Finding animated characters attractive

Pages PREV 1 2

lechat:

in fact the only thing i find common in anime girls which should not be an exaggeration of the ideal woman is the stereotypical high pitched girly voice when men are proven to be more likely to like more deeper, throaty breathless voices but we can always chalk that up to the damsel in distress factor

That's just Japan. Their current cultural view of sexuality is based pretty heavily on not just *looking* as young as possible (as in the US), but also sounding and acting as young as possible. It's considered feminine, not much different from girls in the US walking a specific way to garner attention, regardless of whether or not men subconsciously/passively prefer something else.

(This next bit is me talking based on experience, not necessarily based on fact)
Assuming you're right about men preferring deeper, breathless voices in women, I'd actually consider it analogous to the way weight is treated in the US, where what society calls "feminine" is far skinnier than what men find naturally attractive, at least consciously. The average man would much prefer a shapely girl to your average model, but your standard actress today is skinny to the point of looking sickly.

Actually, now I'm really interested in what weight men find most attractive, since I don't want to just be talking out my ass when I claim that the average guy does not like the skin-and-bones look that the beauty industry pushes. I can only give anecdotal or individual examples.

Frankster:
...at the risk of derailing the thread with musings on the history of masturbation...

Are you kidding me? That would be the best derailment possible!

Actually, your post made me realize that we're talking only about finding animated characters attractive, and not necessarily going the step further and buttering the corn.

So... On topic: not weird. Animated, and in fiction as well. Someone else said that.

I mean, really, Scarlet Johansson may as well be fictional for how many times you're going to meet her in real life, and most celebrity crushes are on idealized versions of that celebrity's public persona. So a celebrity crush is really pretty equivalent to a crush on a fictional character.

Is that better than a cave painting argument?

chadachada123:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_masturbation

...However, in the ancient world depictions of male masturbation are far more common....

Your post was excellent, but this line is probably one of the least surprising things I have ever read.

Bottom line: everyone in this thread likes hentai.

S'all good as far as I'm concerned. Hell, the first time I saw Space Jam I thought that Lola Bunny was pretty damn hot. Surprisingly enough I didn't grow up to be a furry....

i guess a drawing/picture is a representation/symbol of a real thing, so i don't see how it's weird finding it attractive. O_O

chadachada123:
Biological Exuberance: Animal Homosexuality and Natural Diversity.

My one regret is not knowing of this book before xmas, would have made for a rather funny gift to those interested in the animal world and biology in general.

Considering that it was acceptable to view Jessica Rabbit (Who Frame Rojer Rabbit) to be sexy then I see why not for any other character.
I mean depending on which characters you view him/ her to be attrative, that character (depend) is base from a human/ humanoid with facial expression.

Tygerml:

aba1:
Cartoons characters are just simplified versions of real people. When you draw them you are just taking the characteristics of a real person and simplifying them, so no it is not weird. Hell Betty Boop and Jessica Rabbit are both sex symbols in their own right.

Are you talking the actual image of an animated character, because I've known people that makes Bugs Bunny look complex and sophisticated personality-wise..

I am of course talking from a physical stand point not personality.

weird? no, its pretty normal over all due to how the brain works.

that doesn't mean it can't become weird when taken way to far (like marrying your fictional girlfriend)

I've started playing The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess lately. (Yes, I got it for Christmas) And I got to say, I really like the character Midna and I'd certainly like to meet someone like her. Granted, it's not remotely something I obsess over, as I have far more important things to do with my time.

LobsterFeng:
So you see a girl or a boy from a western cartoon or an anime. You then think "Hmm, he/she is pretty cute/hot/attractive/whatever. Would you say this is normal? Or do you think this qualifies as a weird fetish or something?

It's perfectly normal for me. Don't make me write a list.

Fuck it. In no particular order, and from various medias;

Tali'zorah vas Normandy
Hanako Ikezawa
Emi Ibaraki
Pinkamena Diane Pie
Twilight Sparkle
Queen Chrysalis
Vinyl Scratch
Merry Nightmare
Rikka Takanashi
Kokonoe (from BlazBlue)
Stocking Anarchy
Kneesocks the Demon
Midna (imp form)
Mawile the Pokémon
Homika / Roxie (Pokémon)
Mio Akiyama
Ritsu Tainaka
Azusa Nakano
Yui Hirasawa
Mei Misaki
Mari Illustrious Makinami
Laura Bodewig
Taiga Aisaka
Kylie Griffin
Maya, Borderlands 2
Gaige, Borderlands 2
Sylvanas WIndrunner

DO YOU WANT ME TO CONTINUE? This is just what comes to mind immediately.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked