Miracle's Whip - Bioshock 2

Pages PREV 1 2 3

lapan:
Personally i thought that Bioshock 2 was a bit too similar to it's prequel. Thats not necessarily a bad thing, but it could have been even better with a bit more improvements.
I liked the drill, but fuel was rare and used up much to fast, so i alternated between the weapons quite often.
What i really loved about the game was:

That part was sublime... I didn't mention it in the review because it's such a spoiler but it really was a wonderful moment.

MiracleOfSound:

Demented Teddy:
"If you pressed 'X' here, I hate you."

As you might guess from my avatar.
I LOVE THE LITTLE SISTERS SO FUCKING MUCH!

I got the saviour achievment in my first play through.

Yeah I got that too, was a nice little surprise. I definately agonised over Alex the Great though...

I got that one on my first try too!

But, I had to harvest 1 little sister (I'm saving the rest) in the new one to get a diff ending, but I just felt rotten for a week afterwards. And whenever I adopt any little sisters now, they're all scared and asking if I'm angry, or going to hurt them, and then I just feel incredibly guilty. (as I should)

Catchy Slogan:

MiracleOfSound:

Demented Teddy:

Yeah I got that too, was a nice little surprise. I definately agonised over Alex the Great though...

I still feel I was cheated out of that achievement. I mean, the guy repeatedly said that there was nothing left of him in what he had become, and begged me to kill him, so I grant his last request and electrocute that grotesque monster, and then suddenly I'm a bad person? Come on. Well, doesn't matter, I'll play through the game on Easy some time and get that achievement. (I already did a playthrough on Normal and Hard.)

Catchy Slogan:

MiracleOfSound:

Demented Teddy:

But, I had to harvest 1 little sister (I'm saving the rest) in the new one to get a diff ending, but I just felt rotten for a week afterwards. And whenever I adopt any little sisters now, they're all scared and asking if I'm angry, or going to hurt them, and then I just feel incredibly guilty. (as I should)

4 playthroughs of Bioshock 1, 2 of Bioshock 2 and I have never harvested a sister. I can't do it!

MiracleOfSound:

Catchy Slogan:

MiracleOfSound:

Demented Teddy:

4 playthroughs of Bioshock 1, 2 of Bioshock 2 and I have never harvested a sister. I can't do it!

I know what you mean. I've never harvested a Little Sister, but I watched a friend harvest one while playing a Bioshock game for the first time. He was totally horrified.

MiracleOfSound:

Catchy Slogan:

MiracleOfSound:

Demented Teddy:

You're a better person than I am. I could never go through with it in Bioshock 1 after the first time, mostly because of the sad-voice-guilt-trip-thing that Tenenbaum puts you through.

Also, I was dissapointed that she wasn't in the second one more. If you're going to put her in, then actually use her, otherwise it's just a waste.

Catchy Slogan:

You're a better person than I am. I could never go through with it in Bioshock 1 after the first time, mostly because of the sad-voice-guilt-trip-thing that Tenenbaum puts you through.

Also, I was dissapointed that she wasn't in the second one more. If you're going to put her in, then actually use her, otherwise it's just a waste.

Not harvesting them works out better in the long run anyway as you get gifts from Tenenbaum.

And yeah, she was kind of criminally underused in the sequel, I'd have liked her character to have been developed more. She just kind of dissappeared off the radar somewhere along the line.

Ooo, Bioshock 2 review! *Reads in silence*

OK, done. A very nicely written review, as usual. No problems as far as I can see so very nice work, Miracle.

I love the fights in this game as there are a lot more satisfying and meaty. I also agree with you and many others, I cannot harvest the Little Sisters. I accidentally did harvest one and felt like a complete and total bastard for doing so, for about 24 hours afterwards. So, that lead to me reloading a save two hours previously. And I also feel like a tosser after you've killed their Big Daddy and they start crying over them.
The Bioshock games do tug at your heart strings a bit, which is a good thing. More games need to do this I think. The only other game that has done it for me in recent times is FF XIII which I have yet to finish.

Exterminas:
The Ammunition-Tonic you are talking about comes from researching alpha series.

(Didn't flag it as a spoiler, because the information can be taken from the games main menue)

I'm pretty sure you get the Arms Race Tonic from researching regular Big Daddies. And I don't think the game mneu tells you where any tonics are. Even if it did, you're right, it's not a spoiler.

Menu doesn't have an 'e' on the end btw.

MiracleOfSound:

Catchy Slogan:

Not harvesting them works out better in the long run anyway as you get gifts from Tenenbaum.

And yeah, she was kind of criminally underused in the sequel, I'd have liked her character to have been developed more. She just kind of dissappeared off the radar somewhere along the line.

At least they gave her a proper face this time. In the first game her appearance was that of a generic splicer.

Sassafrass:

OK, done. A very nicely written review, as usual. No problems as far as I can see so very nice work, Miracle.

I love the fights in this game as there are a lot more satisfying and meaty. I also agree with you and many others, I cannot harvest the Little Sisters. I accidentally did harvest one and felt like a complete and total bastard for doing so, for about 24 hours afterwards. So, that lead to me reloading a save two hours previously. And I also feel like a tosser after you've killed their Big Daddy and they start crying over them.
The Bioshock games do tug at your heart strings a bit, which is a good thing. More games need to do this I think. The only other game that has done it for me in recent times is FF XIII which I have yet to finish.

Just saw this now.

Cheers for the kind words :)

You're right, killing the big daddies brings on major guilt. It's not just for the Lil Sisters' sake... they sound so sad as they let out their death groan!

The good ending is a hell of a heartstring puller too.

MiracleOfSound:

Sassafrass:

Just saw this now.

Cheers for the kind words :)

You're right, killing the big daddies brings on major guilt. It's not just for the Lil Sisters' sake... they sound so sad as they let out their death groan!

The good ending is a hell of a heartstring puller too.

No problem, man.

I've started playing it again to try towards one of the super secret hidden endings which is probably going to kill me as you need to harvest at least one Sister. ;_;

After playing through it again and again, starting it again nearly every time as FF XIII distracted me and I forgot about it, I've noticed that the Little Sisters when you have adopted one say some quite hilarious things when use a plasmid on a Splicer. Use Incinerate on one and she may go "Mmm, marshmallows" which had me laughing for ages and sometimes when you use Electro Bolt she'll say "Look Daddy, they're dancing!"
It is one of the funniest and cutest things I have ever heard.

Sassafrass:

After playing through it again and again, starting it again nearly every time as FF XIII distracted me and I forgot about it, I've noticed that the Little Sisters when you have adopted one say some quite hilarious things when use a plasmid on a Splicer. Use Incinerate on one and she may go "Mmm, marshmallows" which had me laughing for ages and sometimes when you use Electro Bolt she'll say "Look Daddy, they're dancing!"

I noticed that too, the marshmallow line was hilarious!

It's kind of creepy when you think about about it... how sadistic the little sisters are... 'Kill him Daddy! Hurt him!'

And the daily mail thought Hit Girl was bad...

MiracleOfSound:

Sassafrass:

It's kind of creepy when you think about about it... how sadistic the little sisters are... 'Kill him Daddy! Hurt him!'

Yeah, it is actually.
But they are adorable so you can forgive them anything.

And I saw the review they did of Kick Ass. Jesus Christ...

Sassafrass:

MiracleOfSound:

Sassafrass:

Yeah, it is actually.

That was just bad comedy.

Did you see the comments section got shut down because so many people were calling them out on it?

MiracleOfSound:

Sassafrass:

MiracleOfSound:

Sassafrass:

Yeah, it is actually.

That was just bad comedy.

Did you see the comments section got shut down because so many people were calling them out on it?

They closed the comments section?
Heh, well it was the biggest rage against anything since that X-Factor bru-ha last year.

I hope you got the neutral ending too, and just didn't mention it because it's too good.
Because it's the best.

And I finished the game 3 times <.< >.>
And the drill is mah favorite. It's just so... big daddy-tastic!

TheNamlessGuy:

MiracleOfSound:
No, they were somewhere in the middle as far as I recall. In fact, I'm pretty certain I purchased them at a gatherer's garden!

nope, it's behind the curtains at the theater.

EDIT: wait a minute, that's what you said! shocking!

OT: loved the game, good review, and I see potential in you writing more.

Sassafrass:

Heh, well it was the biggest rage against anything since that X-Factor bru-ha last year.

What was that? Jedward? They make me ashamed to be Irish.

MiracleOfSound:

Sassafrass:

Well, that and the Christmas number 1 thingy as well.

Sassafrass:

MiracleOfSound:

Sassafrass:

Oh yeah I forgot about that. That was actually pretty cool. RATM were a big band for me growing up in the 90s!

MiracleOfSound:

Sassafrass:

MiracleOfSound:

Sassafrass:

Oh yeah I forgot about that. That was actually pretty cool. RATM were a big band for me growing up in the 90s!

I never really listened to them but I've heard one song by them. Guess which one? :p
And you'll like one of my up-coming reviews then. X-Factor, anyone?

The first game was a miracle. This one was a snivelling puddle of burned down testicle crust. Good review though.

nah man i disagree the story isnt nearly as good as the first one, no twists and turns, that would you kindly bit in bioshock 1 blew my mind. I did think the bad ending was one of the best ive seen in a while though lol I was getting quite proud of how evil elanor was before the bitch killed me :P

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked