Escapism UK: Summer 2014 Official Thread

Pages PREV 1 2

How late can people arrive on Friday night? I'm interested, but am working over the summer so I'll probably have to catch a train from Bristol to Birmingham late evening and arrive 9/10ish.

Failing that I guess I could take up Eevee's offer and turn up on Saturday.

Zombie_Fish:
How late can people arrive on Friday night? I'm interested, but am working over the summer so I'll probably have to catch a train from Bristol to Birmingham late evening and arrive 9/10ish.

A Bristolian! I've yet to meet a fellow local Escapist! O_O

Ahem. yes, you may arrive as late as you want on Friday, we get a few people who turn up later than the group. I've Pmed you.

Also, you have 1 week before the deadline hits, so if you want to come you need to decide sharpish,

do you think you guys could google plus with some people who are in the wrong continent to go?

Sweet, this is all taking place 2 mins walking distance from my room. I can see the queensway and Birmingham Snow hill station from my window :P

Revelo:

Zombie_Fish:

Ahem. yes, you may arrive as late as you want on Friday, we get a few people who turn up later than the group. I've Pmed you.

Also, you have 1 week before the deadline hits, so if you want to come you need to decide sharpish,

Nice. I've had a discussion on the forums with another Bristolian before - rather surprisingly they're in the year below me on my course - but we've never met in person. Or if we have then it didn't click. And one of my close friends has 'PC Gaming Master Race' as his desktop background so he at least knows ZP.

In that case, I should be good to go. I've sent you the money via PayPal.

Evil Smurf:
do you think you guys could google plus with some people who are in the wrong continent to go?

Could you clarify what you mean by that? We get a few people coming in from abroad.

Also, if you are a local and are planning to attend by not stay in the hostel, could you PM me as well so I can keep track of things?

Revelo:

Zombie_Fish:

You both live so close to me (I'm in Bath) and I never even realized. ;_;

I'm also really interested in attending, but it would most likely have to be for a single day as I'm really not sure when I'll be working that week (and have already used my holiday up for other things). D:

Yuno Gasai:

Revelo:

Zombie_Fish:

I'm also really interested in attending, but it would most likely have to be for a single day as I'm really not sure when I'll be working that week (and have already used my holiday up for other things). D:

Well you are no longer alone now :D I technically live in Cambridge but I'm back in the area often :)

Attending for a single day is okay, some people do that as well ^_^ so if you have a day spare, you are most welcome to attend!

Revelo:
Well you are no longer alone now :D I technically live in Cambridge but I'm back in the area often :)

Attending for a single day is okay, some people do that as well ^_^ so if you have a day spare, you are most welcome to attend!

I suppose the other option is that I snag a room anyway, then at least I have it if I need it? Murr. Decisions.

Though meeting large groups of people I don't know is terrifying.

Yuno Gasai:

Revelo:

I suppose the other option is that I snag a room anyway, then at least I have it if I need it? Murr. Decisions.

Though meeting large groups of people I don't know is terrifying.

I am happy to meet with anyone prior to the event if it helps them relax. It's scary meeting big groups, and having a friendly and familiar face works wonders. :)

Besides, everyone who has turned up feeling worried about what will happen has always left with a smile on their face, having really enjoyed themselves, so there is nothing to fear, really!

Yes, there are individual rooms at the hostel you can book as well. :)

Yuno Gasai:

Revelo:

Zombie_Fish:

If you can attend the Saturday - Sunday you can have my bed, I'll be paying for 2 nights but staying Friday night and travelling back on Saturday evening to attend Manchester MCM on the Sunday. Zombie hasn't taken me up on my offer so it's still open if you plan on staying a night.
They're all good people who attend so it's not a problem. Shame I can't stay the full weekend but I've been working too hard on my cosplay to miss MCM...

Rev, I will send you the money for the hostel on Monday. The idea of me and Scrump sharing a bed is best idea, although he'll probably end up booted out at one point because I'm a princess and require all the bed.

Revelo:

Evil Smurf:

Could you clarify what you mean by that? We get a few people coming in from abroad.

could you organise a VoIP call into the itinerary? For Australians and such.

Evil Smurf:

Revelo:

Evil Smurf:

could you organise a VoIP call into the itinerary? For Australians and such.

Ah, a live feed!

You know, I've never tried that before. but I could look into it. :)

Evil Smurf:

Rev, I will send you the money for the hostel on Monday. The idea of me and Scrump sharing a bed is best idea, although he'll probably end up booted out at one point because I'm a princess and require all the bed.

Lol, I feel for the guy. In fact it's pretty good that Yuno might only need a single night, will make your life much easier.

Also, the deadline is the evening of this Friday! So I advise if anyone of you are still unsure, to make a choice soon!

Revelo:

Evil Smurf:

Lol, I feel for the guy. In fact it's pretty good that Yuno might only need a single night, will make your life much easier.

Also, the deadline is the evening of this Friday! So I advise if anyone of you are still unsure, to make a choice soon!

I'm pretty sure, that I never said that :D

Evil Smurf:

Revelo:

Evil Smurf:

Too late, you have to come now. It's set in misleading quote history forever.

sky14kemea:

Evil Smurf:

Revelo:

Goddamm it, what have I done? D:

Revelo:

sky14kemea:

Evil Smurf:

Now I'm sharing a bed with ScrumpMonkey, YOU LOSE EeveeElectro!

Evil Smurf:

Revelo:

sky14kemea:

Now I'm sharing a bed with ScrumpMonkey YOU LOSE EeveeElectro!

There are times I wonder if this leadership thing is something I'm cut out for. I ought to run a dating service instead.

Revelo:

Evil Smurf:

Revelo:

There are times I wonder if this leadership thing is something I'm cut out for. I ought to run a dating service instead.

You'd have to check up on the sexual orientation of the people first, I'm straight ;D

Evil Smurf:

Revelo:

Evil Smurf:

You'd have to check up on the sexual orientation of the people first, I'm straight ;D

We're off to a great start then it seems. xD

Holy shit, these are still happening? That's awesome. Also, now I really miss doing the Australian ones.

Edit: and I still wish I could come to the UK for one.

Labyrinth:
Holy shit, these are still happening? That's awesome. Also, now I really miss doing the Australian ones.

Yeah, still going strong, getting more popular each year as well. You should come! It'll be a blast! :D

Speaking of which... (posted from the group chat)

Hostel so now fully booked, and enough demand was made for me to book the 12 bed dorms.

However, I'm really sorry to announce that I got charged the £37 per person for it, so I really regret to tell you all that I can't do that discount like I promised. :( I really am sorry for letting you all down, sadly this kind of thing has happened before where prices go up while we collect the funds.

And, the hostel charged me for every bed too. Even though we don't have enough people to fill the beds. As of now 23 people have said they'll come, 22 of them have paid and another will be paying in installments if they can come, as a result. We have one remaining bed to fill at the moment. If anyone is still up for coming, then all you need to do is PayPal me the £37 that was the price. This is an open invitation, first come is first served.

Please bear in mind however, that I can't offer refunds. I have had to take the financial hit for this and anyone demanding refunds just stretches my own funds further.

If anyone is interested then PM me. You'll save a lot more money going for the dorm that a private booking.

Revelo:

Labyrinth:

Yeah, still going strong, getting more popular each year as well. You should come! It'll be a blast! :D

I'm a dirt-poor student. There's no chance of me flying anywhere without someone else fronting the tickets. If some recent lottery winner is willing, I'd totally be keen. Reality does tend to get in the way.

Labyrinth:

Revelo:

Labyrinth:

I'm a dirt-poor student. There's no chance of me flying anywhere without someone else fronting the tickets. If some recent lottery winner is willing, I'd totally be keen. Reality does tend to get in the way.

Reality sucks like that :< maybe one day we can get you over here, or do an Ashes Escapism somehow xD

Also, for anyone else watching this thread and thinking of driving, car parking info added to first post. I'm hoping to have activities information and costs up in a weeks time!

Just to ensure everyone reads this (don't hurt me Mods! D:) but activities have now been posted up in the official group now. You'll need to PM either me, Trivun or The Ambrosian. Just check which of us is organising which day and message accordingly.

I'll update the original post shortly. Deadline for activities is the 30th of April, payment via PayPal.

Also, still have that one spare bed outstanding for anyone who is still thinking of attending.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked