Poll: True RPG 8

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

The game works like this, everyone votes on a choice or the character we'll
be using (in the beginning). I create a story revolving the character.
Within the story you get to choose what the character does (it's a
vote, majority rules). Your variety of choices are based on your skills
and class you pick.

-------------------------------------------

Things to keep in mind....

This is a group game, not for individuals, everything that happens is a vote, patience.

This is my game, do not steal it or I will be very crossed with you.

Only I make the story and give you choices. FYI your choices are given to you based on your character and his/her abilities.

Let's get started then, shall we?

Skills:

Necromancy- Forbidden of mages but not for you, curses and summons coming your way!

Illusion- Trick a trickster, turn invisible, or even blind a man!

Mysticism- Telekinesis never fails and soul trapping is a nifty trick.

Restoration- Create resistances to attacks and heal your wounds or diseases....

Chaos- This spell can have multiple benefits. It can confuse your enemies, make them dance, or even shine your boots!

Alteration- Levitate and create shields to both fly and defend yourself from attacks, and you can even breathe water!

Destruction- Boom! Ice, fire, and electrical mayhem!

Athletics- Run like the wind!

Acrobatics- It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a crazy man jumping from roof to roof....

Duel Wielding- Two bloody blades are so much better than one....

Hand-to hand- To bloody my knuckles, or not to bloody my knuckles, that is the question?

Marksmen- Gun and bullet....in the head that is.

Sneak- Pickpocket the rich, and kill the beggars quietly.

Axe- Sharp, round, and able to cut through bone! Though not as fast as a blade.

Hammer- slow, stiff, but oh so powerful! Slowest but the strongest!

Blade- Steel, cold steel? Unless it has recently struck warm blood. Fastest, but weakest of all.

Charm- Aren't you the charmer

Intimidate- Ooo, scary man/woman.

Classes

Thief- Stealing is your art but in exchange you're not much of a fighter.

Mage- Bulging muscles aren't your thing, but glowing hands are! Ooo, shiny!

Crusader- Fighter of the God(s) and wielder of the blade.

Assassin- Killer by day and by night, no surprises there....

Mercenary- Buy em, kill em, fear em.

Traits:

Artistic- The kills have more flare, their moves are smooth and flow easily. They find the most unusual places to creep into places. They even knows how come up with rather interesting lies.

Brave- The character is never afraid to go head first right into the middle of a fight. They may have the adrenaline others could never aspire to. Best of all, they can speak up when need be.

Handy- The cleverest character is the one most apt for survival in some cases. They come up with rather odd ways to kill, often involving more running and planing than fighting. They can only fix any of their broken equipment instead of waiting in the story to get a new bow or sword.

Heavy Sleeper- Their dreams last longer, are more vivid, and often rewarding in terms of you enjoying the dreams more. They also can sleep through anything, villages burning down, long bouts of boredom, even their own executions!

Perfectionist- They always have to hit right in the middle of the neck, or always win. They are keen to spotting the perfect (haha pun) weak point of any enemy easily. However, just because they try to be perfect doesn't mean they are. Sometimes they mess up on their assumptions, and if they do, well, it just bothers them really, since you know, one little screw up and you might end up screwed (teehee).

Races

Gronglins-
Short, stout, fat, and powerful! They are usually found in mines,
arenas with axes and getting drunk?not very intelligent. Hated by
Totilions.

Totilions- Lizards, very sneaky bunch. But
intelligent. Some are mercenaries, some are assassins, and even more
are thieves?.Hated by humans.

Human- The most found race of them all, imperialistic in nature and pretty proud of it. Luckily because of the number of humans around the other races don't pick fights with them
so much. Hated by all races.

Anarkins- Insectoids of some sort,
hailing from an unknown place. They are a race composed entirely of
males however. Reproduction is done through a extraordinary process,
using other female insect types the Anarkins are born. The eggs are
excreted from the female insects forced to "give birth" to the Anarkins.

Limits

You
may pick 7 skills and 1 class. You may also pick a gender and a race. Please pick just 1 trait.
1 combat oriented skill only: Destruction, Blade, Axe, Marksmen,
hand-to-hand. Or you could have none at all.

Things I have added/removed: Traits added- I got the idea from the Sims 3 and while not implementing them exactly how they are used in the Sims 3, they still further customize the choices given to you at any time. There is however a backlash to this. Sometimes even we can't control ourselves and these traits influence how the character will behave on their instinct. Brave characters will often speak up without your say so, or jump right into a battle they don't have to fight. While artistic characters will always know how to get out of situations (most of the time) they may be too flashy and be countered or even mess up once in a while, after all, nobodies perfect.

Gronglin
Male
Mercenary
Brave

Skills:
Axe
Athletics
Intimidate
Acrobatics
Alteration
Illusion
Restoration

human
male
Crusader
Perfectionist

Skills:
Blade
Dual wielding
Alteration
Restoration
Athletics
Charm
Illusion

Why are you starting another? You just started the Silent Hill and 7 is still going.

Shapsters:
Why are you starting another? You just started the Silent Hill and 7 is still going.

because 7 ended

ravensshade:

Shapsters:

because 7 ended

I saw that afterwords, kind of cheap if you ask me.

Shapsters:

ravensshade:

Shapsters:

because 7 ended

I saw that afterwords, kind of cheap if you ask me.

yeah it was kind cheap... and i'd have voted roll away (actually i found that in most of the truerpgs in which i participated in the final vote that i had the correct vote but heh it's a group game)

Human
Male
Mercenary
Handy

Skills:
Blade
Restoration
Athletics
Acrobatics
Duel-Wield
Sneak
Charm

Gronglin

Male

Mercenary

Trait: Perfectionist

Skills:
Blade
Athletics
Intimidate
Acrobatics
Alteration
Illusion
Restoration
-------------------------------

You are at your tribes camp, evening fire pit. Some meat is roasting over the fire, but, there has been a lack of hunters to supply the meat, you were hired to obtain the meat, for meaningless gold of course.

"Grah ya meated, get your own stinkin goht"

"Blah to you Hercanbi! Blah blah blah! Wat you lookin at ya gold whore!?"

1. "I'm moar of teh blood whore, hehe"

2. Bang your blade on a stone in the fire pit

1. Never mind, speak teh lolcatz!

btw i don't quite catch how you did the what are the end race&stats cleril could you explain? (or did you pick them off the top of your hat)

ravensshade:
btw i don't quite catch how you did the what are the end race&stats cleril could you explain? (or did you pick them off the top of your hat)

Well, perfectly honest, I make everything up in my head the moment I do it. Well, for the character creation sometimes I use a coin flip. But 110% of the time I just make it up as I go. The whole point of True RPG is to have a unique story every time. Like I've said before, sometimes the story gets really deep, other times you die from a simple cold. It's all from my head. Now, don't take me for a dictator here, I do build walls for myself.

Whatever choice you guys/gals make stands, along with skills, which in turn, affect the choices I can give you. I never want the character to die (okay sometimes when I can't come up with a story or when I have a grand update, not the case last time honestly) so I 70% of the time give you tiny hints of how to survive something. Other times I give and take. I'll give you a good kill via decapitation (if character skills allow) but then I'll have you run into a tree and die. I'm perfectly fair, at least, I think so. The character will never be a god, but does have skills that the normal peasant doesn't. Of course, if you do survive for say, a long hell of a time, sure, I'll "make" the character more apt. The more an athlete wins at his sport, the better he becomes right?

Of course the races are self explained. Humans are generally balanced. Totilions are the magic wielders. Gronglins are funny little bastards. Anarkins are sick mentally, but it's how they have to survive. Every race generally speak differently, as you no doubt noticed. Every race lives differently, as you no doubt noticed as well. The racial bonuses are very, very minor things. I prefer telling a good story about the axe wielding Totilion than having you forced to sync up a Totilion with pure mage. Freedom over limitation.

Hope that answered anything and everything for your question :)

Story time
----------------------------------------------------------------

Jingo: "Gulp"

Hercanbi: "Hah! He tald a funni. Ere bubba, take tis meet. It was Jingo's anywhos."

Jingo stomps off, stuttering back into his tent, mumbling some foul language no doubt.

1. Eat the meat joyfully

2. Give meat to Jingo

1. No point in wasting some good food.

1. Me wants food.

(also correct me if i'm wrong then what we decide to be doesn't matter?
for example and that was (part of) the question 2 people opted for human& dual wield vs 1 gronglin with intimidate so you just dice rolled that? (that's what i meant with understanding how you come to race&stats ) hope i'm not being to offensive or something )

ravensshade:
for example and that was (part of) the question 2 people opted for human& dual wield vs 1 gronglin with intimidate so you just dice rolled that? (that's what i meant with understanding how you come to race&stats ) hope i'm not being to offensive or something )

I think he picks and chooses, i.e. I put out the merc idea someone suggested grongil someone's was perfectionist etc. etc.

ravensshade:

Actually I had posted the character after Mordereth posted his. With the increasing popularity I didn't want to change it and such, usually I don't anyway. I usually purposely wait for 3 or so character submissions before creating though, mixing them up evenly as possible. What you do does matter in the sense that I am not against or for you. I am simply the story teller with a story to tell. Of course, like I said, I make the story up as you go along on the spot, which makes True RPG unique every time. Even dice rolls cause stories to get unoriginal after a while.

Basically this whole game is you, the voters/character makers, and me the story teller. It actually doesn't make for a bad game, please don't feel cheated out by this method, I never kill the character because I say so, only if you miss a hint or go too headstrong into a situation that you would realistically die in. True RPG is set in a fantasy world, but I still have realistic values in it. You starting out vs master of killing = you either get very lucky, or most likely you die.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You savagely munch on your meat. A rustling noise is heard from some nearby bushes. Hercanbi points in their direction, beckoning you to go, you are the merc after all.

"Aye, probly munchkins, teh try to attak buh teh always lose"

1. Walk over to bushes

2. Stay steated

3. "Get your arse over tere before I globber your blobber"

can't we throw the meat over there? I think they want it.

if not, 1

1, let's kill something.

As you walk closer suddenly humans jump out and trample over you heading to the village. You slowly rise up and charge after them. The Gronglins sound the alarm, Jingo fires sling shots at them, Hercanbi thrusts his spear.

"Die foul beast!"

"Meh foul beast? Ye blasted meat shield out oh your rotten meat brain"

1. Knock em off their feet

2. Blind and attack with sword

2. An attempt to knock them down could end fatally, best to proceed with as much caution as possible.

Mordereth:
2. An attempt to knock them down could end fatally, best to proceed with as much caution as possible.

Probably didn't make that clear, it's alteration, not melee.

Cleril:

Mordereth:

The blindness?

I assumed.

The Blade? Would that be like an illusion to scare them?

Mordereth:

Cleril:

Mordereth:

The blindness?

I assumed.

The Blade? Would that be like an illusion to scare them?

No, no, option 2 is an alteration spell, not direct combat.

Okay, I change my vote to 1 then.

Human,
Male
Assassin (avec le hash)
Perfectionist (and you say nobody's perfect! Well, I am.)

SKILLS:
Blade
Duel wielding
Acrobatics
Athletics
Necromancy
Mysticism
Destruction

1, 1, 1, 1.

Lexodus:
Human,
Male
Assassin (avec le hash)

SKILLS:
Blade
Duel wielding
Acrobatics
Athletics
Necromancy
Mysticism
Destruction

Ah, we already have the character.

Mordereth:

Lexodus:
Human,
Male
Assassin (avec le hash)

SKILLS:
Blade
Duel wielding
Acrobatics
Athletics
Necromancy
Mysticism
Destruction

?

Lexodus:

Mordereth:

Lexodus:
Human,
Male
Assassin (avec le hash)

SKILLS:
Blade
Duel wielding
Acrobatics
Athletics
Necromancy
Mysticism
Destruction

?

This game only has one character. Look over the OP again and examine the post a bit.

Lexodus:
Human,
Male
Assassin (avec le hash)

SKILLS:
Blade
Duel wielding
Acrobatics
Athletics
Necromancy
Mysticism
Destruction

1, 1, 1, 1.

Ello there guvnor. Welcome to True RPG. Since already started a character no submissions are needed. However you can still participate anytime you want since this is a group game. You do not need to submit a character to play but I need a few volunteers for the next True RPG. But again, feel free to join up and vote anytime you want.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked