If You Could View or Change the Past...

So suppose you were given access to a machine to either view history or change it... what would you do? Or at least, see how things would have turned out if you did change the timeline.

For example:

Viewing- July 11th, 1804, Weehawken New Jersey. Specifically, the duel between Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton, so that I would know what really happened on that day... (Both as a history buff and a Hamilton fangirl.)

As for changing the timeline...

A lot of people would want to remove Hitler from the equation and prevent World War 2... but I'm aiming higher by preventing the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand, which started the First World War and indirectly lead to the Second.

So what would you all want to see or change?

Wow! It's been a while since this was posted kind off a shame the Forum Games are dead now...

Anyway I personally am not too fixated in the past personally I think I'd rather just be a time tourist, but if I had to choose, I'd probably find out moments in which famous criminals were vulnerable & just go and kill them, mostly just for fun since there'll probably be other assholes that will take their place or something.

Kaleion:
Wow! It's been a while since this was posted kind off a shame the Forum Games are dead now...

Anyway I personally am not too fixated in the past personally I think I'd rather just be a time tourist, but if I had to choose, I'd probably find out moments in which famous criminals were vulnerable & just go and kill them, mostly just for fun since there'll probably be other assholes that will take their place or something.

Thank you for responding, I was honestly concerned no one was interested... maybe I should move it to the Off-Topic foursquare it would get more attention?

I'd either try to advise Napoleon against deposing the Bourbons and invading Russia, poison Clemenceau at Versailles or tried to get the french to support Litinov's proposal to intervene against Germany remilitarizing the Rhineland. In short, I'd try to save european history from the foolishness of frenchmen

CrazyGirl17:

Kaleion:

Thank you for responding, I was honestly concerned no one was interested... maybe I should move it to the Off-Topic foursquare it would get more attention?

Probably but it's up to you, we had a small group of people that was always here but it seems they've decided to move on and almost no one else seems to ever come by here so I don't think it's very noticeable in this sub-forum, but I don't know if that would be against the rules.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here