Opinionated Reviews: Heroes... Again.

Last week's video was the good things about Heroes, and this week's is the bad. Never splitting 'em up that way again.

Also, there's a companion blog for my reviews at http://theopinionatedcritic.blogspot.com

I intend to answer any questions or comments there, so have a gander if you think I skimped in some places.

And as always, comments and opinions very very welcome!

Huh, Yahztee's lost sister reviewing TV shows. The only things I'd request would be to slow down a bit, turn up the recording volume, and move the mic away to avoid breathing registering in the recording itself.

Second would be to put in more effort into the visuals.

Other than that it seems fairly interesting. Never did watch heroes (probably connected with me having stopped watching TV for the most part) so I can't comment much on the TV show.

Good luck with future updates though.

Savant Crime:
Last week's video was the good things about Heroes, and this week's is the bad. Never splitting 'em up that way again.

Also, there's a companion blog for my reviews at http://theopinionatedcritic.blogspot.com

I intend to answer any questions or comments there, so have a gander if you think I skimped in some places.

And as always, comments and opinions very very welcome!

ur not funny enough by escapist standards, you need to be moar irrevelent, USE MOAR EXTREME SWEAR WORDS, moar mindless negatively and some pop cult references and you'll be as funny as yahtzee/moviebob. you need moare pics and need to speak moar clearly

you may take this as criticism or a genuine praise or both. you figure it out, lol.

ur not funny enough by escapist standards, you need to be moar irrevelent, USE MOAR EXTREME SWEAR WORDS, moar mindless negatively and some pop cult references and you'll be as funny as yahtzee/moviebob. you need moare pics and need to speak moar clearly

you may take this as criticism or a genuine praise or both. you figure it out, lol.

Thank you for your contribution to this thread, Liquidcathedral. I too find it bothersome, but if you mix two cups of water with two tablespoons of baking soda and boil for fifteen minutes, it should lift that burnt on detritus right up.

Best of luck to you, and be sure to let me know how it goes!

Savant Crime:

Thank you for your contribution to this thread, Liquidcathedral. I too find it bothersome, but if you mix two cups of water with two tablespoons of baking soda and boil for fifteen minutes, it should lift that burnt on detritus right up.

i donm't get it bro, but i promise itw will return to normal when that black person stops followeing me :(

Liquidcathedral:

Savant Crime:

i donm't get it bro, but i promise itw will return to normal when that black person stops followeing me :(

Ah, Liquidcathedral, you truly are a devoted follower of this conversation. Your input is appreciated as always, and I suspect that if you switch to a size 10 needle, the smaller eye will ease the pull through the fabric, and should reduce puckering.

I'm glad that my previous suggestion was so helpful. As always, best of luck.

Savant Crime:

Liquidcathedral:

Savant Crime:

Ah, Liquidcathedral, you truly are a devoted follower of this conversation. Your input is appreciated as always, and I suspect that if you switch to a size 10 needle, the smaller eye will ease the pull through the fabric, and should reduce puckering.

I'm glad that my previous suggestion was so helpful. As always, best of luck.

i don't knoew what ur taling about, don't disrespect ur bro.

Liquidcathedral,

I'm very sorry to hear of your confusion. Perhaps you were under the impression that this thread is a halfway house for trolls? I sincerely apologize for any disrespect you feel may have come from me, but perhaps if you cannot keep up, this thread is not for you?

Always delighted to hear your opinions, and your departure from this conversation is truly a tragic loss. I am, as ever,

Your devoted servant,

Savant

Savant Crime:
Liquidcathedral,

I'm very sorry to hear of your confusion. Perhaps you were under the impression that this thread is a halfway house for trolls? I sincerely apologize for any disrespect you feel may have come from me, but perhaps if you cannot keep up, this thread is not for you?

Always delighted to hear your opinions, and your departure from this conversation is truly a tragic loss. I am, as ever,

Your devoted servant,

Savant

there are no trolls on the escapist.

Liquidcathedral:

Savant Crime:
Liquidcathedral,

Your devoted servant,

Savant

Liquidcathedral,

My mistake, you are not a troll. That was insensitive of me and I apologize; I naturally presumed that the clumsy fingers characteristic to trolls was the cause of your terrible spelling and grammar, but now I see that you're just ignorant. Perhaps when you express your opinion, you should make the attempt to do so with better language skills than ballpoint pen? I feel that if you were to do so, your opinion would be assumed to be somewhat credible, and you might then be able to further advance your aims.

I recommend a rift in the time continuum, as I'm not aware of a way to bring you up to an adult level before you wither away and die of unexpressed bile. Barring that, perhaps you should exacerbate people who aren't smarter and more articulate than you? The Internet is large enough, I'm sure there are people of an appropriate level for you to annoy somewhere. My Little Pony forums, for instance.

Best of luck to you and I am,

Sincerely yours,

Savant

Savant Crime:

Liquidcathedral:

Savant Crime:
Liquidcathedral,

Your devoted servant,

Savant

Liquidcathedral,

My mistake, you are not a troll. That was insensitive of me and I apologize; I naturally presumed that the clumsy fingers characteristic to trolls was the cause of your terrible spelling and grammar, but now I see that you're just ignorant. Perhaps when you express your opinion, you should make the attempt to do so with better language skills than ballpoint pen? I feel that if you were to do so, your opinion would be assumed to be somewhat credible, and you might then be able to further advance your aims.

I recommend a rift in the time continuum, as I'm not aware of a way to bring you up to an adult level before you wither away and die of unexpressed bile. Barring that, perhaps you should exacerbate people who aren't smarter and more articulate than you? The Internet is large enough, I'm sure there are people of an appropriate level for you to annoy somewhere. My Little Pony forums, for instance.

Sincerely yours,

Savant

naw bro, i'm juast drunk and iiim pretty angry that i losvt my capslock again. this thread is p empty. what is heroes anyway? isa that liker supermasn but for adults?

lol, i think i should stop posting now, but it was pretyyy good anyway bro, we need moar reviewers bro. that black person is still outside :(

Liquidcathedral,

I'm sorry that your African violets are sickly, are you keeping them under a bell? If the humidity isn't high enough they do tend to wither. Best of luck to you and enjoy the rest of your day.

Sincerely,

Savant

Savant Crime:
Liquidcathedral,

I'm sorry that your African violets are sickly, are you keeping them under a bell? If the humidity isn't high enough they do tend to wither. Best of luck to you and enjoy the rest of your day.

Sincerely,

Savant

do u know to get rid of that black person outside?

Ask him to leave, perhaps? Just a suggestion.

Savant Crime:

i tried that but he woin't leave :(

Liquidcathedral:

Savant Crime:

i tried that but he woin't leave :(

Well if he's on your property then you can call the police and bust him for trespassing. If he's not, then you can call the police and tell them that there's a strange dude outside your house and he wouldn't leave when you asked.

In other news, perhaps this isn't the proper forum for your insecurities? Just maybe?

Savant Crime:

Liquidcathedral,

Sincerely yours,

Savant

you madame are a troll.

your review was pretty good and well tought out. But it was very subjective, which is fine considering your review title. On a technical level it was lacking, your microphone was too close to your mouth, you did talk too fast, didn't articulate enough and the visual presentation(the video) could of used more work.

Also try to take critisism better, you did ask for comments.

you madame are a troll.

your review was pretty good and well tought out. But it was very subjective, which is fine considering your review title. On a technical level it was lacking, your microphone was too close to your mouth, you did talk too fast, didn't articulate enough and the visual presentation(the video) could of used more work.

Also try to take critisism better, you did ask for comments.

Thank you, that's actually very helpful.

Well Upper atmospheric lightning can sometimes be blue......
Also your voice too quiet because after tuning my volume way, way up to hear what you said I got a call on skype and nearly had heart attack. But good review over all

Good review and all that. God bless you for finishing this boring TV shows.

Anyways, you should get a pop-filter. No money? Then it's arts and crafts time! My personal solution is simply to cut off the top of a plastic cup, wrap some lace, pantyhose or whatever around the cup and tape it to a stick. Good to go. On headset mic? You're on your own.

By the the by, why's the Eclipse the logo? I dunno. Why do characters have annoying and invasive catch phrases in sitcoms? Product recognition and, ergo, money. I guess some producer just looked at the eclipse and said, "Huh, that looks cool..." That's it, probably.

On a technical level, I can here where you cut your takes together from time to time. Said pop-filter would probably help. That, and just be mindful of where breaths start and stop when editing audio. They're probably the biggest thing to watch out for when editing dialogue like this.

Good Clean Fun:
Good review and all that. God bless you for finishing this boring TV shows.

Anyways, you should get a pop-filter. No money? Then it's arts and crafts time! My personal solution is simply to cut off the top of a plastic cup, wrap some lace, pantyhose or whatever around the cup and tape it to a stick. Good to go. On headset mic? You're on your own.

By the the by, why's the Eclipse the logo? I dunno. Why do characters have annoying and invasive catch phrases in sitcoms? Product recognition and, ergo, money. I guess some producer just looked at the eclipse and said, "Huh, that looks cool..." That's it, probably.

On a technical level, I can here where you cut your takes together from time to time. Said pop-filter would probably help. That, and just be mindful of where breaths start and stop when editing audio. They're probably the biggest thing to watch out for when editing dialogue like this.

Thanks, but I AM on a headset mic. It's either the headset or the mic in my laptop and that's static-tastic. And I recently got better editing software so hopefully, along with some more care when recording, I should have some better-quality sound for the next video.

Thanks for the input!

I wont go into the sound quality of the review among other things previous posts have already mentioned. Instead, I will congratulate you on the fact you have torn down my blind love of Heroes and made me consider; perhaps it isn't the super great show I made it out to be. However I do still enjoy it, but next time I watch it I will have your review in mind.

Lastly, will you be going any further into the series, or will you be moving on to another subject?

Lastly, will you be going any further into the series, or will you be moving on to another subject?

Heroes or the review series in general?

I'm done with Heroes, and I'm making the video for The Mentalist now. I'll post it on Sunday if you want to come back and take a look.

As for the review series, The Mentalist will be my eighth. I have no intention of stopping altogether, but I do plan on slowing my schedule down to biweekly due to the incredible amounts of material I have to pore through to make these.

I'm glad you enjoyed the critique!

Savant Crime:
As for the review series, The Mentalist will be my eighth. I have no intention of stopping altogether, but I do plan on slowing my schedule down to biweekly due to the incredible amounts of material I have to pore through to make these.

I'm glad you enjoyed the critique!

I will make sure to watch it when it comes out. I thought The Mentalist was kind of average to be honest, but I would like to see what you have to say after you have watched it.

The first seventy-five percent of this thread's comments (specifically regarding Liquidcathedral) have sapped a little bit of my humanity and I fear that I may never recover it.
Please help.

Good Clean Fun:
The first seventy-five percent of this thread's comments (specifically regarding Liquidcathedral) have sapped a little bit of my humanity and I fear that I may never recover it.
Please help.

That bad, huh? I thought it was fun...

I think it was actually when wasalp called you a troll a suggested that Liquidcathedral's comments were valid that my respect for the human race died. There is no return from that brink.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked