Sexiest Gun

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Mm... silenced PP7 from goldeneye made me start loving shooters and guns to be honest with you... damn you pierce brosnan

PaulH:

Starnerf:

PaulH:

Bob the Average:

PaulH:
lol, men finding the idea of spraying other men with hot lead at distance with indiscretion .... it boils down to the men's room pissing contests .. or strange coupling of homoeroticism and the will to cause violence o.o;

Therefore sex and violence go together like strawberries and cream ... lest you're lactose intolerant o.o;

That being said I like antique rifles from World War 2 or 1 .... the new one's have fair too much plastic or fire so fast that the aspect of skill is removed :/

Give me an Owen gun with a bayonet o.o

there are a ton of relatively new sniper rifles granted they haven't changed much since WW2 aside from from metallurgy.

Yeah, some military weapons haven't changed ostensibly since they were first made ... but the majority of them have been bastardised (new barrels made to adopt more common caliber types) and added a whole lot of other nonsense that they look ugly ;.;

Alot of the rifles cant even be fitted with a bayonet ... with is just stupid ... bayonet is the best weapon o.o; If you can kill someone with a minimal amount of noise ... like .. for instance .. piercing the lung or throat of the enemy so they can't scream.... isn't that better than firing your weapon and advertising your position to everyody in the area?

Bayonets allow you to have a silent hand to hand weaspon withpouit having to worry about shouldering your rifle ...

but noooo ... most guns like to be christmas trees and 'light up' an entire city block <.<

That's what KA-BARs are for.

Last time I checked, a Knife you still had to use with your hands, not telepathically will it to strike an enemy ... which means you have to take your hands off your gun to use it ... if an M4 with M203 attached weighs 6 kilos and is 2 foot long ... the foot-pound pressure of a bullet exiting the rifle is going to feel like someone has kicked the barrel from underneath you if you attempt to fire it with only one hand ...

A bayonet .. doesnt require you to take your hand off the weapon. Also allows for greater distance between you and the target, which means if you strike the opponent, you can still deliver a blow with your feet. Or as a means to pin the target to prepare for another thrust if the case presents a need to do so.

Certainly you can agree, if you have stabbed an enemy, in the case there may be more close by and your attack wasn't as stealthy as you planned ... having both your hands on you rifle is better than just one.

It's still a silent kill, isn't it? If you don't want to advertise your position, you shouldn't need your rifle ready to use at that second anyway. And if your bayonet is stuck in someone, you can't really use the rifle, can you? Unless you're shooting through the enemy.

Hunde Des Krieg:

RagnorakTres:
I don't know if this is a real gun, but it's called the rail gun. And yes I am aware that a rail gun is any gun that is fired directly from a flatbed rail car (such as the GAU-8 Avenger pictured above). The one I am thinking of fires semi-depleted uranium shells at Mach 1.75 and requires 30-45 seconds of cooldown for every shot. Again I don't know if this is a real gun or not. I assume it's not, just because it would cost way more to fire than to build. The depleted uranium is just a hair over the top.

Sexiest gun that I know is real is the M134 General Electric Minigun. 166 bullets a second kills just about anything.

"Rail-guns" are generally fictional magnetic suspension weapons, they use magnetic repulsion to launch the projectile. But the US Navy is currently developing a model for its next generation of warships, and those babies should be able to hurl a shell at mach 7.

Yeah I did some research on Wikipedia today and found that not only is it real (though it doesn't fire depleted uranium) and generally accepted by R+D teams as cost-effective, but it's fairly easy to make a garage one.

I started thinking about no-gunpowder guns about 9 years ago and thought "Gee, aren't I smart!" until I got old enough to realize that the problem with original ideas is that someone, somewhere has thought of it before you and made a prototype already. Anyway, my thought was that you could use a coil of wire or something to accelerate matter to ridiculous speeds through electromagnetism, only to find that someone had invented the Gauss gun already.

Anyway the major advantage (that I see) in fully electric guns is that the shell or whatever will demolish stuff with inertia rather than through explosion. I wonder how you would shrink something like that to hand gun or even Barret .50 caliber size...

Starnerf:

PaulH:

Starnerf:

PaulH:

Bob the Average:

PaulH:
lol, men finding the idea of spraying other men with hot lead at distance with indiscretion .... it boils down to the men's room pissing contests .. or strange coupling of homoeroticism and the will to cause violence o.o;

Therefore sex and violence go together like strawberries and cream ... lest you're lactose intolerant o.o;

That being said I like antique rifles from World War 2 or 1 .... the new one's have fair too much plastic or fire so fast that the aspect of skill is removed :/

Give me an Owen gun with a bayonet o.o

there are a ton of relatively new sniper rifles granted they haven't changed much since WW2 aside from from metallurgy.

Yeah, some military weapons haven't changed ostensibly since they were first made ... but the majority of them have been bastardised (new barrels made to adopt more common caliber types) and added a whole lot of other nonsense that they look ugly ;.;

Alot of the rifles cant even be fitted with a bayonet ... with is just stupid ... bayonet is the best weapon o.o; If you can kill someone with a minimal amount of noise ... like .. for instance .. piercing the lung or throat of the enemy so they can't scream.... isn't that better than firing your weapon and advertising your position to everyody in the area?

Bayonets allow you to have a silent hand to hand weaspon withpouit having to worry about shouldering your rifle ...

but noooo ... most guns like to be christmas trees and 'light up' an entire city block <.<

That's what KA-BARs are for.

Last time I checked, a Knife you still had to use with your hands, not telepathically will it to strike an enemy ... which means you have to take your hands off your gun to use it ... if an M4 with M203 attached weighs 6 kilos and is 2 foot long ... the foot-pound pressure of a bullet exiting the rifle is going to feel like someone has kicked the barrel from underneath you if you attempt to fire it with only one hand ...

A bayonet .. doesnt require you to take your hand off the weapon. Also allows for greater distance between you and the target, which means if you strike the opponent, you can still deliver a blow with your feet. Or as a means to pin the target to prepare for another thrust if the case presents a need to do so.

Certainly you can agree, if you have stabbed an enemy, in the case there may be more close by and your attack wasn't as stealthy as you planned ... having both your hands on you rifle is better than just one.

It's still a silent kill, isn't it? If you don't want to advertise your position, you shouldn't need your rifle ready to use at that second anyway. And if your bayonet is stuck in someone, you can't really use the rifle, can you? Unless you're shooting through the enemy.

Your bayonet will have 2 foot of leverage on it ... if you can pry apart ribs with a crowbar, you can pry apart bone and ligiment with an additional 6 inches of leverage with a reduced power usage of up to 50% (given if your crowbar is 1 foot long, and your rifle and bayonet total 2 feet in length).

And with a bayonetted weapon, incase you are spotted encroaching an enemy, your weapon is already prepared and levelled at the closest opponent. Win-win. That's why bayonets were so popular whether it be trench, jungle or urban warfare during both World Wars, Korea and even up till Vietnam.

You have a ranged weapon, and a close quarters weapon in one ... versatile o.o

RagnorakTres:

Hunde Des Krieg:

RagnorakTres:
I don't know if this is a real gun, but it's called the rail gun. And yes I am aware that a rail gun is any gun that is fired directly from a flatbed rail car (such as the GAU-8 Avenger pictured above). The one I am thinking of fires semi-depleted uranium shells at Mach 1.75 and requires 30-45 seconds of cooldown for every shot. Again I don't know if this is a real gun or not. I assume it's not, just because it would cost way more to fire than to build. The depleted uranium is just a hair over the top.

Sexiest gun that I know is real is the M134 General Electric Minigun. 166 bullets a second kills just about anything.

"Rail-guns" are generally fictional magnetic suspension weapons, they use magnetic repulsion to launch the projectile. But the US Navy is currently developing a model for its next generation of warships, and those babies should be able to hurl a shell at mach 7.

Yeah I did some research on Wikipedia today and found that not only is it real (though it doesn't fire depleted uranium) and generally accepted by R+D teams as cost-effective, but it's fairly easy to make a garage one.

I started thinking about no-gunpowder guns about 9 years ago and thought "Gee, aren't I smart!" until I got old enough to realize that the problem with original ideas is that someone, somewhere has thought of it before you and made a prototype already. Anyway, my thought was that you could use a coil of wire or something to accelerate matter to ridiculous speeds through electromagnetism, only to find that someone had invented the Gauss gun already.

Anyway the major advantage (that I see) in fully electric guns is that the shell or whatever will demolish stuff with inertia rather than through explosion. I wonder how you would shrink something like that to hand gun or even Barret .50 caliber size...

Whoops! I meant Gauss guns are fairly easy to build, not rail guns. the conductivity to strength ratio needs to be correct and it's hard to find military grade steel in your garage. also the heat is tremendous. on the other hand, planet surface to orbit weaponry!!

Okay, I see that the knowledge of someone who gets their information from actually picking up and fiddling with various firearms is needed, so I'll go and find one.

*wanders off*

*Comes back alone* Couldn't find one, so I'll just give my opinions.

Pistol: A toss up between the HK Mk. 23 (or its little brother, the USP Tactical) and the Springfield Armory XD line of pistols. Both options are reliable, solid performers. The XD series is a bit more versatile, though, what with it being available in two grip lengths, three barrel lengths, and five different chamberings (NATO standard 9x19mm, .40 S&W, .357 SIG, .45ACP, and .45GAP).

Shotgun: Either the Franchi SPAS-12, the Benelli M3, or the Daewoo USAS-12. All of them fire 12 guage, two of them can be operated manually via pump action if you need to shoot lighter kicking shells (say, rubber bullets), and the third one can spit out a full 10-round magazine with one pull of the trigger.

Assault Rifle: I'll freely admit to having a fascination with bullpup style rifles (where the magazine goes in behind the trigger), so with that said, the L85A2 (not the piece of junk A1's that put British soldiers in danger when they tried to use it, GOD no..), the FN F2000 (it just looks so *slick!*), and a really well-built AR-15 (like my match rifle).

Battle Rifle: Before anyone asks what the difference between the two is: An assault rifle fires 'intermediate' rounds, between pistol and 'proper' rifle rounds, and tend to be ineffective past about 3 or 400 meters. Perennial examples an assault rifles are the M-16, and the AK series of rifles (any example). A battle rifle fires full sized rifle rounds, which are effective out to about 800 meters or so. like the FN FAL, or the M14. Anyway, enough exposition, and onto my selections. For battle rifles, I pick the FN FAL, and an M1A variant produced by Springfield Armory, the Socom II.

Sniper Rifle: Accuracy International Arctic Warfare series of rifles. Any example, though pricey, is a damned fine example of a sniper's rifle. When a guy bounces it off of concrete for a few minutes, then lays down and shoots a quarter-inch group, what you have there is an excellent example of a rifle.

And now, for the weapons none of us will ever get to use.

Light Machine Gun/Squad Automatic: Either the NATO favorite FN Minimi/M249 (they're basically the same thing, but the 249 has some extra bits nailed on), or the HK MG4. With these things, really, all you're supposed to be doing is blazing through your ammo to let another team of people run up to the side of the guys whose heads you're keeping down, and riddle them with holes.

Medium Machine Gun: Now we're getting old school: The M240 series of machine gun, known to the rest of the world as the FN MAG, or GPMG to our Brit/Commonwealth friends. Why? Reliability. There's a story floating around that during the Falkland Islands conflict, the British SAS (at least, I think it was the SAS) not having a chance to change out the barrels like you're supposed to. To the point where the normally-black barrels were literally glowing red from the heat, but dammit, they were still punting lead downrange! (Any other gun does that, it's gonna blow up in a few rounds)

Heavy Machine Gun: Ma Deuce. Nuff said.

Submachine Gun/PDW: Here's a choice that will confuse some people. The Italian Spectre M4. It's not something you much hear about (especially since they don't make them anymore), especially since everyone's always going on about something else, but 50 rounds of ammo in about the same space as an MP5's 30-rounder makes for the fun times. Add that to the possible chambering of .45ACP, and you have something that really sucks, if you're in front of the barrel, as opposed to behind it, or off to the side.

Oh, I thought this was supposed to be like a sort of thread that isn't supposed to be taken seriously. Oh well, I'm going to have to go with the Mosin Nagant. It's just pure awesomeness that was crafted into a gun. And the person that made me decide this: Simo Häyhä. Another would be the XM8, I just love its design and pretty futuristic. There's also... you know what, fuck it, the sexiest gun (in theory) would be the tit cannon.

AHEM........ ladies,gentlemen: the sexiest gun in acion image
the Smith & Wesson Model 500: most dangeros gun in the world (pistol that is) dirty hairy was wrong

M4A1 SOPMOD
niiiice

Any gun from Half-Life 2 I don't know why I just think their sexy.

My dear escapists this thread is full of fail!

How could we possibly have a sexiest gun thread and not mention these!

G36C

Compact, sleek, but manly in a "I will rape your skull out the back of your head" sort of way.

Mine's the Springfield Sniper Rifle.

The AusSTEYR. Because we do everything better.
Also I would like to point out (in response to some comments about bayonets) that I have actually seen bayonets on a STEYR. Bayonets are fairly easy to do, just make a ring that fits around the barrel and stick a knife on it. That's my two cents anyways.

Motti:
Also I would like to point out (in response to some comments about bayonets) that I have actually seen bayonets on a STEYR. Bayonets are fairly easy to do, just make a ring that fits around the barrel and stick a knife on it. That's my two cents anyways.

Yeah the Australian army uses the M9 bayonet. Apparently you can't mount a bayonet on an M4, I asked the person who told me this "what happens if you get a stoppage while clearing a building?" His reply "you die".

Janus Vesta:
Mosin Nagant:

We've got a nagant its beautiful.

XM8

xxcloud417xx:
P90. it's compact, packs alot of ammo and looks good silenced and sneaky.

yeah p90 owns XD

BrynThomas:

Motti:

Yeah the Australian army uses the M9 bayonet. Apparently you can't mount a bayonet on an M4, I asked the person who told me this "what happens if you get a stoppage while clearing a building?" His reply "you die".

That's the problem with Americans (no offense anybody). They called my Uncle a coward once for riding in an Auslav (the European transports in Endwar are almost exact replicas of Auslavs, for those who are wondering) because of their thick armour. His reply was: 'how many people have you lost from IEDs?'. Auslavs and Bushmasters can get caught in an IED and most people survive, which is always a plus. In the case of the Bushmasters, the vehicle's still intact as well.

Motti:

BrynThomas:

Motti:

That's the problem with Americans (no offense anybody). They called my Uncle a coward once for riding in an Auslav (the European transports in Endwar are almost exact replicas of Auslavs, for those who are wondering) because of their thick armour. His reply was: 'how many people have you lost from IEDs?'. Auslavs and Bushmasters can get caught in an IED and most people survive, which is always a plus. In the case of the Bushmasters, the vehicle's still intact as well.

I agree totally, have you seen the new "cougars" they're gonna get, pretty much a bushmaster.

Edit: Then again, its about time they caught up with us.

xxcloud417xx:
P90. it's compact, packs alot of ammo and looks good silenced and sneaky.

where's the trigger?

rosac

I would go with the 34 double D, "double barreled" HOOTER shooter from Leisure suit Larry 5!

It's something the villains never suspect!

Starnerf:

You people really should put pictures so we can see the sexiness.

Perfect... Just perfect.

MG-42, not only does it look good but its 1200 rpm rate of fire had American troops drilled to hit the floor and stop moving until the sound of thunderous tearing linen stops

The second i will see a girl with a 500 S&W Magnum, i will fall in love.

...I don't... really... call guns sexy as they are tools of death but nevertheless one gun that I find both lethal, classy and traditional is the magnificent revolver.

Specifically the 44 revolver:

At close range, same impact as a shotgun blast, hell of a kick back... only six shots but damn are those shots going to count. Big boy's gun, this is a weapon for a real man. A man with style, traditional and classic taste and a love for major impact.
A man's gun.

*shivers in lust*

P.S I'd rather one of those than a sissy automatic any day of the week.

Desert Eage, such a great handgun :D

Revolver.
Always.

His gun. Friggin awesome.

Not mine, but guess its usage and earn a cookie.

Seriously-

Who knew the French could make guns?

Hands down to the greatist Assualt Rifle in the world. THE GOLD AK 47!!!! image

I would have to go for the P-90, having seen too many anime cyborg chicks holding something analogous.

Also, check this out:

Fuckin ugly, but with a bit of work could end up looking pretty awesome. Designed in 1962.

I like the FN P90 myself :-) I think the Desert Eagle Revolver is pretty sweet too...

Corpse XxX:
Desert Eagle is the most awesome weapon of all time.. What a handcannon!

its actually not that powerful.
you only see it so powerful in games becuase game designers see the .50 or the .44 and think that gun must be god.
no.
its not.
extremely low mussle volocity.
you want a hand cannon>
S&W 500.
5 shot 50 cal magnum thats too big for any holster.
getting hit in the head from 30 feet away is like getting shot in the face with an AA-12 from point blank.

or a TNT tipped jack hammer.

Vrex360:
...I don't... really... call guns sexy as they are tools of death but nevertheless one gun that I find both lethal, classy and traditional is the magnificent revolver.

Specifically the 44 revolver:

At close range, same impact as a shotgun blast, hell of a kick back... only six shots but damn are those shots going to count. Big boy's gun, this is a weapon for a real man. A man with style, traditional and classic taste and a love for major impact.
A man's gun.

*shivers in lust*

P.S I'd rather one of those than a sissy automatic any day of the week.

that baby packs an umph but what about the S&W 500?
5 50. rounds and its too big to fit in a regular .357 holster.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked