Cleril Reviews: Every day the same dream

Some may have noticed the Alt+Esc article about this browser game. I saw that it was abstract and since I am one to condone abstract ideas I spent 10 minutes or so playing it. A review for a 10 minute or so game? Have I gone mad? No, I have simply smiled. Smiled at how a game with ten minutes of content can make me think, tell an amazing story with just a few sentences of monologue, and have an ending to make most minds warp.

The plot at the start is simple. You are a man, with a wife, get dressed, go to work. The real story starts when you decide to do something different, like showing up to work undressed. This is how you "beat" the game. By doing things other than your typical schedule of wake up, get dressed, be berated by boss, work in cubicle, rinse, and repeat...you unravel the amazing story this simple game has to offer.

The controls are what you see in the screen shot. Simple as that.

The graphics are mixture of black, white, and grey. You are a faceless man with a faceless wife meeting faceless others to help you realize your dream. The game is simplistic in it's graphics, even for a browser game, but that's the point. The game may even bore you but again, that's the point.

Every day the same dream is again, around 10 minutes long, and a free browser game. Take 10 minutes out of your life and do something...different. You won't regret it.

Find the game here: http://www.molleindustria.org/everydaythesamedream/everydaythesamedream.html

If you enjoyed this game you may like a game I'm making, though it's very different from this it may have the same effects on you....this is a review of my game:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.164259

Hmm. I have to check this out.

Good work!

Ehh, I played it, I couldn't really be touched by it. Not thinking hard enough I guess.

Good review, it was short enough to hold my attention, yet long enough to cover the important things. like a miniskirt. Nicely done!

Interesting game, and nice review. Simple and to the point.

pimppeter2:
Hmm. I have to check this out.

Good work!

Since you love Haven you're sure to love this.

Thanks for reading. ;)

Pielikey:
Ehh, I played it, I couldn't really be touched by it. Not thinking hard enough I guess.

Good review, it was short enough to hold my attention, yet long enough to cover the important things. like a miniskirt. Nicely done!

It's one of those games that work like poetry, it's up to interpretation what certain things mean. The game is told through symbolism and metaphors, rather than through monologues.

I like miniskirts....

JRCB:
Interesting game, and nice review. Simple and to the point.

Thanks for reading, glad you liked it, and the game.

I really like the game. It felt a lot like "Today I die" in many respects, and it left an emotional imprint a lot bigger than the average 10 hour blockbuster-extravaganza. Very thought provoking. Good review by the way.

I liked this game. It gave me the chills.

"I can show you a quiet place."

Not a Spy:
I really like the game. It felt a lot like "Today I die" in many respects, and it left an emotional imprint a lot bigger than the average 10 hour blockbuster-extravaganza. Very thought provoking. Good review by the way.

That's what I tried to get across in the opening paragraph without outright saying it. ;)

If you want a lot more though provoking goodness....check the link at the bottom of the post for a review of my game, Haven.

Omikron009:
I liked this game. It gave me the chills.

"I can show you a quiet place."

Well, I didn't get chills rather then I got a mindfuck endings, which is a good thing.

I don't think calling a graveyard a quiet place is chilling. When you die, there is no more work, no more taxes, no more worries, no more responsibility. Only silence.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked