[CR] Call of Duty: Black Ops

Pages PREV 1 2

Snotnarok:

Korten12:

Snotnarok:

I kind of agree with that but I don't agree with companies using shitty DRM in their games like Ubisoft. I can't buy their stuff because I'm just not about to let them get the idea that fucking their customers over is a good idea.

Oh I agree, I hate DRM, I deal with it but at least Activision doesn't have DRMs as far as I know, unless you consider Steam a bad DRM.

I am not defending Activision, I hate Activision just as much as the next guy but atleast they don't have a DRM. Though their $15 is really annoying though, thats the only part that pisses me off...

I wasn't suggesting you supported DRM, just stating there are good reasons to not buy products from a company. Steam is fine DRM in my mind as I've had no issues with it.

Activision does scummy things but what can you do it's not the same Activision that started making games for atari. It's simply the name on a different company ...much like Atari.

Sorry, if I came off as hostile, I wasn't assuming that you assumed that I supported DRM.

Also what is with Atari? I have heard something like that, from people and on the ENN (it was a joke but I assume it had some factual idea that it was based off of.)

Korten12:

Snotnarok:

Korten12:

Oh I agree, I hate DRM, I deal with it but at least Activision doesn't have DRMs as far as I know, unless you consider Steam a bad DRM.

I am not defending Activision, I hate Activision just as much as the next guy but atleast they don't have a DRM. Though their $15 is really annoying though, thats the only part that pisses me off...

I wasn't suggesting you supported DRM, just stating there are good reasons to not buy products from a company. Steam is fine DRM in my mind as I've had no issues with it.

Activision does scummy things but what can you do it's not the same Activision that started making games for atari. It's simply the name on a different company ...much like Atari.

Sorry, if I came off as hostile, I wasn't assuming that you assumed that I supported DRM.

Also what is with Atari? I have heard something like that, from people and on the ENN (it was a joke but I assume it had some factual idea that it was based off of.)

You'd have to look up the Wikipedia article honestly, it gets really dizzying. Started off good, dropped down a bit, a few stupid decisions a few shady decisions against Nintendo and then their name just kind of bounced around after that.

I think there was a whole thing on youtube about atari.

OT: Good review had to be said after I forgot the first time OP. I dunno why people bash Black Ops, I suspect the same reason WaW and MW2 were bashed.

Reason 1: Not being Infinity Ward making a CoD game

Reason 2: It's too popular, so snobs don't buy it.

Snotnarok:

I think Number 2 is like 90% of the reason why.

Korten12:

Snotnarok:

Which makes no sense to me...Why not give it a chance vs just blowing it off. I'm not even saying buy it (because I did that for Other M and I regretted it) just ...I dunno...rent? ...Look at vids? ...Laser beams?

Snotnarok:

Korten12:

Snotnarok:

Which makes no sense to me...Why not give it a chance vs just blowing it off. I'm not even saying buy it (because I did that for Other M and I regretted it) just ...I dunno...rent? ...Look at vids? ...Laser beams?

Laser BEAMS!! :D

But yeah rent it, try it at friends houses...

Superior Mind:
I would buy Call of Duty just for the ridiculously written single player campaign. I would. I'd even play around with the multiplayer a bit. Even though I'm now opposed to anything associated with Bob Kotick I would buy it - but for one thing.

It's 130 fucking dollars here.

Some games are worth that. Some games I'd pay that for. The yearly edition of the Call of Duty franchise is certainly not worth that to me and I'm surprised its worth that for so many others.

(Granted NZ game prices are FUCKING RETARDED - as are Aussie ones - but I won't go into that now.)

Why don't you import them from the U.K. or something then?

Erecting a Sentry:

Superior Mind:
I would buy Call of Duty just for the ridiculously written single player campaign. I would. I'd even play around with the multiplayer a bit. Even though I'm now opposed to anything associated with Bob Kotick I would buy it - but for one thing.

Some games are worth that. Some games I'd pay that for. The yearly edition of the Call of Duty franchise is certainly not worth that to me and I'm surprised its worth that for so many others.

(Granted NZ game prices are FUCKING RETARDED - as are Aussie ones - but I won't go into that now.)

Because it is really not worth the effort. From what I've read and seen and from what reactions I've heard from people who've played it the game is mediocre at best.

Does prove my point about the shittiness of game prices here, straight conversion from the pound for a £40 game brings the price down to about $83NZD.

Superior Mind:

Erecting a Sentry:

Superior Mind:

Because it is really not worth the effort. From what I've read and seen and from what reactions I've heard from people who've played it the game is mediocre at best.

Does prove my point about the shittiness of game prices here, straight conversion from the pound for a £40 game brings the price down to about $83NZD.

..............I ain't ever gonna live in NZ or Australia.....

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked