So you decided to go to war with Wizards

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Send Kharn after them. Khorne's favor renders him immune to psychic powers and since in the 40k universe psychic seems to be the same as magic, I think Kharn's well off.

lunncal:

Dr Snakeman:

lunncal:
Who needs an army?

Give a couple of guys a gun with lots of ammo, and make sure their mothers' love them. That way they can just go around shooting wizards while being immune to spells. They'll even get a couple of cool-looking scars out of it.

*Edit* Wait... the mothers may have to be murdered for the power of love to work. I forget some of the specifics.

Yeah, their mothers would have to be dead. Or course, you could just kill their mothers, and tell them that the wizards killed them. Then they would be invincible, and revenge-fueled!

Actually, that's still not how it works. So you'd need a whole different strategy.

That's how it works in my memory of the book. Harry survives the ultimate death spell thing because the power of his mother's love protects him... (presumably the dad didn't give enough of a crap).

I admit it was a long time ago I read the books, but it was definitely something along those lines...

Well, yeah, that's true... but his whole invincibility thing only worked against Voldemort. The way it worked was

If that was confusing, then you're not alone. What you should take away from that, though, is that you are only invincible against the person who killed your mom, and no one else.

Kingdom Spleens:
It's amazing how people with no knowledge of magic in Harry Potter think they stand a chance with any non-magical offensive. Where are you sending your trained killers? Wizards don't live in some wizard country, they live everywhere, and you have no way of differentiating wizard from muggle. Hogwarts is unplottable and to a muggle appears as an empty, ruined castle. The Ministry? Under London. You can't get in. Try brute force and you'll just end up in the underground. They use dimensional and psychological enchantments that have been in place for ages.

Correcting rampant misconceptions and reminding of various powers: They can use wandless magic, they can use wordless magic, they can kill without avada kedavra, they can rewrite your memory, turn your guns against you, transfigure every bullet you have into cotton balls before you know they have apparated in your midst.

Keep singing the praises of human military when up against wizards, it makes me laugh. Try coming up with something more impressive than nuking random cities, suburbs, and fields in the hopes of killing wizards that can disapparate in a moment. I could honestly go on and on explaining why we would be completely at their mercy, but I've probably already written more than most of you will be willing to read.

Remember, I said anything at you disposal/imagination.
You can use anything you could think of. Also, can a wizard deflect a beam that is the size of a minivan? Unless someone pulls off a GGG sized protector shade, then I think I stand a chance against a number of small people from inside a Real/Super Robot.
Also, another thing to consider about robots, usually if they are powered by something thats not from this planet, then they should be able to negate the "muggle electronics don't work around magic" rule.
Also, if a robot has this:
Then anything is doomed.

So yeah, anything has a chance against wizards, there are probably squibs, half bloods, and muggle borns who probably hate how they are treated or just don't like being in the wizarding world all together, when war comes, you can guess which side they will be on and basically take out the wizards with the combined forces of anything and everything...

...What was I ranting about again?
...Either way, something something Trombe, something something alternate universe, something blah rape arado...
...I think?

I think I'd probably go with some sort of super wand? I'd call it the Elder wand or something like that..

buy myself one of Dr.Insano's anti magic field generator kit, they will never be able to touch me!

Shoot them. With bullets.

The_ModeRazor:

FIGHT HARDER, YOU FUCKS!

I'm a wizard, and that looks fucked up.

*looks at username*
Uhhhh, what if we are a wizard? Just hope the crazy non-wizards don't kill me with all the crazy stuff they have now?

Ralph Bakshi has taught me that there is only one way to defeat a Wizard...

I think the choice is obvious.
ZERG RUSH BABY!
lets see harry potter take on a few thousand zerg.

I'd be an asshole and just airstrike the shit out of them. Start it with a bang and flatten them with B2 stealth bombers before they even know to put up their forcefields. Follow that with a massive series of napalm strikes over their forest and any other flammable areas. Then one last reign of death with multiple AC-130 gunships, and call in the Green Berets, an Abrams tank, and an Apache attack chopper to mop up any stragglers.

Dragons with mini-Cthulhus riding them, dragons are immune to magic and mini-Cthulhus are gods of madness, what else could you want?

I really have no idea what happens in the end of Harry Potter, and I have desire to, but if a needed to fight a bunch of wizards.... I want badgermoles. An army of badgermoles. I will tunnel beneath them and then bury them under hundreds of pounds of dirt, leaving them to the worms.

I'm gonna have to go with snipers, land mines, stealth teams and big presents that blow up in their faces. If it's the wizards from the books the vast majority have no idea what our weapons look like or how they work. The worst thing you could do is be straight forward.

Conventional weaponry. Our military alone could wipe them all out without any difficulty.
Its these guys:

Against these guys.

No real question there.

My plans of a nuke or a bunch of guys with guns have already been taken and repeated a bunch of times.

But I want to be able to do magic, so can I take theirs? (in truth, I'd think I'd rather have Naruto ninja magic or Avatar element magic than Hogwarts magic, but some kind of magic is better than none right?)

the spud:
I sneak up on the wizard and beat him to death with his own skull.

...Or just let them fight it out and reward the winner with a cap to the skull.

That doesn't seem physically possible.

That's just what Jimmy said.

I'd just nuke Scotland and be done with them.

Owl borne plague obviously . . .

Ents.

Worked pretty well that one time.

Kingdom Spleens:
It's amazing how people with no knowledge of magic in Harry Potter think they stand a chance with any non-magical offensive. Where are you sending your trained killers? Wizards don't live in some wizard country, they live everywhere, and you have no way of differentiating wizard from muggle. Hogwarts is unplottable and to a muggle appears as an empty, ruined castle. The Ministry? Under London. You can't get in. Try brute force and you'll just end up in the underground. They use dimensional and psychological enchantments that have been in place for ages.

Correcting rampant misconceptions and reminding of various powers: They can use wandless magic, they can use wordless magic, they can kill without avada kedavra, they can rewrite your memory, turn your guns against you, transfigure every bullet you have into cotton balls before you know they have apparated in your midst.

Keep singing the praises of human military when up against wizards, it makes me laugh. Try coming up with something more impressive than nuking random cities, suburbs, and fields in the hopes of killing wizards that can disapparate in a moment. I could honestly go on and on explaining why we would be completely at their mercy, but I've probably already written more than most of you will be willing to read.

TLDR

But seriously, do go on. I especially want to hear the part about how Wizards will be able to block sniper shots from a mile away when they're completely unaware of what is happening. Everything that a wizard does to fight back requires their concentration. If they don't know what is going to hit them, or if they don't have enough time to react, they are just as vulnerable as regular muggles.

Jacco:
A bunch of Marine Scout Snipers and Delta Force operatives. The snipers would take out the more expeerienced/powerful ones before they even knew what was going on and the Delta Force guys would be in and among them blowing stuff up and causing general mayhem.

This. I'd probably send in some infantry as a distraction. But they can't magically block what they can't see coming from a mile away.

Jacco:
A bunch of Marine Scout Snipers and Delta Force operatives. The snipers would take out the more expeerienced/powerful ones before they even knew what was going on and the Delta Force guys would be in and among them blowing stuff up and causing general mayhem.

This but with air and artillery support. A would use a multi-arms assault to annihilate them.

TestECull:
I'll just drop the hammer on Hogwarts and knock off for lunch. Lets see them magic their way out of a radioactive mushroom cloud!

I was going to bust out some large, overcomplicated assault strategy, but screw it. I agree with this. I mean, why not? It's apparently in some hidden, unreachable part of England, so I doubt anyone would be affected.

Send in Space Battleship Yamato. Wizards gonna stand up to the Wave Motion Gun? Didn't think so.

There's no kill like over-kill.

Germ warfare and nerve gases.
Combine both with surprise and you hit them where it hurts hardest.

Reason being, they do get sick (I'll give you with very odd diseases) but hit them with some serious warfare germs and they will be dead in hours. Nerve gas is even better for the surprise. One gram of VX nerve gas will take out a room in a few seconds (paralasis in about 2 seconds of exposure). Good for a surpirse hit or middle of a standard gunfight (they concentrating on movement not whats in the air).

As for some people suggesting they can redirect bullets and such, HP magic is not that strong. Large objects have limits and large creatures the same. Fast objects just as much. So bullets (barring a wall of earth sort of thing would still work) would still move too fast to be singled out by a spell. However, they would be very effective at infultration and sneaking (hence germs, with good guys having imunity, and nerve gases, would hurt the hardest).

Also, they are banned in standard warfare for a reason, they are just too damned effective at causing pain, suffering and death.

Guns. Lot's of them.

And aistrikes.
Let's see how an army of Death Eaters stand up against a cluster bomb dropping on them.

Wizards are completely mystified by technology and science, it says so right in the books. It's as magical to them as magic is to muggles.

So they wouldn't even be able to conceive of a way to stop say a submarine launched nuclear missile because such things are beyond their understanding.

Snipers, stealth close combat fuckers, traps, explosives, you name it.
If they can't see it coming how are they suppose to defend against it?
I suppose some of the stronger wizards may be able to conteract the hidden stuff and thats why we will hire some other wizards to teach us how to use magic.
Game over, wizards!

I would use my lovely Low Orbit Ion Cannon... r LOIC for short... DDOS atacks worked for Anonymous right? Okay I would not use the software I would use the one of CnC. That would do the trick. ANd if it didn't I would use a SINGULARITY (very heavy) gun. Probably from orbit too

Rumbler_Man:
I think the choice is obvious.
ZERG RUSH BABY!
lets see harry potter take on a few thousand zerg.

That image seriously just made my night. Especially the thought of someone we know from the books getting attacked by them and then popping into a blood splatter with that "bluahhh!" scream. hahahaha

Kingdom Spleens:

The Imperium of Man and in particular the Adeptus Astartes deal with magical threats far, far FAR worse than Potterverse wizards all the freaking time. If they had trouble hunting them down among the population they'd just order an Exterminatus of the entire planet.

But one way or another, they would win. Even if it meant sterilizing the planet from orbit.

I'd carpet bomb 'em. Then, snipers. Snipers everywhere. And man, many tanks, on the grounds that most magic is made for dealing with living or otherwise magical beings. I'd like to see you disarm a tank, you stupid wizards! They won't know what hit 'em!

The trick with dealing with wizards is to strike quickly, without giving them a chance to react, and to vary your strategy greatly. Magic focuses quite a bit on reacting to opponent's spells, turning them against the caster or rending them harmless. I'd like to see someone parry a volley of machine gun rounds or even a tank shell. They have little to no knowledge of modern military technology, meaning that most of them have no idea that those metal sticks the puny muggles are holding are about to launch slugs made of lead at deadly velocity straight at their head. However, these wizards have a trump card of their own: apparition. Teleporting wizards are a very serious threat, although it can be hard to pull off during combat. It allows them to get behind enemy lines and flank their opponents effectively, and infiltration operations become a cinch. The trick to countering this is to stay hidden, one of the reasons for the snipers; you can't teleport behind someone if you don't know where they are, so they can continue picking off the wizards in safety. They probably don't even understand the concept of snipers in the first place!

My final verdict: As much as I support the success of ordinary humans, the wizards can be rather dangerous, as well, if given a chance. The victory will probably go to whoever strikes first. If the muggles go all-out first, they will bewilder the wizards and win the battle. Likewise, humans caught off guard will have little defense against magic. This is definitely a situation where the best defense is a good offense. Our technology is as alien to them as their magic is to us, so we're pretty much on equal terms.

Ill just be a Planeswalker from magic the gathering with blue black and white mana, cancel all spells without using wand. Summon all sorts of nasty things and have a good laugh.

The God Emperor, before his body came to the state it now lays in atop the golden throne. And the 500 trillion screaming fanatics that follow him. No wizard shall survive the first day of battle.

Kingdom Spleens:

Find a wizard.
Nab his/her family, get him to do spy work (ie designate targets for bombers, so on and so forth.)

Doesn't comply, kill one of his/her family members.
Basicly make it a covert war similar to the one waged by the C.I.A vs K.G.B in the cold war. Hell use some of espionage tactics used by the KGB/CIA.

image we win no qestions asked

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked