So you decided to go to war with Wizards

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Stuff happens, the wizards from Harry Potter are real, and war has begun.
You can use whatever you can think of against them in this war, an army of polar bear cavalry, a chaingun, ninjas, special ops teams to do hit and away tactics, nano suits, giant robots that chicks dig, anything at your imagination/disposal.

Also, guns work in magical areas. Cause really, they are not electrical or anything, except for their additional parts that are. So really, I'm pretty sure someone could have used a gun at Hogwarts.

So, what would you use, why and how well do you think you will do?

Me, giant robots.

Why?
Because I wanted to!

How well I think i'll do?
...Wizards versus giant robots(reals and supers), pretty much won right then and there.

A bunch of Marine Scout Snipers and Delta Force operatives. The snipers would take out the more expeerienced/powerful ones before they even knew what was going on and the Delta Force guys would be in and among them blowing stuff up and causing general mayhem.

I'll just drop the hammer on Hogwarts and knock off for lunch. Lets see them magic their way out of a radioactive mushroom cloud!

Anyone with any kind of basic camo and a decent range gun could handle a wizard in a fight no problems.

Simple a magic nullify cannon (like a magic emp to wizard) duh

/thread

Go MW2 multiplayer on their asses and bombard them with AC-130s.

Who needs an army?

Give a couple of guys a gun with lots of ammo, and make sure their mothers' love them. That way they can just go around shooting wizards while being immune to spells. They'll even get a couple of cool-looking scars out of it.

*Edit* Wait... the mothers may have to be murdered for the power of love to work. I forget some of the specifics.

with my own army of wizards. think about it, wizard vs wizard war, pretty epic right? they would probably wipe each other out but hey, at least the wizards are dead.

I don't think I need anything special. Normal soldiers and weapons ought to do it.

Basically any weaponry made in the XX century is more than a match for the wand of a wizard, so the notion that Voldemort could actually threaten the non-magical world is ridiculous. Well, maybe dementors would be a bitch to kill, but humanity breeds way faster than they could kill us.

Let's compare -

Avada Kedavra - the user has to really mean it, almost always needs a wand and to say the incantation to cast it effectively. Let's be generous and say a single wizard can cast it 30 times in a minute.

Modern gatling style rotary cannon - push a button and spit out 6,600 rounds a minute, and a round might be a M56A3/A4 with an effective exposed casualty fragmentation radius of 2 meters.

I think magic all but mathematically looses to modern weaponry.

Any weapon? Any at all? A weapon that, I assume, cannot be magic because they rule magic? Something wrought by man and technological advancement? Something so incredible that it continues strong even today, unstoppable? Alright. How about...

I bet you anything the radiation fields off of the big guy prevent spells from even reaching him.

... where my gem of immortality i know its around here, the only thing that could stop me would have to be a time travelling, space fighter, with a pahzor. but king brittina would never be so wise.

Thor's Hammer! Lets what happens when I shove some lighting up someone ass!!

I sneak up on the wizard and beat him to death with his own skull.

...Or just let them fight it out and reward the winner with a cap to the skull.

Batman. Why? Because he is FUCKING BATMAN thats why!

And maybe the rest of the justice league as back up so that Batman can have a beer and a sit down between kicking the crap out of them.

Sorry double post.

Jacco:
A bunch of Marine Scout Snipers and Delta Force operatives. The snipers would take out the more expeerienced/powerful ones before they even knew what was going on and the Delta Force guys would be in and among them blowing stuff up and causing general mayhem.

I dunno man. Those forcefields of theirs seems to remove anything physical that wasnt in there already. So wouldnt bullets kind of just be absorbed by the more experienced wizards?

Load the population into spaceships and nuke the planet from orbit, then terraform Mars.

The trouble with magic is that it's magic. With Harry Potter-style magic, the rules for what kind of spells are possible and what kind are not possible aren't clearly defined, so pretty much anything you can imagine might be possible (such as being able to stop or redirect a nuke with a sort of shield, turn Godzilla into an irate hamster, or to cause the bullets of a gatling gun to swerve around and hit the gunner) unless we're just going off of what was used in the books. The trouble with the books, though, was that it was Wizard vs. Wizard, not Wizard vs. Modern weaponry (or Godzilla), which would have given us a clearer picture.

On a less serious note, I would say that if the ideas already presented (such as Godzilla, a nuke, an army of ninjas) plus possibly an orbital laser couldn't do it, then I've got nothin'.

Time to go out of hiding, then.
IN other words: counter with my own army of battle mages.

If I wanted to be cheap, the BFG-9000. I'll just go with an army of mantis men for the entertainment value.

No idea how effective magic shields are against speeding lead, but guns should do the job. Shoot a wizard from far enough away, and they won't ever realise you were there.

Alternatively, a handgun and a shield. The shield, not being part of me nor sort of integral to my aura/whatever like clothing, should be able to take Avada Kedavra spells easily. The gun is a gun. Possibly with silver bullets in case of werewolves. Oh, and because chances are silver negates magical shields etc... anyway.

You do realize that once you have to figt wizards its all over right? Magic lets them cheat. If they want you dead they teleport directly to you and cast a death spell. Bam, defeated in 1 second. magic is inherent a work around of of the rules, doing impossible things. You can't fight that any more then you can stop the tide.

I´ll take the advice of Kincaid from the Dresden Files novels. And use a sniper rifle from half a mile away.

I think this video sums it up pretty well.

Gun the bastards down!

:D

An army of Dragons. I'm not just talking about a couple hundred or thousand...I'm talking BILLIONS of dragons here, to the point we blot out the fucking sky!

I'd give the wizarding world about three days max before it looks like this:

You may commence retreat now wizards.

the spud:
I sneak up on the wizard and beat him to death with his own skull.

That doesn't seem physically possible...

An incredibly virulent form of something like TB. Biowarfare is pretty much unstoppable. Failing that, nanobots. Good luck shouting spells when you're a pile of grey goo.

Knock them all out with flashbangs, take all their wands, and use the magically embued wooden devices for kindling in a bonfire. You don't need to kill anyone, just destroy their way of using magic. Once that's done, they're just humans with extra abilities that they can't use.

Not really a threat after that.

Lots of smoke and tear gas grenades to prevent utterance of hexes, curses, and whatever else they feel like using against me. Then I send in the usual guys and have them pick up the pieces.

lunncal:
Who needs an army?

Give a couple of guys a gun with lots of ammo, and make sure their mothers' love them. That way they can just go around shooting wizards while being immune to spells. They'll even get a couple of cool-looking scars out of it.

*Edit* Wait... the mothers may have to be murdered for the power of love to work. I forget some of the specifics.

Yeah, their mothers would have to be dead. Or course, you could just kill their mothers, and tell them that the wizards killed them. Then they would be invincible, and revenge-fueled!

Actually, that's still not how it works. So you'd need a whole different strategy.

FIGHT HARDER, YOU FUCKS!

I call upon my army of Black Mages to combat the silly wizards with sticks instead of proper staffs!

"Fighting magic with magic. Since 1367"

Cthulhu

FllippinIDIOT:
with my own army of wizards. think about it, wizard vs wizard war, pretty epic right? they would probably wipe each other out but hey, at least the wizards are dead.

Great minds think alike!

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked