover my entire body...

Got four of 'em. my favorite's a mushroom on my foot so i have a good trip where ever i go

something along the lines of my avatar, or maybe some penny arcade Pac-Man thing.

Meh, I have 9.

If everything goes as plan, I'm getting another this weekend.

I'd love some Gallifreyan script. Not Old High Gallifreyan, but the 'modern' Gallifreyand with the circles and hexagons, maybe worked into a design with the seal of Rassilon.
I've seen Dalek tattoos and TARDIS tattoos, but they look really cheap and unimaginative to me. I'd rather something that reflects the aesthetics of Doctor Who that I love so much. Or some simple 'Don't Panic' logo would be fairly nice :)

In terms of video games, it would have to be a sketchy-style image of the assassin's symbol from Assassin's Creed, probably on my back just below the neck, right in the center.

And finally some French quote from Les Miserables, probably on my hip or the back of my shoulder, because Victor Hugo is the only reason I still love Paris.

bahumat42:
even pro's mess things up from time to time. And to ignore the risks of something thats going to stay with you your whole life is your call. I'd rather have something that had less chance of sucking, because i see everything as a chance of what can go wrong and minimizing the risk.

And often a simple image can be far more recognisable and meaningful because of that.

A) "civil internet" HA! welcome to the internet

B) It would be a discussion if it was actually going anywhere instead of you just saying the same thing over and over and over again. Fuck it's like talking to a wall.

It's clear you don't fully grasp tattoos and that you've never got one and probably never will.

Should he not have gotten that done just cause there was a chance that it could have gone wrong? It is an amazing piece of work.

Life is not about worrying what could go wrong, it's about living.

Now unless you having something new to say I will ask you kindly to go chew on a cheese grater.

Something by Alphonse Mucha, probably Medee.

TheComedown:

bahumat42:

A) "civil internet" HA! welcome to the internet

B) It would be a discussion if it was actually going anywhere instead of you just saying the same thing over and over and over again. Fuck it's like talking to a wall.

It's clear you don't fully grasp tattoos and that you've never got one and probably never will.

Should he not have gotten that done just cause there was a chance that it could have gone wrong? It is an amazing piece of work.

Life is not about worrying what could go wrong, it's about living.

Now unless you having something new to say I will ask you kindly to go chew on a cheese grater.

Im not saying people shouldn't do it
im saying its risk vs reward
and to me doing anything overly complicated is to much of a risk for what only ammounts to a small reward. especially if something simpley can convey the vary same thing with less risk.

And how is worrying a bad thing? if people didn't worry we wouldn't be able to skydive basejump snowboard bungee jump surf banana boat kiteboard as effectively and relatively harmlessly as we can nowadays.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked