Miracle's Whip - ALAN WAKE

Pages PREV 1 2

Souplex:
I am confuzzled: Since when was Alyx ever not annoying or in your way?

I admit she got in the way once or twice but really I never found her annoying! The other NPCs in HL2 were damn annoying though... stupid medics

VanityGirl:
Very well done review. I want to buy this game. Nice job Miracle :)
I'm a little disturbed by the pixelation, but maybe it can be something I could ignore in the game if I'm emerged enough.

Thank you :)
Yeah it really isn't a big deal. You'll only notice it when you're looking close, it's only blatant on one or two texture types.

Rusman:

I with you on that as well. Used to nick them from my mums book shelf because she thought they were too old for me. But anyway I digress. I'll say it again, nice review. I like your style as it were :)

Thanks for the kind words!

Egad! I'm 2 days away from getting my copy. I can hardly wait!

Sorry i can't leave much of a comment, I'm a bit sick and my mind isn't working well. Mjhhiv covered pretty much everything I wanted to say. Lose the sub headings, use transitions.

I like the new format, Miracle. You laid out the review very well and made things nice and clear.

Keep up the great work!

MiracleOfSound:
Splosion man looks fun though!

The co-op is horrid. Don't do it. It's a great single player game. But the co-op require an N+/I Wanna Be the Guy level of precision.

Pimppeter2:
Egad! I'm 2 days away from getting my copy. I can hardly wait!

Sorry i can't leave much of a comment, I'm a bit sick and my mind isn't working well. Mjhhiv covered pretty much everything I wanted to say. Lose the sub headings, use transitions.

I hear ya. I am currently suffering the dreaded man-flu. It has dulled my brain :(

MiracleOfSound:
There are numerous third wall breaking moments

Don't you mean fourth wall?

Alan Wake is definitely near the top of my "to buy" list when my exams finish and I actually have some time to play games. It might be the first thing I get, I haven't decided yet. There's just one thing about it that's bugging me. Is it just me or does Alan really look like Michael Douglas?

scobie:

MiracleOfSound:
There are numerous third wall breaking moments

Don't you mean fourth wall?

Blush

scobie:

Is it just me or does Alan really look like Michael Douglas?

Nah, not in game anyway.

BlueInkAlchemist:
I like the new format, Miracle. You laid out the review very well and made things nice and clear.

Keep up the great work!

Cheers man

Onyx Oblivion:

MiracleOfSound:
Splosion man looks fun though!

The co-op is horrid. Don't do it. It's a great single player game. But the co-op require an N+/I Wanna Be the Guy level of precision.

Yeah even the demo was kinda tricky.

awesome review man im gna go watch your other ones now.

Very nice review! Easy to read and follow, perhaps even better than the ones I've read from so called "professionals". Keep 'em coming!

I'm a few hours into the game myself, and I'm really enjoying it. It's just so...atmospheric.

Great review, and I agree with every little bit of it. Especially the birds... I understand that a feature like this can potentially heighten the tension, but dear Lord, the out-of-nowhere facial gangrape was just annoying.

I think I'll probably buy the game, too, but only once the price has dropped a bit.

Sonicron:
Great review, and I agree with every little bit of it. Especially the birds... I understand that a feature like this can potentially heighten the tension, but dear Lord, the out-of-nowhere facial gangrape was just annoying.

Yeah they were such a bad mechanic... especially when you had to fight two flocks at once. It made me tense in an angry way instead of a scared way.

Though the Hitchcock reference was cool :)

will1182:
Very nice review! Easy to read and follow, perhaps even better than the ones I've read from so called "professionals". Keep 'em coming!

I'm a few hours into the game myself, and I'm really enjoying it. It's just so...atmospheric.

Thanks dude. Finish the game yet? Enjoy the ending?

loooooowwww:
awesome review man im gna go watch your other ones now.

Sweet!

MiracleOfSound:

will1182:

Thanks dude. Finish the game yet? Enjoy the ending?

As a matter of fact, I finished the game yesterday. I have to say, I really enjoyed it. The atmosphere, the gameplay, the soundtrack, the story, they all came together to make a really good experience.

The ending though...I think the best way to describe it would be "mindfuck". I'm not sure if you understood it or not, but damn...I was clueless. Even reading the plot summary on Wikipedia didn't help. My guess is that they tried to make it vague so it's open to interpretation.

will1182:
[
The ending though...I think the best way to describe it would be "mindfuck". I'm not sure if you understood it or not, but damn...I was clueless. Even reading the plot summary on Wikipedia didn't help. My guess is that they tried to make it vague so it's open to interpretation.

Yeah I was a bit confused by it alright, I had my theories but there was no way of really knowing for sure.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked